THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log

Go down 
+14
Gizamaluke
RedRegicide
Siticus the Ancient
Squidmaster
Ynneadwraith
wormfromhell
inevitable_faith
Korona
stanimal221
fisheyes
Marrath
Devilish
The Shredder
Cavash
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2017, 12:26

MAn, they look NICE!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 01:51

Love the Incubi conversions here, they look deadly.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 17:35

So minor update

Wyches / Mandrakes EDIT: Umm... I think I'm gonna use them as Warlocks
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Projec10
These are some of my Mandrake conversions, although later down the line I may very well use them as Wyches.

Dark Reapers Crap I made for a narrative campaign and now regret as they look awful
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Projec11
These guys were made outta spare bits I have 10 in total but my new phone camera for some reason couldn't take pictures of them and they aren't the best to begin with so (shrug)

Incubi Update
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Projec13
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Projec12
I finally got to work recently on painting and I have settled on a scheme. The only thing I'm missing is practice with it (and I'm unsure if I like the silver helm on the Incubi so that is subject to change, as well as learning how to paint blue OSL eyes)

But the Incubi is my first finished model and I'm overall really happy with it Smile Hope you guys enjoyed this little update, and I actually have a Tantalus conversion in the works (not that I'll use it much with all the new toys the Codex is giving us)

Last edited by Rhivan on Wed Aug 15 2018, 05:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 20:48

I've finally settled on my paint scheme Very Happy So I have a wash or two left on these guys but I thought I'd post my progress I've made with them

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Execut10

I've also started painting my first ever conversion in the scheme (they were the first test subjects)
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Reaver10

Overall I actually have quite a few plans conversion wise (right now waiting on some orders, and I'm going to try and dabble in casting Executioner, and Shadow Warrior Heads as I need them moving forward as the lack thereof is my biggest problem currently)

I'm making a Zombie Dragon Tantalus conversion that is going pretty well, as well as fixing, stripping, and magnetizing my models (as my current method of transport has damaged my raiders, and knocked a sword off a grotesque, and the long handle on my leaping talos) I also have a new Haemonculus, Succubus, and Archon conversions on the way overall if I keep myself motivated and painting/converting this year will be my most active one my a longshot. Smile

Overall tell me what you guys think I'd love to see your comments and can't wait to see what you say.

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20 2018, 23:46

Sorry for my lack of updates I've been awaiting the kits I ordered (especially the Executioners) and I've made some results on my Mandrakes which are only lacking the spirit hosts on their bases (1 squad remaining to be built)

Now in some of the older stuff I've seen (and also eye of error) there are mentions of mandrakes dabbling in socery/psykery(?) and with the fluff of them also draining the life essence of their victims and weaponizing it I knew 2 things. 1.) Ghosts NEED to be present on these figures, and 2.) I need to make them look like battlemages... Enjoy

(On a side note I claim best mandrake conversions ever Razz  of course that is up for debate)

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Drakes10
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Drakes11

So I hope you like them, and please tell me what you think! I really look forward to reading it. Smile

EDIT: Think I should add sword sheathes to them? I have quite a few.

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 06:28

Aww no comments yet ;( Oh well hopefully this'll get at least one of you to say something Razz

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Drakes14
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Drakes16
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Drakes15

While the shield is purely decorative (just like the armor) I'm really fond of it as he looks quite dynamic marching forward shield raised. It looks espesially good from the back (I may just need to get a picture from that angle for you all)

Hope you all like my mandrakes, I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 07:26

It might be the choice of the kits, as these guys feel like straight up Incubi than Mandrakes due to how armoured they are. Not to say there can't be armourclad spooky ghosts that step out of the shadows and murder you, but the halberds and shields completely go against the idea of the unit being this sneaky shadowy murderer bunch.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 10:18

Got to agree. They look too heavily armoured to be Mandrakes, and really look more like they should be Incubi. It might because of the armour bulk and glaive combo - I think its pretty much the heaviness of the armour. Its doesn't scream "shadow monster" to me. More "skilled and armoured melee fighter".
I mean, they look good, just not massively Mandrakey.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 16:22

I understand where the Incubi thing is coming from. It's probably gonna be a reoccurring problem in my army tbh as I really love armored units. Like this is my plan for my Wyches (roughly done ala paint) EDIT: Since I have Wyches I'm quite happy with below I'll probably be using this idea for my harlequin models instead.
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Dread10
(But with you know a different head and melee weapons)

The other thing with the drakes is that they are not currently done yet, I'm hoping the ghosts flying around them will help add to that shadowey theme for them to them. Some simmilar to this in a way (not mine)
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Exampl10

On a slightly lighter note RIP singular shield guy, I thought it looked cool Razz as for my reasoning on using the halberds (as little as it is) is because they are S4 and I wanted to represent that with a bigger weapon as most Eldar are S3 and using the executioner swords I had on hand would've stepped on the hands of my Incubi, plus I've been wanting an excuse to use them...

Thanks for the criticism guys, I do appreciate and understand it, but would you be willing to tell me what you like about the models as well?

Last edited by Rhivan on Wed Aug 15 2018, 05:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 17:03

I think your concept can still work with the right paint job. Make them look dark and shadowy, and you got it. The swirling ghosts will help to make them otherworldly creatures of nightmare.

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2018, 12:41

Conversions- awesome, I really like them

Super mandrakes - I’d stick to those hooded wyches, they rock.

