THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks

Go down 
+75
Bad-baden-baden
The Strange Dark One
Tyelacoirii
lament.config
Tounguekutter
Massaen
SaturdayNightWrist
Bibitybopitybacon
Eldur
Imateria
Gherma
Sarkesian
Red Corsair
Skulnbonz
zbardekz
Rusty293
Jimsolo
CptMetal
Sess
ricorongen
Seshiru
Azdrubael
Khayyin
Barrywise
Kantalla
Cerve
SERAFF
aurynn
Squidmaster
Scrz
Ikol
The Red King
|Meavar
Maraxus
Trystis
Cavash
Painjunky
closecraig
TheBaconPope
Count Adhemar
Vathek
Olsol
Arani
Razorfate
mynamelegend
wormfromhell
killedbydeath
CommorraghPleb
Xivai
Devilogical
JanusKain
AngelicPerversion
Amornar
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Bardicnonsense
Creeping Darkness
Archon_91
Leninade
krayd
Talos
Klaive
organicpesticide
Faitherun
CurstAlchemist
Dark Elf Dave
TeenageAngst
Hellstrom
Logan Frost
megatrons2nd
Sigmaril
Mononcule
Sairaus
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Cherrycoke
amishprn86
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:03

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Gherma wrote:
I spent a lot of time today going through the new index and I have to say that in my opinion, excluding a couple of very poor choices (talos?), it's not particularly sub par. I went through the rules of all the armies that I have/know well, and I all of them I could find really disappointing elements. Just to highlight a couple:

ELDAR
- Windriders went from 3+ to 4+
- farseers powers are a lot less interesting
- scatter laser is a lot less useful now that vehicles have an armour save
- all the move shot move lost forever

DARK ANGEL
- no more jink bonanza on bikes
- DW knights went from T5 to T4
- no more DW special rules
- Azrael still awfully overcosted and pretty useless

So I think the problem here is not the dark eldar codex, it's just a completely tasteless / bland edition of the game

Do you know if jink as a universal rule is gone? I didn't notice it mentioned once for Dark Eldar.

Jink is gone. Dark Angels have it as a special rule (5++) but just for flyers and darkshroud. No more jinxing for normal bikes and skimmers. We were "lucky" all our ones got 5++

Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:04

Some other nice things I found reading through the space marines rules.

Deep striking flamers can no longer burn are passengers. They can’t even fire the same turn they arrive.

Grav weapons are mehhe against dark elder (there nice bonus only happens if you have a 3+ save)

Drop pods actually cost pts now

marines with cc weapons (chainsords) have no bolters

Bikes are expensive, and melts then our disintegrator cannons open fire
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:10

With these awful mechanics I'm probably only going to play competitively. There's no reason to invest myself outside of tournaments if the fluff and the narrative aspects are all turned inside out and the actual gameplay is extremely limited.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:15

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
There are some things I am getting frustrated with already and thats most squads being minimum 5 models meaning a HQ choice can't join them on a venom.

Under the rules for Battle Forged Armies, Understrength units, you will see rules allowing you to take a unit of less than minimum strength but must pay the point cost for that missing man/men.
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:32

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Dark Elf Dave wrote:
There are some things I am getting frustrated with already and thats most squads being minimum 5 models meaning a HQ choice can't join them on a venom.

Under the rules for Battle Forged Armies, Understrength units, you will see rules allowing you to take a unit of less than minimum strength but must pay the point cost for that missing man/men.

Thank you that is so helpful to know that...so I still other options hmmm
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:35

And jink is gone, replaced with invul saves on everything except the Reavers. Got it.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:38

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
And jink is gone, replaced with invul saves on everything except the Reavers. Got it.

Not strictly... I think no bike in the game has it now

Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 22:54

Vathek wrote:
I'm just curious as to why the light and fast raider is slower than the eldars transport options
Because anything we can do CWE can do better. It is as good as official GW policy.
Heck they even gave our webway gimmick to the CWE rangers.

And I noticed our warriors did not get back the grenades GW stole from them last dex. When they tried to buff wyches as a CC option by nerfing the warriors ability to charge instead of making wyches better. Even though warriors have grenades on the actual models. All the CWE cats still have their grenades of course.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31 2017, 23:29

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
CurstAlchemist wrote:
Dark Elf Dave wrote:

Thank you that is so helpful to know that...so I still other options hmmm
I wouldn't be so sure, chances are that just applies to the narative Power Level points where you buy models in blocks rather than with the more granular points system.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 00:34

Imateria wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure, chances are that just applies to the narative Power Level points where you buy models in blocks rather than with the more granular points system.

