THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?

Go down 
+4
Tiri Rana
Local_Ork
Thor665
thelordhellion
8 posters

which missile is the best?
monoscythe missile
monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba1324%monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba15
 24% [ 5 ]
necrotoxin missile
monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba1310%monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba15
 10% [ 2 ]
shatterfield missile
monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba1352%monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba15
 52% [ 11 ]
implosion missile
monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba1314%monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Voteba15
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
thelordhellion
Hellion
thelordhellion

monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? Empty
PostSubject: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 06:10

which missile is the best for voidravens?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 07:07

e. None - the Void Raven doesn't want any of those missiles.

I actually voted Shatterfield because, well, if I was going to buy missiles for the Voidraven I'd want missiles that were capable of actually harming mech which is why I must have paid for the Voidraven to begin with.
Back to top Go down
thelordhellion
Hellion
thelordhellion

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 07:23

i would go for shatterfield as well......but i disagree on the point of packing no missiles....dont forget that only voidravens can pack implosion missiles......very good for insta killing things
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 07:53

Shatterfield, however You guys realize it's AP - ? Not so good vs tanks, at all. Don't work for Venom Cannon (Nid gun), don't work for us.

I kinda like idea of Implosion missiles, they do work akin to Shattershard... I could take 1 if Nids were good codex or when new Necrons will hit shelves, for rotflblasting Tomb Spiders.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 10:14

I voted for implosion missles, because if, and that's a big if, I took a voidraven and, maybe an even more so big and, wanted to to take missles, that would probably these, because I can't take them on a razorwing.
All in all, missles aren't good against vehicles. The shatterfield is no exception, as, like Local_Ork said, 'AP-' is just a major let-down. Yes, you can now glance AV13 and Pen AV12, but you get -1 to all pens and even -3 to all glances. just not worth it, in my opinion, especially as the voidlances should be hunting blessed hull landraiders and the like.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Bunny
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 13:37

Either Implosion Missiles if you can justify the cost or none. The Void Raven is made for tank hunting, if its not killing a tank a turn its dead the next. Implosion Missiles are handy if your opponent is relying on lots of multi wound units like Nob Bikers or Paladins but a bit overkill for bog standard marines.
Back to top Go down
galimene
Slave
galimene

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 16:04

One implosion, only one, to have it when needed, and, three others...
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 17:07

F: unknown - I've never fielded a Voidraven.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 19:40

Local_Ork wrote:
Shatterfield, however You guys realize it's AP - ? Not so good vs tanks, at all. Don't work for Venom Cannon (Nid gun), don't work for us.
They're actually just fine - the point isn't to score high on the damage chart - the point is to penetrate them in the first place so you have a chance to roll high on the chart.

Also, as said, the best answer is 'none' the implosion missile is actually pretty 'meh' at best. Sure, it's likely to kill a lot of stuff, but at 30 points and single shot it's super pricey. If it was large blast I'd actually probably manage to get excited by it, but small blast? Whoo-hoo, I got what, 4 guys maybe? And wasted my Void Lances shooting at infantry with them? Sure am glad I paid for this super expensive Ravager to hurt infantry while my entire army has so many poison weapons it makes anything with high toughness weep.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 20:44

Thor665 wrote:
Local_Ork wrote:
They're actually just fine - the point isn't to score high on the damage chart - the point is to penetrate them in the first place so you have a chance to roll high on the chart.

Also, as said, the best answer is 'none' the implosion missile is actually pretty 'meh' at best. Sure, it's likely to kill a lot of stuff, but at 30 points and single shot it's super pricey. If it was large blast I'd actually probably manage to get excited by it, but small blast? Whoo-hoo, I got what, 4 guys maybe? And wasted my Void Lances shooting at infantry with them? Sure am glad I paid for this super expensive Ravager to hurt infantry while my entire army has so many poison weapons it makes anything with high toughness weep.

^This. I always go with Shatterfields, they do fine against light armour when needed, or when they scatter on to them as a nice bonus, and they are far better than Monoscythes against non-armour. Plus, on the VR, they are the same cost as the Mono's, so why would you ever take the Mono's?

At one shot, small blast, the Implosion missiles will never be worth their current points cost, and I would be reluctant to pay even half.

The VR is a very attractive platform, until you start hanging all this stuff on it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 20:57

I forget where I first read it, but I do believe it's true;

For upgrades, the way to tell if it's 'overcosted' is to ask yourself if it's a no-brainer upgrade at half the cost.
At 15 points per implosion missile - I'm still not sure if I'd take them. Consequently, they are probably improperly point expensive for what they do.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 21:05

Let's face it - missiles are for wound-based units ownage only.

I totally agree with fact that if You want shoot infantry then Razorwing should be picked...

Thor - I realised that IM allow inv saves. That's bummer, since most of desirable targets have invs... I would pick it for 10 however, just to keep pricing on other missiles level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?   monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

monoscythe, necrotoxin, implosion, or shatterfield missiles?
Page 1 of 1