THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Devilish Distractions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

Devilish Distractions Empty
PostSubject: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2016, 12:46

Hi all!

Been quiet on my hobby front for long. Been distracted by many things. So it's time to keep track on my "few" distractions. Following thread will have mostly different skirmish size games as I only have time for one army.

So this is what I have currently on my desk

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0210

It's Blood Bowl season!

Currently under costruction are:

- Humans
- Orcs
- Chaos
- Dark Elves
- Norse
- Vampires

The Orcs and Humans are straight from the box, but the rest are converted from other miniatures

The Chaos Warriors or Chosen as they are called after the re-launch

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0211

Dark Elves: 3 blitzers and a witch elf

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0213

The Norse that I started making years ago and never finished... Maybe this time...

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0212

The Vampires that I bought when they still where in stock at GW

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0214

Here's a size comparison with old models, some of my converted figures and the new Orcs and Humans

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0215

Finally getting a game in with these this weekend. My friend chose Orcs from my list of teams and think I'll get my Dark Elves ready to meet them. Need to do 7 linemen. More wych models, but these will have warrior helmets to reflect the higher armour and that they are just faceless linemen.

Last edited by Devilish on Mon Dec 05 2016, 12:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2016, 12:56

Lol, I read the title "DevilFISH Distractions". Kept reading, waiting to see the Tau transport Razz
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2016, 18:22

No tau transports here...

But, Tau may make appearance when I'm making my Ordo Xenos warband for Inquisimunda.

Today I had my first Blood Bowl game. It was a blast close to the vey end. Played the models from the box. My friend liked it so much he bought the Orcs from me. Tomorrow time for pics as I complete my Dark Elf team, should have all the options except Assassin and one Witch Elf
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2016, 12:11

The team is mostly complete. I don't have any Assassins yet, but I'll add them later on and they aren't that crucial will most likely be hired late in the season. I still need another Witch Elf, I'm thinking of making Lilith my 2nd witch elf if I don't get my hands on a suitable model elsewhere.

So here they are before I start painting them:

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0216
The linemen(elves)(7). Theyve got one shoulder pad and helmets to tell them apart from the rest of the team and to reflect their higher armour value.

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0217
Here's my favourite Lineman, obviously crowd favourite... or atleast he thinks that way

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0218
The runners. No shoulder pads and bare head to reflect their lower armour value.

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0219
My Blitzers, the stars of the team. All armed with hydragauntlets and other sharp bashing tools to give a more agressive look. No helmets as they want to stand out from the masses(linemen). They've got double shoulderpads and the sturdier armour from the warrior kit to give them the more armoured look.

Devilish Distractions Dsc_0220
The Witch elf... Many will recognize the model. I'm not sure if I should remove her mask or let it be. Have any of you tried to file/cut away the mask? Is it worth it? Her clothing clearly tells she isn't wearing any notable armour.

My starting team for our New Years Bash tournament will be:

1 Witch Elf
3 Blitzers
7 Linemen
2 re-rolls

Will start most likely with a guy short from a few teams, but hopefully will wrestle a few wins for either an apothecary or Blitzer.

Now off to paint them
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2016, 12:24

Removing portions of the pewter models is very difficult, and generally leaves gashes in the material (at least when I do it). I would recomend leaving as is.
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2016, 16:56

Nice Devil, that's a lot of teams!

I use the same trick with the shoulder pads, but +1 where 2 shoulder pads on my minis means AV8 and 1 shoulder pad is AV7 lol.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2016, 18:44

Much awesome here!
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06 2016, 19:58

Thanks, most teams are under construction. I'm short of a team as my friend left after the intro game with my orcs. Will see them soon painted against my Dark Elves.

Bought another set of orcs and humans to complete the teams. Should have a complete human team with all the options and some more.

The question remains how I should model the Assassins? A hooded figure with a dagger? or wych body and legs with the enclosed helmet and daggers?

I'm thinking of redoing my Norse to suit the new scale. The Blood reavers look good as norse, save for the armoured legs. Then again, does it matter that the norse are shorter than the new teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Distractions   Devilish Distractions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devilish Distractions
Page 1 of 1