THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New player looking for list building and load out tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thor0298
Slave
thor0298

New player looking for list building and load out tips Empty
PostSubject: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 06:10

Currently I have two start collecting, two venoms, a unit of wracks, a talos, two grotesque, salyth and medusae.

I doing both venoms with 2x splinter cannons. I was thinking of doing the wrecks with the ossefactor.

I know this army is a bit harder to play and I'm relatively new. It seems to try to keep most costs down and min unit size. Any other tips with the units I currently have?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 12:42

Well, you will need at least 3 Grotesques to make a squad. Using the Talos box, you can kit-bash something togeather (the talos box is AMAZING for helping with conversions later).

You will most likely be running something along the lines of:

Archon (keep as cheap as possible, riding with your Grotesques)

Grotesques in a Raider (you will need a 3ed model, just proxy with the Sslyth for now)

Wracks in a raider (not the most competitive unit, but you do you bud)

2x (5) warriors in venoms (dual SC) (this will be your main ranged threats. You will want more before long!)

2x (3) reavers with Cluster Caltrops (just keep in mind that these are 60ish points. They will need to work togeather to take out units that cost more than them)

Talos without upgrades (just to sit in your back-field and counter charge SM drop pods or other enemy units that want into your back-field)

Should be about 750-1000 pts here. Your next purchases should be more Venoms to use more of your warriors

Back to top Go down
thor0298
Slave
thor0298

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 23:50

I ordered some more venoms and a third grotesque. Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm going to be assembling and painting today and tomorrow and getting my first game in next week.

For the warriors I was thinking just running them with splinter rifles.
Back to top Go down
thor0298
Slave
thor0298

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 06:34

This week when the grotesques come in and two more venoms I think i will start with this for 1k. Thanks for the help getting started it's much appreciated. I learned how to play 40k with a friends eldar army I borrowed. I like the look of eldar but wanted an army that isn't seen all the time so dark eldar seemed like a great option.

+++ Dark eldar (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2015) (1001pts) +++

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) v2003) (1001pts) ++

+ HQ (60pts) +

········Archon (60pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol]

+ Elites (275pts) +

········Grotesques (160pts)
············Grotesque (35pts) [Close combat weapon, Flesh Gauntlet, Gnarlskin]
············Raider (55pts) [Disintegrator cannon]

········Wracks (115pts)
············Venom (65pts) [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon (10pts)]
············5x Wracks (50pts) [5x 2 Wrack tools, 5x Gnarlskin]

+ Troops (420pts) +

········Kabalite Warriors (105pts) [Kabalite Armour]
············5x Kabalite Warrior (40pts) [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]
············Venom (65pts) [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon (10pts)]

············5x Kabalite Warrior (40pts) [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]

+ Fast Attack (126pts) +

········Reavers (63pts) [Cluster caltrops (15pts), Wychsuit]
············3x Reaver (48pts) [3x Bladevanes, 3x Close combat weapon, 3x Splinter pistol]
················3x Reaver jetbike [3x Splinter Rifle]

········Reavers (63pts) [Cluster caltrops (15pts), Wychsuit]
············3x Reaver (48pts) [3x Bladevanes, 3x Close combat weapon, 3x Splinter pistol]
················3x Reaver jetbike [3x Splinter Rifle]

+ Heavy Support (120pts) +

········Talos (120pts)
············Talos (120pts) [Armoured Carapace, Close Combat Weapon, Close combat weapon, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 10:34

Hi there,

You seem to be buying the individual GW Grotesque models? If so, please stop! They are so super expensive & can be converted quite easily from WH Crypt Horrors & spare Talos/Chronos bits!

Your list is your collection so not much to tweak however I would recommend a Agonisor on your Archon if your going to run a HQ rather than either your Sslyth or Medusae as a Court.

Also I would make 1 Grot an Abber for the Rampage & minimum give him a SH, another Agoniser if you can afford it.

Final thought, you may struggle @ 1k as you don't have any real AT & you'll definately start to see more vehicles at this level. I would maybe scale back to 750?

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
thor0298
Slave
thor0298

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 19:21

I'm going to my GW to play a. It today. Might order some more models. Any recommendations. To bring to 1k. Just looked for tank/vehicle hunters?
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 21:17

Hey,

If your going to stick pure DE, then our only real AT options are Scourges or Ravagers.

The only real benefit to Ravagers being that they are a Heavy slot not FA.

Also, please while supporting your LFGS, please order online from the 20-25% discount stores, you'll save a fortune in the long run!

In UK£ a Wraithknight is £70in GW, online is like £50 + postage - it's a no-brainer.

In my town a local independant store is opposite the GW & sells @ 10% discount, even for stuff you order from the GW website!
Back to top Go down
thor0298
Slave
thor0298

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2016, 06:53

I picked up some scourges today. Great models. I'm thinking either the heat lance or haywire blaster. I am leaning towards two heat lances. Or is it worth doing the max amount of them?

I have to say, I am really liking these models. I bought one unit of wracks because I really like those. The venoms are really cool too. Very sleek looking. Can't wait to finish assembling so I can start painting. Thanks for all the help so far.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2016, 05:52

Haywire Blasters are generally a safer bet, unless you want to try some Deep Striking with a Webway porthole in which case Heat Lances will annihilate whatever you want. Max out in any case.

Honestly, I would give your Kabalites Blasters. You can make a second one each box with the Blast Pistol and Shredder. Gets you more anti-tank options and also a helpful bit of oomph for MEQ/TEQs.

You'll want two or three Ravagers with Dark Lances. Possibly with Night Shields.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for list building and load out tips   New player looking for list building and load out tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New player looking for list building and load out tips
Page 1 of 1