THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. Empty
PostSubject: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 22:05

I wanted to post the army list that I have been retweeking after my first game. Wanted to hear opinions on it. The list is based off of the army list I describe here.

https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1444-the-exiled-forces-of-ciirian-d-raque-comments-critique-welcome-edited-with-pics

Please let me know what is thought of with the list?

Archon Ciirian Draque and his Court
Archon - Agoniser, Blastpistol, haywirer gernades, Gohistplate, durgs, shadowfield
Court of the Archon - 1 Lhamaean, 2 Medusae, 1 Sslyth, 4 Urghuls
Raider - Flickerfield

Haemonculus Tendrillon and Arcahnia
Hamonculus x2 - Venomblade, Liquifier, Webway Portal

Wyches w/ Arachnia
9 Wyches, 1 Hek w/ Agoniser, Haywirers
Raider - Flickerfield, Aethersails

The Black Guard w/ Haemonculus Tendrillon
9 Wracks, 1 Liquifer
Raider - Flickerfield, Aethersails

Wracks (from WWP)
10 Wracks, 2 Liquifers

Trueborn Squad (working on name for them as hired mercs)
4 Trueborn, 4 Blasters
Venom - Splintercannon, Retrofier Jets

Scourges (From WWP or Fly)
5 Scourges, 2 Heatlances

Scourges (From WWP or Fly)
5 Scourges, 2 Haywirer Blasters

Talos (from WWP)
Talos w/ Chainflails, Extra CC Weapon, TL Haywirer Blaster

Chronos (from WWP)
Chronos w/ Spirit Syphon, Spirit Probe

Ravager w/ Flickerfields

I'm thinking that the Raiders with the Webway carriers travel as fast as they can first turn to open the WWP as close to enemy as possible. I'm hoping to get them into combat as fast as possible and hopefully starting with a Paintoken will help in keeping them alive.

The Archon and his Court , the Ravager and possible the Trueborn squad will also start on the table, moving as quickly as they can to kill. Everything else emerges from the Webway portals. Thats pretty much my basic statgey for playing at this point size. Would like to know opinions on how you think this list will work.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:42

your idea is quite interesting... and completely different from the way I play, but Ill try and comment on what I see Razz

HQ: Your archon really doesnt need ghostplate, if your shadowfield pops a 4+ isnt really going to save him for long. Also if he isnt fleeting, he isnt in assault, where he wants to be. I would drop the points on the blast pistol and pocket the points as well.

As for the court, I find medusae only good if you are doing the drive-bys with them, so I would drop them to one and just take the minimal, also Ive found slyths to be better in assault than ur-ghuls... You might want to lower the urghuls and get 3 slyths instead.

Haemies are fine...

Elites: Fine

Troops: Fine, but I think you should try and raider up that foot squad, itll give you more target saturation the first turn, and allows them to be able to move where their dual flamers can help the most. Also only 3 troops at this high level might hurt you, even if they are as durable as wracks.

FA: decent I guess... I would go with both haywire blasters, as you lack serious AT. That way they can stunlock two tanks so you dont have to think about them.

HS: Ive found that they ECCW and Chain-flails to be reduntant. Sure its +1, but your paying an asorbitant amount for that +1. Id pocket those points and just stick with the Chain-flails

as for the Chronos... the probe isnt needed because he shouldnt be in close combat with troops (tanks on the other hand...) He just doesnt have the attacks, WS, or I to keep up with your opponents rank and file.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 05:21

Thanks for your response. I tried to adjust it a bit. But without having much game experience I am not sure really what to do. Over the past few weeks I have gotten quite a bit of models painted with the first few coats and and am not sure what to do from here. I figured if I would present everything like this I may be able to explain my thought behind what I am doing and could get some suggestions.

Mainly I am trying to figure out which characters should go with which units, what special weapons or equipment would be a better suited role. Also and probably one of the most important questions is what units should be mounted in Raiders because I am thinking of making unique pilots for my Raiders. I’m a fan of WWP but also want to know if I need more vehicles in different places. I will list the models that I have painted and assembled as well as the models I currently own/have plans in the works for. Really am quite stuck so if your opinions on this fluffy list to help make it more lethal would greatly be appreciated. I am looking at building a few lists but mainly 1500 – 1850 pts. I will post more pics of my models when I learn to use some better camera skills. Sorry for rambling and on to the list.

HQ
Archon Ciirian – Agonizer, Soultrap, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield – 135pts
I figured his weapon could “count as” an Agonizer as I designed his wargear to reflect Vect’s if I ever need it since this model would be my main Archon. The orb in his right hand has flames coming around it, eventually I will paint them either green or purple.

Court of the Archon – 1 Lhamaean, 2 Medusae, 4-5 Urghuls, 1-2 Sslyth
I find the Court to be a very fluffy unit to join an Archon. The way I view it (and please correct me if I am wrong) but I belive the Archon’s Court should reflect that particular Archon’s personality and lifestyle. This to me gives for a chance to really make some interesting custom conversions. One idea I had is to use an Ogre body and paint him in a different way as if it was a succusfull slave in the arena and so he fights with some court jester ape like creature who rides on his back popping shots with a splinterpistol (a count as Sslyth) Sorry for rambling…Even if I don’t decide to have the Archon join them it still looks like such a great unit. Is there a better way to equip a 9 member court?

Hamemonculus Tendrillon and Arachnia
Haemonculus – Venomblade, Liquifier, WWP – 100 x2 = 200pts
They are Haemonculus models equipped with Liquifers, Venomblades and Webway portals. The purpose of these models is to a) provide myself with two wwp delivery systems, and b) gives me a chance to make characterfull models that add something to units. Tendrillon is the main Haemonculus fleshcrafter and allied with the Archon as per fluff; Arachnia was the former Succubuss of the Wych Cult and after she took a beating was turned into what she is today.

