THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase

Go down 
+5
Calindor
Cherrycoke
Geckilian
Count Adhemar
KoRnyKenny
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KoRnyKenny
Slave
KoRnyKenny

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Empty
PostSubject: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2017, 14:24

Hey guys.

I got GoC the other day and can't wait to start getting some games underway with my buddies.

Wondered if people might want to show off some of their gangs? Might help to inspire me in how I paint mine and write up my lists, heh.

Show us your depraved gladiators!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2017, 14:40

Moved to Project Logs - Count Adhemar

Geckilian
Slave
Geckilian

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 03:07

Registered here just to take part in this!

Ordered the box game last Sunday but as store pickups are weekly and it didn't arrive, gotta wait till next Wednesday to get the game... Still, as I actually got these reavers a long, long time ago when they came out to make a corsair force, I've been able to make a start.

Got 4 done so far, thought the Arena Champion with Harlequin's Kiss (Agoniser) will be getting a bigger jetbike based on a Starweaver.

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase C18LWJp
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase LX7Lclt
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 08:20

@Geckilian , I really love the masks, they look really ghostly and pop so well, great job, would you mind telling us how you achieved them?
Back to top Go down
Calindor
Hellion
Calindor

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 09:21

I have bought hte game but have not have time to ether paint or game.

A question: anyone know about a good gaming mat for this game?
Back to top Go down
KoRnyKenny
Slave
KoRnyKenny

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 10:27

@Geckilian - Those look great! Really spooky and unnerving.

I'm going for a more conventional Dark Eldar approach but I am basing the models on guys in the Customer Support team at work fighting a rival gang of some of my old friends. First time painting things that are not plucked from my own mind and it's proving fun to try and achieve something on the terms of others!

Will be sure to post pictures when they are done.
Back to top Go down
KoRnyKenny
Slave
KoRnyKenny

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 11:42

Calindor wrote:
A question: anyone know about a good gaming mat for this game?

A good question. My one issue with GoC is that it doesn't come with a lovely board like Gorechosen did. If anyone can find a good answer to this I'd be more than intrigued.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 17:53

Very cool kitbashes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Geckilian
Slave
Geckilian

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2017, 22:36

Cheers guys.

The masks were Moot Green, Waywatcher Green glaze, then Moot Green with more and more white up to edge highlights of pure white.

The last two jetbikes are built, so I'm hoping to get those painted in the next half week or so. I have till Wednesday at any rate.
Back to top Go down
KoRnyKenny
Slave
KoRnyKenny

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2017, 10:24

My WIP Hellion at this point. I'm having really bad luck with my pallid wych flesh recently so might settle for highlighting with Rakarth Flesh for a "note-quite-so-pale" look.

Looking forward to getting more done!

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase 20170210

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase 20170211

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase 20170212

Note - Weird, dunno why they are rotated like that!

Last edited by KoRnyKenny on Fri Feb 03 2017, 10:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Skewed images)
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 04:02

That's a lovely grey-green ya have there. I also dig the damage on the sky board.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 21:11

Here are my bikes. I have 12 more, but this are the ones that came in the gangs box, just finished painting them.
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2031
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2028
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2027
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2025
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2029
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2026
Gangs of Commorragh Showcase Img_2030

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 23:20

Love the little freehand runes Smile they're excellent!

I've got my 6 built up. Just got to paint them Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
KoRnyKenny
Slave
KoRnyKenny

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 10:41

@BizarreShowbiz

That's a wonderful scheme. What is that? Xereus Purple with Screamer Pink highlights? The runes and etchings make a wonderful touch.

I'm currently in the middle of a building/painting challenge but intend on getting some more of the Gang stuff done for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 18:23

KoRnyKenny wrote:
That's a wonderful scheme. What is that? Xereus Purple with Screamer Pink highlights? The runes and etchings make a wonderful touch.

You hit the nail on the head. Also white in the very edges to give it that neon vibe.

KoRnyKenny wrote:
I'm currently in the middle of a building/painting challenge but intend on getting some more of the Gang stuff done for the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing them!

KoRnyKenny
Slave
KoRnyKenny

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 11:54

Slow and steady progress. Decided the Reavers will be darker than the Hellions (Naggaroth Night as far as the eye can see). Need to up my highlight game though.

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase 16709410

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase 16710210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Commorragh Showcase   Gangs of Commorragh Showcase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gangs of Commorragh Showcase
Page 1 of 1