THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My current paint scheme

Go down 
+2
Todo13
Skuzznob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skuzznob
Slave
Skuzznob

My current paint scheme  Empty
PostSubject: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 00:08

Hi all,

This is what I'm thinking for my army. Here's the first few warriors I've got done.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Please excuse the average photos not really my strong point =P

My current paint scheme  DSCF0889

Thanks for looking.

Skuzz
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 01:23

I like them, but for some reason the rifles look a little lasgunish like that.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 01:41

Did you come from DakkaDakka?
Back to top Go down
Skuzznob
Slave
Skuzznob

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 13:00

Nope never been on daka dakka much.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 16:40

I asked because your paintscheme and painting style looked like another user (from Dakka).

Awesome work. I'll tell you the same thing then. I don't like a lot of red on Dark Eldar armor. I just don't find it that thrilling aesthetically. You've done a great job. I can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 20:45

I think they look great! And don't listen to Xelkireth, all of my old Kabal's vehicles were painted with a Red color and they looked great! Keep up the good work!

Also, how did you paint the loin-cloth/skins, I like the tone they have?

Xelkireth: Sorry, I found myself making a lot of "I agree with Xelkireth" posts today and had to disagree with you on something!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 20:47

Archon wrote:
Xelkireth: Sorry, I found myself making a lot of "I agree with Xelkireth" posts today and had to disagree with you on something!
OMG... I almost sprayed Mountain Dew via nostral projection all over my laptop when I read that part. No worries, amigo. I just don't like red. It's a personal quirk.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 20:55

I like this a lot (in WHFB, I play Khorne Warriors so I am quite fond of red paintjobs), but the guns gut get a bit of a fix. Otherwise great.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 20:58

Saintspirit wrote:
I like this a lot (in WHFB, I play Khorne Warriors so I am quite fond of red paintjobs), but the guns gut get a bit of a fix. Otherwise great.
Boo! Hiss! Slaanesh for me please.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 21:45

Xelkireth wrote:
Mountain Dew

Curse you! I want some MD, too. It's way too hard to get over here Sad.

Anyway: Red is a traditional 'evil' colour. I like it on DE (I love the colour scheme for the Obsidian Rose). I prefer cold colours myself, but I can't fault the painting here. Looks good IMHO. However, I would change the green grass for some dead grass.

Keep painting!

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 09:46

Xelkireth wrote:
Saintspirit wrote:
Boo! Hiss! Slaanesh for me please.
Yeah, I understood that from your avatar... Rolling Eyes

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Skuzznob
Slave
Skuzznob

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 10:37

Cheers for the feedback guys.

Originally I was going to try and do a lot darker scheme ending in red highlights but I couldn't get it a way I like so I gave up and went for straight red.

The bases is a bit of a change for me. Normally I end up doing snow bases for everything, just because it doesn't match anything in my clubs terrain selection Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My current paint scheme    My current paint scheme  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My current paint scheme
Page 1 of 1