The rules actually states: "If you are using points, you must still pay the point costs as if you had a minimum-sized unit, even though it contains fewer models. An understrength unit still takes up the appropriate slot in a detachment."

That is quoted directly from a picture of the hard bound rulebook, on page 242.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 00:37

Talos with twin haywire, twin heatlance or twin SC, and msu Wrack squads with ossefactor+hexrifle, seems pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:14

Humm... Hydra gauntlets reroll to wound even against vehicles. It won't make you win, but it's good to know.

+1Toughness bubbles for Covens, reroll hits bubbles for Archon courts, Incubi with Drazhar and wyches with succubi and Lelith (now on drugs). Whole army power from pain super cumulative bubble. Yeah, keep crying.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:14

So evidently we can't mix and match factions. An entire army must share a keyword in matched play.

o_o

There go my sisters.

Back to top Go down
Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:16

Imperium is a keyword
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:17

Leninade wrote:
Imperium is a keyword

I used to run my Sisters of Battle with my Dark Eldar in an allied detachment.

Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:28

What I'm most upset at is that in the "age of flamers" our total number of autohit weapons has actually  fallen. The eyeburst has been relegated to a simple assault 4 weapon, which leaves us with the Spirit Syphon and Liquifier Gun. So it looks like Covens are our sole flame bearers. Not to mention that the Liquifier is still S3, and the Spirit Syphon also S3 and limited to a single model.

I was praying that the poor poor shredder would get changed to our version of a flamer, but to actually limit our access to this purported critical game changing weapon even further is just a slap in the face.

Honestly, is there any army out there with less access to templates than we do?

Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:31

Templates were great because they weren't subject to the fickle whims of the dice gods, now that's gone it doesn't really matter anymore.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 01:46

I'm curious. Do we know if Wyches get their 4++ against pistols fired into combat? In guessing not since it says they get 4++ in the fight phase. That alone might make them unviable.
Also, is there any real reason to take 1 unit of 10 Wyches when 2 units of 5 can ride in a raider? The hekatrix is free, the agonizer is cheap and you get two grenades to throw.
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 02:08

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:

Also, is there any real reason to take 1 unit of 10 Wyches when 2 units of 5 can ride in a raider? The hekatrix is free, the agonizer is cheap and you get two grenades to throw.

I guess the only downside to units of five is you could potentially lose a good portion of the unit to a failed moral test.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 03:57

Eh - I think you'd lose less. Morale is 2d6 - (LD-casualties). Therefore a larger squad can lose more models, thereby having a lower LD
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 04:39

its 1d6 - not 2d6

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 04:45

True - my bad.

But the end result is the same. It's (d6+# of dead) - LD

With a unit of 5, and a LD of 7, we have to lose 2 models and roll a 6 to lose one more... at losing 4 models the chances of losing more greatly increases - on 4+ we lose the last one! But only one. In a unit of 10, after having lost 4 wyches, a 4 sees us losing one, while a 5 or 6 sees another 2 or 3 die.

Two units of 5 makes more sense to me...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 05:23

Iirc you get one special weapon for every 3 girls. So going 2x 5 gives you less of them.

Hellion
Xivai

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 05:43

Your all a lot luckier than Tau. The Necrons have a unit that is basically better than the crisis in every way and costs a third less. Destroyer's are going to end Tau lists and Wraiths let alone the BS 2+ warriors with an invul save from the leaders and the rest of his army.

On ATT the situation and agreement is that the codex is in extremely dire straights. The only unit we can claim is better than any other option in any other dex is the Vespid. The little humble vespid. All our hopes rest on you little guys. We're doomed.

I hate the frontline gaming people so much. Reece and Frankie hated Tau and always complained they were way too strong in every way. Now we can't do anything. Great.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 05:50

Seriously?!? Tau had it cheap and great for 2 solid editions of the game and they still have plenty of good options - drones are amazing just for starters.

The trick is tau points are now in line with everyone else (seriously - riptides have been way to cheap for a while now) along with the rebalances to rules to EVERY FACTION has players losing their crap.

Play some games and then make the call. You will almost certainly have to change the way you play as the game is different!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks   Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Almost Full DE rules w/ Picks
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next