THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - ORKS in Space

Go down 
+11
Creeping Darkness
4thDimensionWizard
Maraxus
Devilogical
Azdrubael
Archon_91
DEfan
Tounguekutter
CptMetal
amishprn86
Dalamar
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

8e - ORKS in Space - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 19:47

Azdrubael wrote:
Let me help get it back. Every other army except ours has been shown something really positive. Except us. Feel the despair.

Ah, much better. Wink

krayd wrote:
because our vehicles being able to move and shoot without penalty isn't positive. Razz

I suppose it's positive that they haven't nerfed us even more. But, especially compared to what we've seen of other races, it's hardly something to get excited about. Neutral

krayd wrote:
Hitting on 3s may not seem like a big deal, until you're forced to hit on 4s.

Sure. Except that most of out opponent's vehicles weren't hitting on 3s after moving - they were snapshotting. So, if anything, they've actually gone from hitting on 6s to hitting on 4s. And even that is only for heavy weapons.

To put it another way, this benefits other races vastly more than it benefits us.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 22:05

The Shredder wrote:
Ah, much better.  Wink

Sadist that my Archon is, I feel the urge to ruin your pessimism.

The Wound Chart alone benefits us so much... What do you all think of that? Is it less of a big deal than I think it is?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 22:31

Tounguekutter wrote:
The Wound Chart alone benefits us so much...  What do you all think of that?  Is it less of a big deal than I think it is?

Does the wound chart benefit us that much? Just glancing at it, it seems like it only benefits our T3 stuff against S5 weapons. S3 still wounds us on 4s, S4 wounds us on 3s and S6 wounds us on 2s. The only difference is that S5 now needs 3s. That's nice, but seems quite reliant on our opponents bringing a lot of S5 over S4 or S6+.

Wracks and Reavers might do a bit better, so there's that.

Grotesques will also benefit, but the abundance of weapons that inflict multiple wounds could well be far worse for them than the occasional S10 or ID weapon in 7th.

Honestly, even with this change, I'm not sure our resilience will be improved to any significant degree (outside of maybe Coven, I doubt you'll be seeing many attrition DE armies Wink ).

There's also the fact that the new to-wound chart may make our poison a lot less useful (unless it does something different now).

I don't know. It doesn't seem like a huge buff to me, but maybe it will be more useful in practise (for all I know, a lot of S6 weapons could end up being reduced to S5).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - ORKS in Space
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2