THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow

Go down 
+2
TeenageAngst
stevethedestroyeofworlds
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2016, 23:10

So, I'm starting a Daemons army and it looks like the Slaaneshi powers could work well with a Freakshow list.
Has anyone tried this out before, or have any thoughts on it?

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 01:49

Dunno about powers, but Slaaneshi daemons are my favorite of the daemons for their mobility. That alone would work well with DE even if they are come the apocalypse.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 02:06

TeenageAngst wrote:
Dunno about powers, but Slaaneshi daemons are my favorite of the daemons for their mobility. That alone would work well with DE even if they are come the apocalypse.
Strangely enough, they're only Desperate Allies

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 03:59

Oh, definitely. They're on the table for my own Freakshows! Once my TGG2 minis come in, I'll have some Slaanesh demons to add to the mix.

You have to keep a close eye on your One Eye Open bubbles, but it can definitely be an awesome combo.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 12:21

Gah! The great enemy! Sacrilege!

But ya, they should combo nicely. Wouldent harlies combo better though?
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 17:35

There's actually considerable fluff where dark eldar cults to slaanesh appear, including an entire black library book revolving around one.  I can't remember the name but I doubt you'd want to read it anyway as the dark eldar of course end up being painfully easy to defeat.

That said, I end up going through the same sad process when trying to ally deamons to dark eldar as I do with when allying the dark kin to most anything:

I start looking at other units to mix in and overcome the shared weaknesses of dark eldar and slaaneshi units, and find the daemon units fill these gaps much better.  By the time I plug these holes, I realize that I'm close to an incursion anyway, so I include more daemons to take advantage of the pretty solid formation bonuses... After I finish comparing Soul grinders vs Ravagers or taloi and reavers vs seekers or flesh hounds, there just aren't many (if any) dark eldar units left.

And this is why I stopped checking this board - for months I had only been fielding a grotesquerie anyway.  After adding quite a few units to my collection that fill the same role or better (18 chaos spawn, 9 plague drones, 6 beasts of nurgle) I literally don't field any dark kin anymore.

I don't even really play my corsairs at this point either, but that's mainly because they're brutal and no one wants to line up against them.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 18:12

fisheyes wrote:
Gah! The great enemy! Sacrilege!

But ya, they should combo nicely. Wouldent harlies combo better though?
Daemons let you bring some cheaper troops and much less tax/restrictions when taking them, plus more reliable in getting their freakshow powers

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 19:20

stilgar27 wrote:

I start looking at other units to mix in and overcome the shared weaknesses of dark eldar and slaaneshi units, and find the X units fill these gaps much better.

Yup, I'm very familiar with this phenomenon. I rarely field many DE units any more. There are a few that are unique enough to be worthy of mention(reavers, khymera, grotesquerie), but are often not worth fielding what you need to purchase to unlock them, at the loss of another Eldar/Daemon/Whatever detachment due to the current meta limiting number of detachments in tournaments.

I really hope to see tournaments get rid of the detachment limits in the near future.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2017, 04:23

I played a game with a freakshow list against some Space Wolves.
My army was about this
Succubus. glaive/AoM
2X warriors in venoms
2X heatlance scourges

Grotesquerie in raiders, abby's with scissorhands

Keeper of Secrets w/2 greater 1 lesser reward ML3
2X10 daemonettes

I ended up winning pretty handily due to some truly horrible rolls on his part, but the list did well in basically all regards.

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow   Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaaneshi Daemons in Freakshow
Page 1 of 1