THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Sky Serpent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  Empty
PostSubject: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 12:26

Well, after returning from ToS this weekend I have realised something. I don't enjoy using the Hellions: I'm not getting enough out of them (this may be down to me not using them properly) and I feel their points maybe be better spent elsewhere; this also adds units that will reinforce the theme of the army.

OUT:
Baron, 12 Hellions with Helliarch and Agoniser
4 Wych Special weapons
Night shield from the Duke's Venom
One Shardcarbine Trueborn from the Duke's unit.

IN:
Haemonculus with choice of weapon
3 Trueborn with 3 Blasters in Venom
8 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Agoniser, Raider with FF
3 Wracks

Full List:

Duke
Haemonculus with choice of weapon

3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom with SC

3 Trueborn, 2 SCs, 1 Shardcarbine
Venom with SC

8 Wyches, Haywires, Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider, FF

Raider, FF

Raider, FF

5 Warriors, Blaster
Venom with SC

5 Warriors, Blaster
Venom with SC

Razorwing with SC and NS

Ravager, FF

Ravager, FF

And there we have it. With the new changes I add 4 more Darklight weapons, one more troops choice, 4 more Killpoints Sad

Comments and ideas appreciated, I am open to changes.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 16:27

Besides "I don't like Hellions anymore" did you have any other insights? You seem to be angling for more destructive capability towards vehicles and shying away from anti-infantry - is this a conscious decision?

Also, what's the purpose of the lone Haem? Is he just giving FNP to one of the Wych squads or what?

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 19:44

I shall indulge you then a bit more Thor Wink

Aside from some good displays against Orks early on using an early version of this list and killing one Deceiver they have been unremarkable. In most objective games they have claimed and held an objective but simply sat there defensively: I know they should be used offensively and place pressure, I admit that I am not using them to their potential.

And from my experience at the tournament, I had plenty of anti infantry and not enough anti tank.

Going back to the theme perspective, they have always felt shoe horned in (however the theme does allow me to do exactly that) and there are other options that I feel could work in a more competitive stance. When I say competitive I mean allow me to use the points in a way that I would like to and be more effective. Perhaps I am cutting short and giving up on the Hellions but there are other options that I would like to pursue.

A friend has suggested 3 Trueborn with Dark Lances, better or worse?

Haemonculus is there to give a unit of Wyches FNP, make the Wracks troops and allow some fun converting. I have been persuaded to drop the special weapon.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
cozork
Hellion
cozork

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 20:34

I personally would only ever take blasters with trueborn squads, for the sole reason that
their is already enough anti-infantry with the venoms and razorwing you'd be better off
having all your trueborn with blasters and if you still need more anti infantry then switch the
blasters in the warriors squads. Dark lances are a waste of trueborn because they can't
move and shoot, the fact that blasters are assault weapns is priceless if you ask me,
it makes that alpha strike much more effective, so you can hide one turn and still shoot the next.
but this is all complimentary to my playing style, you might be suited to a better setup all together.

Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  Decoration
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 20:37

the difference with 3 trueborn with 2 dark lances is they are a fixed point of AT, which hurts them comparitively to their blasterborn counterparts. Also the fact that they are very easy targets for outflankers. I have seen lists do well with them, but I think if you are looking for a more mobile army which it seems you are running) they will be better suited for you.

Look at it this way, without them you have 11 dark lances on 6 platforms (if you use the Razorwings) T1 that you are able to shoot with, and 5 more on 3 that get into range T2

switching to dark lance trueborn you have 13 on 7 platforms and only 2 more coming in. But they are static, so its easy for an enemy to either A: Stay out of range, or B: Make sure they have a coversave from them. Also 3 in cover it pretty easy to move, and if you go to ground, they have effectively silenced them for a turn.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 03:46

I actually think lance Trueborn are quite solid, and work perfectly well even if you do choose to leave them in their vehicle.

You don't have your Wracks listed in the Full list, so I'm not sure of their composition - I get the feeling they'll be in a Venom, and I'm not sure if you need that - 4 Venoms, a Razorwing, 3 Wych squads, a Haem, and the Duke's boys is a pretty serious and aggressive load of anti-infantry tools already.

The Haem is slightly tacked on, but if you want to play with converting I can't argue with that. Depending how many points are in the Wracks I'd be tempted to drop them for more Haems to boost all the Wych squads into FNP, they are really supposed to be workhorses for this list, so it wouldn't hurt to have them pulling their weight.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:19

Here is the new version of my list. It is not designed to be ultra competitive but more so than the previous incarnations of my army.

Duke Sliscus
Haemonculus with Shattershard

4 Trueborn, 2 Splinter cannons, 2 Shardcarbines
Venom, Splinter cannon
5 Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, Splinter cannon

5 Warriors, Blaster
Venom, Splinter cannon
3 Wracks
Venom, Splinter cannon
8 Wyches, Haywire grenades, Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider, Flickerfield
Raider, Flickerfield
Raider, Flickerfield

Razorwing, Flickerfield
Ravager, Flickerfield
Ravager, Flickerfield

That leaves me with 29 points to play with which is a blaster for the Trueborn, 2 Splinter cannons for the Trueborn, Night Shields for 2 vehicles, 2 more Wyches and of course lots more options. Let me know what you think of the changes.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:32

Looks good. i would remove the 5th Tb though. Save ya some points to play with.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 15:57

I would personally drop the wracks, their venom, and the 5th trueborn to add two haemies w/ liquifers for the other two wych squads, and a blaster for the 4th trueborn. Thatll bring you to 1749.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 16:44

Pretty much I agree with the above.

Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 16:59

Your 2nd list has slightly less lance/blasters in it than the one I took to ToS and I found at times that I was wishing for more AT. I'd look at dropping the FF's from everything bar the Razorwing and use the points to split the trueborn into 3 units with 9 blasters.
The 3rd unit I'd give the wracks venom.

I'd keep the wracks, I have been using 3 wracks as a sneaky cheap objective holder with a lot of success.

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble finding value in Hellions at the moment, I'm dropping mine as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750    Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ccchhhanges, Sky Serpents 1750
Page 1 of 1