THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Current Incubi material

Go down 
+3
Cherrycoke
Squidmaster
aurynn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Current Incubi material Empty
PostSubject: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2017, 15:35

Anyone has experience with current incubi models? Are they still finecast? Or is the resin and models quality better now?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2017, 15:37

They're still Finecast.

GW never advanced the Finecast project or changed the quality of resin. They just jumped right away from it and moved into plastic, but there ares till many models like the Incubi still available only in Finecast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2017, 17:32

Thanks. Cant wait for plastic ones...
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2017, 18:30

You can pick up the metal variants on ebay once in a while, you need to be patient though. Sad
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2017, 18:40

I have 11 metal ones. But want more for a fun army list I want to try. :-)
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 10:04

If you're interested (and located somewhere I can post to with ease) I'm planning to sell my old metal ones. One or two got a tiny bit ocnverted, but I have a good handful of them to unload. I never use them anymore (because I converted replacements).

(EDIT: I have 12, plus a metal Drazhar)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
alexthearchon
Slave
alexthearchon

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 01:19

I wish i had known they were finecast before i ordered mine. I hope they are not miscast like my grotesque were
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 03:06

I've had decent luck with what little Finecast models that I have purchased in the last year or so, but I wouldn't hold your breath!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 09:50

Looking at the Incubi sprues I do wonder what's stopping them from just casting them in plastic using the same molds...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 11:02

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Looking at the Incubi sprues I do wonder what's stopping them from just casting them in plastic using the same molds...

That would be the fact that plastic models use steel molds whereas metal and resin use rubber molds.

Possibly the most annoying thing about Failcast for me was that GW did it so they could move away from metal due to the hideous cost of metal. So they moved to resin, which is ridiculously cheap. They used the exact same molds, a far, far cheaper raw material AND PUT THE BLOODY PRICES UP!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 11:40

Ah I thought it would be some form of manufacturing issue. I know from car manufacture that the vast majority of manufacturing costs are actually in the tooling costs, rather than materials.

Putting the prices up with a cheaper material is just criminal. Makes me even more firm in my insistance that I will never buy another finecast model (bought 1 Spiritseer, never again).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Incubi material   Current Incubi material I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current Incubi material
Page 1 of 1