If you are set on the heavy mandrakes, I think siticus is right, some ghosts and OSL will make it clear what they are supposed to be

Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2018, 05:33

Well small update for now. I've done a little painting (you'll be able to see what I've started on in the back of pic 3) it's not much unfortunately but it's a start.

So what you see here are the wyches of my kill team. In the Nightsworn not only are there kabalites trained in ranged warfare, but there are some who are trained in melee, as they have many foes who fight in close quarters and relying solely on wyches would be disadvantageous if there was ever a betrayal.  

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 110
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 210
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 310

Apologies for the poor quality of the third picture that one guy just couldn't get a focus on him.

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2018, 17:56

Can't believe I forgot that I didn't share my Visarchon conversion with everyone. Hope you guys like it Smile Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 111

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2018, 21:29

Well I'm finally working on my Wracks. Here is the proof of concept for my first one.
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 0110
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 0210

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2019, 05:48

Minor update. I'm slowly dragging myself out of my hiatus from modeling I've put myself in with a conversion and a painted model. The latter is not done yet but posting this helps motivate me xD
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 112
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 211

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2019, 01:52

So I don't have any new models I've kept playing with painting so that is the update you'll see.  I'm really liking how I paint ice. Like a lot. As for the dark metal I have two main ways I've been painting it and this is the newer way I'm testing. I should've done the former method on the raider but I've never washed a vehicle before so I didn't know the consequences. Overally after I did a hasty fix it's good enough for the base (note I haven't touched the sail area or added a new sail (old one fell off as this was a used model)

For the infantry I'm actually disappointing how the paint job turned out. I like the idea as what I really want is (Metallic) Black Armor with golden trim with purple cloth. Problem is I have no earthly clue how to paint in general (i'm picking things up) but atm have no idea how to edge highlight effectively and well it made me do a poor paintjob on probably my favorite mandrake :/ If you guys have any tips or tricks on painting & highlighting I'd GREATLY appreciate them. Otherwise lemme know what you think I'd really appreciate some comments & criticisms on this one.
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 113
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 212
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 311
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 410
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 510

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2019, 09:08

Seems very cool, getting a Witcher "Wild Hunt" vibe off them and the ice looks awesome. I wonder if you could pull off an ice cloud base with some whispy cotton shredded up like the ice clouds that preceed them.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 05:07

I've never actually played Wild Hunt (or any of the witcher games for that matter, even though the first two are sitting in my steam library). But I'm certainly glad you like the ice Very Happy  As for an Ice Cloud that is an interesting idea. Do you have any pictures to reference what you are thinking about (I assume from the Witcher)

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 06:17

Holy crap.

A, these look good. Like, astoundingly good.

B, I for real thought these were based off of the Witcher: Wild Hunt when I saw them too. You should check out some of the game art/images for it.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2019, 06:04

Alright guys so some good news! (Yay) I have a few big projects under way.
1.) Trying to find out how to turn a Zombie Dragon into a Tantalus,
2.) A daughters of Khaine battleforce I need to convert into a Wych Cult,
3.) A bunch of Haemonculus coven stuff coming including Khainite Talos Pain Engines, more Wracks, and a new and improved batch of Grotesques based off of my previous ones but IMO better (I'm currently waiting on my bits to arrive for this)
4.) A new Harlequin army themed off of the Mandrake Conversions (which will eventually be replaced as I do concede they don't fit the Mandrake aesthetic...(I'm looking at alternatives which include kitbashing the Chainrasp horde with Eldar bits)

So I only have results for 2 & 3 (although I honestly plan on focusing on 3 & 4 in the near future) I hope you guys enjoy!

Now the Harlequin army is actually themed as my Archon's special forces so imagine an army of these guys and you have the general idea of my (very expensive) plan.

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Dreadg12
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Dreadg11
Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Sslyth10

Jimsolo wrote:
Holy crap.

A, these look good. Like, astoundingly good.

B, I for real thought these were based off of the Witcher: Wild Hunt when I saw them too. You should check out some of the game art/images for it.
Thanks @JimSolo ! I'm glad that you like my conversions and I hope you enjoy the newer stuff that'll be coming out soon Very Happy

Looking at the art I can see some similar things (granted I've only had a cursory look so far so I'll probably see more later.)

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2019, 02:27

Well I haven't gotten any replies since than RIP... So here's a new Talos Khaine Engine Wink

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Talos_10

I have to thank @Silverglade for making this conversion possible as he actually mailed me a Talos tail so I'm really grateful for that. This conversion is to you man Razz

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2019, 19:39

Epic!

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2019, 14:23

Man that looks sweet.

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 00:06

Rhivan wrote:
Well I haven't gotten any replies since than RIP... So here's a new Talos Khaine Engine Wink

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Talos_10

I have to thank @Silverglade for making this conversion possible as he actually mailed me a Talos tail so I'm really grateful for that. This conversion is to you man Razz

You're quite welcome! Glad to see it come to life.

And I have to say, what ever I THOUGHT you were going to do with that tail, this is much better. Really stunning conversion!

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 00:13

So since I've shown you guys 1 WIP already here is WIP #2 I'm going to start posting more pictures as that keeps me motivated better as well as let you guys see how things are going. The current picture has Druchii Violet drying on the wings.

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 Talos_11

Oh and the bits came in for a 2nd Khaine Engine so I should work on that... someday. I also bought 60 kabalite legs so that's neat.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log   Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Nightsworn Project Log
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next