THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Serpents 1750

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 22:46

This is my 'current' 1500 list with a few bells and whistles on top, namely the Trueborn and War Walkers, let me know what you think, and again about my current list if you haven't seen it before and/or have something to add. FW is allowed. Changes in green.

Previous list: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6729-sky-serpents-1500-1650-w-eldar

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 2 Splinter cannons, 56pts
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 65pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 75pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades, 60pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades, 60pts

Ravager, Night shields, 115pts

Ravager, Night shields, 115pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, Flickerfield, 155pts

Farseer, Jetbike, Mantle of the laughing god, 155pts

3 Eldar Jetbikes, 51pts

3 Eldar Jetbikes, 51 pts

Crimson Hunter, 160pts

2 War Walkers, Bright lance and Scatter laser, 140pts

1739pts total.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 23:03

Well that's a good feeling. As I understand it you're a pretty good player and this looks a lot like my list lol.

I will say that depending on what you're taking the walkers for (looks like vehicle hunting) I think the warp spiders do a better job. Even more mobile and a squad of 5 (only 95 points) can dump 10 str 7 shots into the side or even rear armor and that's enough to handle most vehicles. Volume of fire even makes for some pinch AA with Guide.

It's probably just a playstyle thing (must people like lances for some reason lol) just something to consider. )

If you do change to spiders you save enough to bounce that crimson hunter to an exarch which I find great as none of his weapons are twin linked and he's generally going to be a little out of the way for your farseer even with his bike. Also the AV nil (and possibly even bad reserve rolls) generally means it will shoot 1-3 times and it's nice if that doesn't miss.

Last thing; splinterborn in a venom have done great things for me (probably because my meta is embracing the whole giant MC thing, but I think you'll be pleased with the results anywhere)

I hope some of that was insightful. Cheers and luck to you.

Oh and may I ask if you have a conversion for the duke?

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 23:15

The Red King wrote:
Oh and may I ask if you have a conversion for the duke?

Sky Serpents 1750 IMG_1905

I really wouldn't call myself that great a player, I don't play regularly enough, especially at high levels. My placings at tournaments aren't massive either.

I've thought a lot about Warp Spiders but am unsure if they'd suit my playstyle.

The War Walkers are a bit of a wild card, originally they were a Warp Hunter who I feel is a bit nerfed now but are there to deal with armour and put out some nice shots; I also hope they'll draw a bit of fire too.

This is my first list with Splinterborn, I like the look of them. Makes me think about turning my other 5 Warriors into them as well.

For me this feels a lot more rounded out than my 1500.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 23:23

I used illic nightspear's head for my duke because I feel like the flowing hair suits him but he's kind of a slapdash conversion.

Careful with the splinterborn/warriors thing. As someone pointed out to me, suicide wych squads shouldn't really be considered troops when it comes to taking or even contesting objectives (except maybe in a tarpit) and it's my personal opinion that those bikes (msu with ld Cool aren't impossible to shift either so you don't want to put out a great fight but find yourself with no ways to win obj based games.

Hekatrix
The Red King

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 23:24

Ummm leadership 8 (on my phone can't edit sorry)

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 23:46

I think my points steps for different levels would be 5 Warp Spiders to take it to 1850 and then possibly another unit of some type in a Venom + bells and whistles to then hit 1999+1. 1650 is minus the Trueborn and night shields on the Ravagers.

I like the idea of having an army that breaks down and up into different game points levels.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29 2013, 00:03

Yeah I approve of that kind of construction. And I love venoms(I'm a convert).

I love the mantle and really recommend the spear. Its cheap and his bike normally allows him to chunk that str 9 shot into rear armor 10 and with the right powers he can make a good nuisance of himself beyond his typical support role.

Alternatively I'd drop the mantle and plug him with a condensed single squad of bikes. Harder to give that leadership test and harder to fail it. Arguably harder to hit the farseer too but it really depends what you want to use him

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29 2013, 00:08

As you say your list is similar may I ask to see yours?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sky Serpents 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Serpents 1750   Sky Serpents 1750 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Serpents 1750
Page 1 of 1