THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Distracted from my distractions...

Go down 
+5
Levitas
Gobsmakked
Dez
vect
SirTainly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Distracted from my distractions... Empty
PostSubject: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 18:10

Arrgh..got asked about my Big Momma tank (Puppetswar), so took it out of the box to photograph and then ended up starting painting it...<bangHead>..and what's worse, afterwards I made a datasheet for it, in case I don't want to use it as a Vindicator.

Distracted from my distractions... IMG_1545

Distracted from my distractions... IMG_1546

Distracted from my distractions... IMG_1547

Distracted from my distractions... IMG_1548

Here's the datahseet, but the weapon is not the one I'm going with, and the points are way off - I need to redo this, and not at 3am when I'm not thinking at all clearly! Also the image is of the WIP, and I need to redo that with the completed model.

Distracted from my distractions... ChaosOnager

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 20:11

puppets war stuff is awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 20:54

Yup, love that model.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 21:19

Now THAT's a cannon! I'm not looking foward to facing that at Trumpeters'.

This is a great model, have never seen it before. You've done a real nice paint job on it too.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 21:41

Thanks, new rules will probably make it a Ordinance 1, 7" blast, str 10 Ap1, ignores cover and will cost over 200 points I think. I'm getting feedback on the rules from the guys at the Apoc40k forum, so we'll work out something fair.

Still need to get some masking tape and do the yellow stripes on the blade, and then either do the same on the doors, or get the FW Iron Warrior ones. I also need to find a cupola with bolters.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 09:35

Done...

Distracted from my distractions... IMG_1553

and the updated datasheet for discussion...

Distracted from my distractions... ChaosOnager2
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 17:08

Looks good.

[Fixed spelling by L_O. And "gawd", three errors in one two-word sentence...]
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 07:04

new version of datasheet

Distracted from my distractions... ChaosOnager3
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 14:22

vect wrote:
Looks good.

[Fixed spelling by L_O. And "gawd", three errors in one two-word sentence...]

very pedantic lol why is every1 so against phonetics lol

as for he topic its far to cheap 200 points for a 36" range str10 7" blast THAT IGNORES COVER

1 ur in range fisrt turn
2 its wounding everything on 2's and pens most vehicles with 2d6 easily even armour 13 is 50%
3 ignores covers u pop a vwehicle u can wipe out a small unit potentially
4 and ur using a 7" blast
5. since its essentially a vindicator u shud put in the pts for the vindicator and have it as an upgrade ie pay the points for the vindicator then the bonus points to make it wat ever after that it shud be at least 350 base
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 19:50

hmm thanks for the feedback but I'm thinking that at 350 we're knocking on the doors of things with 2 structure points or more, with more than one gun and AV14. Don't forget this is an Apoc DS, so it's not as scary as it might appear when compared with Titans and Baneblades etc.

1. Still needs LOS to shoot though
2. Same stats are used elsewhere in Apoc, so it's not that unique, but it is good at killing armoured things..which is what it's meant to be.
3. True but then flamers can do the same
4. Yes, to represent the fact the gun is bigger than the Vindicator one
5. Err.. I have essentially made a Vindicator, added a new gun and increased the price so I'm not sure what you are mean here? If you mean, just added the gun to the codex rules, that wouldn't be an easy way to explain what this did at an Apoc event, whereas a datasheet is easy to present.

Oh and why we don't like phonetics, other than that they are lazy and incorrect, they aren't so easy for non native speakers, which given the international nature of the net, we should try to respect.

(^^ Gobsmakked.)
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 04:22

Very nice! Awesome paint job. Love the weathering!
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 18:11

1 but its ordanace so u dont u can fire indirect lol hahaha didnt u know that??
2 thats my point!!!!
3 no flamers wont kill an entire unit as their either 4s or 3's and their AP 4 or 5 not str10 AP1
4 exactly my point agen
5 since ur making a data sheet u should really know the basics of how apoc works with regards to units they usually require you to purchase a base model then the data sheet price for the bonuses so im sayin any1 using the above data sheet buys a vindicator in points then adds the bonus to get the bonuses from the data sheet

this is why it shud be more expensive bane blades and the such are 500+ so making its 350 + 120 for vindicator with dozer blade is alot better
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 18:56

Ordnance just give You 2d6 (pick highest) pen. Barrage give indirect fire.

I have hard time understanding rest of Your post Vect so I only answered first argument. I hate netspeak.
Not because it make person look deliberatively silly (tho it certainly don't help. We don't mind, at all.), but it's just unreadable wall of random symbols that is insult to reader.

Sorry. Even typing from cellphone don't justify that.

As for data sheet, I think Daemonic Possession would make it... bad. I mean good, but in wrong way. It should cost hefty amount of points, like 40 points. Actually if You mentioned Machine Spirit, give it one instead, for 50 points.

Maybe Ordnance Barrage (+10 points) would be nice addition too. Don't know, maybe with spotters (other unit must see it to use) to limit it a little?

250 points?

Otherwise it's perfect, both model and rules.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 19:28

@Vect

1. Wrong, "barrage" weapons fire indirectly, ordnance simply means no other weapons can be fired, not even defensive weapons. (p58 in the AOBR rulebook)

5. Clearly it's you who needs to know more about Apoc...you are talking about formations, which this is not, it's a datasheet.

There are superheavies for less than 500, the datasheet I was looking at with a similar gun was only 450 (Stormlord I think it was) and that has structure points, more armour, sponson guns and other beneficial special rules.

Have you ever played Apocalypse, I'm guessing not?

@Levitas Thanks

@Local Ork Thanks, Artur at Puppetswar wanted me to go down to 175, but the thing is this is a bit of a glass cannon in Apoc - plenty of stuff kills AV 13 easily. I really need to test it out compared to some of the IA tanks I reckon. It gets Daemonic Possession at the same cost as the Vindicator, Machine Spirit might be on the Loyalist version if that's what SM Vindicators can take.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 19:33

Only BT ones can take PoTMS, for 30-something points.

They are awesome. Not like BA ones but still scary.

Possession is really cool and don't have downsides in this case (+1 inch isn't downside when You "nuke" stuff). It should cost more.
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 22:47

iv got the books but the apoc games are boring theirs no skill with no restrictions on FOC and 3k+

oh yea nvm lol

still 200pts for that lol another reason why apoc sucks lol
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 00:15

Sir Tanley-You are my hero! Great model. I don't know what Puppetswar is, but if it has models like this I'm all over it!
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 00:31

Wow never been a hero before! Smile

http://www.puppetswar.eu/

Take a look..and on Facebook too where they announce all their new items!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 00:51

SirTainly wrote:
Wow never been a hero before! Smile

http://www.puppetswar.eu/

Take a look..and on Facebook too where they announce all their new items!

I looked it up. Nice stuff! I really like the replacement heads for Guardsmen and Khorne/Nurgle Marines. Might have to order some when I get around to starting up my Chaos army again.
Oh, and sorry about misspelling your name Embarassed At least I used complete sentences and somewhat decent spelling... Razz
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 10:06

Looks uber! Fits the Iron Warrios quite nicely. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 18:27

I like that. Its a cool conversion kit. I may have to get one for myself and my Silver Skulls marines.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distracted from my distractions...   Distracted from my distractions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Distracted from my distractions...
Page 1 of 1