Troops

The Black Guard
9 Wracks, 1 liquifer
Custom unit I built before the finecast Wracks came out. I picture them as a steroid infused “combat Wrack” made by request for the Archon.

10 Wracks, 2 Liquifers
Standard Finecast Wracks

Wyches
16 Wyches, 2 Hekatrix w/ Agonizers
I have these Wyches built at the moment to run as two units of 9. I belive I have 3 more assembled somewhere but am not sure where. I only built my Wych squads with female wyches and this is what was made with three squads. With that said I have about 8 or so more male Wych bodies as well as 3 sets of Wych weapons. In addition to that I also have the Wyches from the Venom kit. Should I add some special weapons to these squads or beef them up/spread them out? Also have another complete squad that I haven’t touched yet.

Elite

Trueborn – 4 Blasters; Venom w/ extra Splinter Cannon
After going over other’s lists and having some comments on past lists, I figured I need more anti-tank guns in my army. So I went the basic 4 Blasters. Should I add a Dracon w/Blastpistol to this unit or is that a waiste of points?

Incubi
9 Incubi, 1Klaivex w/ Demi-Klaives
Not sure what I should do with these guys. I have 9 Incubi painted up (one looks slightly different so he could be a Klaivex with a regular Klaive). The last Incubi’s sword was so badly bent it was unusable, so I used Hydra gauntlets on him to represent Demi-klaives. Not sure how to arm/eqiuip Incubi and what sort of ride they should take. So any advice is great.

Fast Attack
5 Scourges, 2 Haywire Blasters – 130x2 units
I love the Scourge models. Decided to use Haywire blasters because they pretty much guarantee something will happen.

Beastpack
2 Beastmasters, 5 Khymera, 2 Flocks - 114
I like the idea about the Beastpack. I used a mix of Hellions bits mixed with WFB Chaos Ungor torsos for my Beastmasters to have them look a bit more bulky and working with beasts. I used LOTR Worgs for the Khymera and the regular models for the flocks. I’d like to use something different that fits more with the look of the army. Thinking spiders for a Razorwing flock might fit the “poison” theme of the Wych Cult; any suggestions on what models could be used would be great. Also I still have 3 more Hellion models; should think I should add more to these packs or try for an additional unit?

Heavy Support

Talos w/Chainflails, extra CC weapon, TL Haywire Blaster – 130
Comes from the WWP; fires at stuff, then rips it open. I think this is the right weapon load out for my list style, any thoughts?

Chronos Parasite Engine w/ Probe and Vortex - 110
Built the model with all the upgrades. I figured with all my infantry, why not give the Chronos all its abitliies in case I get a chance to use them.

Ravager w/ Flickerfield – 115
Not sure what else to do with this. I figured it would help the army. Thanks to someones great idea, I made Wracks the gunners for my Ravager. So it looks cool

Transports
I currently have 3 Raiders assembled. I have one more that is unassembled and another Ravager that I don’t belive I will use that could probably be converted to a Raider. I also have one Venom but I figured it would be best to go with the Blaster squad. Think I need more vehciles with a WWP list and who should be thrown into what Vehicle?

That’s what I have that has been mostly painted. Here is a list of all the other parts I have unassembled. Wondering what I should look towards next.
- 1 Battleforce (10 Wyches, 10 Warriors, 3 Reavers, 1 Raider; only using female Wyches, dont see Reavers fitting into the army, could make some Trueborn from the Warriors but unsure. Also Would like to convert a Raider to an Archon's Raider )
- the special weapons from an additional 2 Warrior Squads and 3 Wych Squads
- 5 Scourges (without wings, perhaps with all the special weapons I can make a different Truborn squad?)
- Grotesques – I have 2 Island of Blood Rat Ogres and plan to get 2 more and mix them with Talos parts. Do you think a unit of Grotesques would fit well with my army? I think visually they will look good.
Also thinking of putting together another Haemonculus, how do you think one equipped with Sccisorhands and a Liquifer. I have an idea for one with that equipment, and was wondering how it would work.

Sorry for the rant, hope I didn’t loose anyone with all that, I know it’s a big post. Any help, comments or suggestions would be great. Would love to hear peoples thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 05:32

I'm feeling kind of lost on your drive - you appear to be a WWP army, but have a lot of discussion and consideration for transports. Though you don't *need* to go either/or, I do think most well made WWP lists tend to have few transports/vehicles besides the ones carrying the Haems, conversely - if a lot of your army is meched up...why bother with the WWPs?
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 05:35

Its basicly my two WWP delivery vehicles, whos the best to guarentee a delivered package; the Wracks or the Wyches. I just want to build my vehicles to match their passangers and am wondering how to do that.
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 13:25

agonizer and soul trap = fairly pointless combo.

agoniser always wounds on a +4, so soul trap only helps you kill tanks.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 18:36

Thor665 - The WWP are for the Talos, Scourges, Beastpack, additional unit of Wracks/Wyches. I need a few units meched up to deliver the WWP and provide a few things to distract. I am just not sure which of the extra infantry (Wyches, Wracks, Incubi) should also come out of the Webway or get their own transport. The reason my question emphasised Transports when I am doing a WWP list is that I want my transports to match their owners and wasn't sure who would be better suited guarding the characters carrying WWP and who should be better off coming from the Webway.

notts - good point ill rework his equipment when taking him as a generic Archon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.    The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - 1850 Themed list, comments.
Page 1 of 1