THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts Empty
PostSubject: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 15:40

Hi guys! I am a new DE player looking for his first tournament. It will be tournament in pairs 2x 800pts - must be CAD. With my models I was thinkig of something like that:

HQ
Lhamean in dual splinter cannon Venom 75

ELITE
3 Mandrakes 36

TROOPS
5 Kabalites in dual splinter cannon Venom 105
5 Kabalites in Rider with Night Shields 110

FAST
4 Reavers with CC 79
5 Scourges with 4 Haywire basters 120
Ravenwing Jetfighter with Lances and Monoscythe missiles 150

HEAVY
Ravager with Nighshieldes 125

My pair will be SM Imperial Fists. I would face mostly SM and Guard.

What do you think about it? I will be able to borrow some models if needed, but would like to stick to what I have. Models that have been left are Archont, Hoemonculus, 2x Medasae, 2 Reavers, 2 Mandrakes, Talos/Cronos.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 17:12

Will you need a warlord? Reavers best work in multiples of 3 (to maximize those CC)
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 18:29

I would not bring the razorwing jetfighter. It is expensive for a low point game and its not good vs ground targets, specially with 2 lances.

I wouldnt bring 5 kabalite warriors in a raider either. They wont be useful in any scenario.

2 units of 3 reavers with CC would be useful.

Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 19:35

There is one warlord for one couple. I thought SM one would be better.

I was thinking of the jetfighter because there is possibility fighting against other flyers. I assume Venoms over Riders right?

Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 23:02

Hi there,

Do you know your partner & if so, can u get them to focus AT?

I may have stretched your collection too far, but if you could AI MSU:

Lhamean, Cannon Venom
2 x 5 Warriors, incl. Syb, HWG, Cannon Venoms
2 x 5 Warriors, Cannon Venoms
2 x 3 Reavers, CC
5 x Scourges, 4 HWB

5 Venoms, 6 Reavers, HWB Scourges & cheap trick Court is pretty much all our best tricks at this points level. Except maybe a naked Archon to WWP something Space Marine (If your local allows such things)

Last edited by Rewind on Tue Jan 03 2017, 22:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 07:40

Thanks Rewind! It might be possible to go this way.

What do you think about Archont wwp + 2xMedusae in dual splinter Venom? Is it worth the points?

Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 08:30

Fremen wrote:
Thanks Rewind! It might be possible to go this way.

What do you think about Archont wwp + 2xMedusae in dual splinter Venom? Is it worth the points?

absolutely not worth it. In my lists medusae substitute llhamaeans if I have 30 points to spare. If you really need the flamer, you can DS with the venom and disembark 6" if you scattered with no need for a wwp archon. Its cheaper and it threats 2 targets instead of one.

Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2017, 10:09

ok, thansk for your sugestions Smile After all we decided with my partner thaw we will need some some razorwing for reserves rolls for his drop pods. He is going for tanks and heavy infantry so I will go for infantry and catching objectives. I thought this over and I will go with this set up:

Medusae in Venom w/Cannon
2x 3Mandrakes
3x 5Kabalites in Venom w/Cannon
Razorwing w/Lances
3 Reavers with CC
Scourges with 4 HWB

Will let you know how it went Smile Once again thanks for your advices!

PostSubject: Re: Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts   Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pair tournament for begginers - 800pts
Page 1 of 1