THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+10
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Jimsolo
tibersky
PsychicHobo
The Red King
Calyptra
Marrath
Srota
BizarreShowbiz
TeenageAngst
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2017, 17:59

Were you taking seriously a thread about the sexual fetishes of a specific GW miniature designer?
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 07:26

Logan Frost wrote:
Were you taking seriously a thread about the sexual fetishes of a specific GW miniature designer?

Not particuarly! your post @TA seemed to more so than mine though, lol.

Speaking seriously, if one actually had to guess, you'd assume it was done to imply natural grace of the subject and not sexually motivated at all considering Jess probably did the concept art for the haemonculi and co. too who're all bare footed and pretty far from sexualised models.

The fact someone like Lelith competes with bare feet implies consciously or perhaps subconsciously extreme natural grace and balance in the same way a gymnast competes bare footed.
It's a thematic for the agile Eldar/DE race and to a lesser extent Warhammer fantasy elves who exude elegence and finesse and seriously doubt it's Goodwins way of getting his jolly's.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 07:41

Quote :
Speaking seriously, if one actually had to guess, you'd assume it was done to imply natural grace of the subject and not sexually motivated at all considering Jess probably did the concept art for the haemonculi and co. too who're all bare footed and pretty far from sexualised models.

The fact someone like Lelith competes with bare feet implies consciously or perhaps subconsciously extreme natural grace and balance in the same way a gymnast competes bare footed.
It's a thematic for the agile Eldar/DE race and to a lesser extent Warhammer fantasy elves who exude elegence and finesse and seriously doubt it's Goodwins way of getting his jolly's.

An entirely admissible argument considering the current climate 40k finds itself in and the stale writing of the Gathering Storm books.

However, considering the entire Sisters of Battle line was put in explicitly because one of the designers had a thing for sexy nuns, I beg to differ. Also the implied foot fetish harkens back to the halcyon days when this game was about stupid over the top sci-fi shenanigans and 80s heavy metal awesomeness and didn't take itself so darn seriously, days myself and my 40k buddies are determined to rekindle in spite of GW's best efforts. Plus, from a personal standpoint, I have to believe something positive came out of that dumpster fire of a book/triumvirate, and Yvraine's feet are my little nugget of gold.

Also I'm not going to risk getting paint or glue on perfectly good pants when I'm modeling before my game at my local hobby shop. The good lord gave us sweatpants for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 07:42

Hellions are barefoot as well as the various Coven models.   I think the barefoot thing is partly to make them seem more concerned with balance and surefootedness (i don't think that's a real word and don't care), and partly to make them seem more fae.

I know several circus performers who hate performing while wearing shoes because of the balance thing.
Back to top Go down
Srota
Kabalite Warrior
Srota

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 15:12

TeenageAngst wrote:
Also the implied foot fetish harkens back to the halcyon days when this game was about stupid over the top sci-fi shenanigans and 80s heavy metal awesomeness and didn't take itself so darn seriously, days myself and my 40k buddies are determined to rekindle in spite of GW's best efforts.

God I miss those days. Remember when Black Library books were affordable?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 21:13

Calyptra wrote:

I know several circus performers...

It doesn't matter what the rest of the line says. When you start your argument like this, you win. Very Happy

((Because it puts you in a class all your own, which very few people can relate to. Not many people "know several circus performers", just like not many people "know a bunch of travelling gypsies who live their life on the road". For most people, in order for either of those 2 things to happen, you either have to have been a circus performer, or a traveling gypsy.))
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 23:23

I wish I knew some circus performers. Like personally. Really, really personally.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29 2017, 04:17

That's family friendly...
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29 2017, 05:15

The closest I know is a carnie.

He's really cool though, plays Dark Angels, heck of a guy.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01 2017, 05:51

I think this wee diversion has long since run its natural course.  Locking wrack applied before it strays any further.  Gob.

Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Spanish-inquisition-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread   Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yvraine's Feet Appreciation Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2