THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?

Go down 
+14
Massaen
CurstAlchemist
Myrvn
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
The Red King
Jetie
CptMetal
HERO
PFI
Hellstrom
Subsanity
nerdelemental
Count Adhemar
The Shredder
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 05:04

Yeah, Yncarne can cast that power on anything in a Ynnari army.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 06:28

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2017/06/8th-edition-ynnari.html

From the community site
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 07:26

That's the same guy who said dark eldar were "blisteringly fast" and wyches were the best unit in the game.

The guy isn't even GW and he's definitely not the rules department, so until they FAQ it I'm going to keep going by what the book says and not the hype piece of those shills.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 16:55

The Red King wrote:
That's the same guy who said dark eldar were "blisteringly fast" and wyches were the best unit in the game.

The guy isn't even GW and he's definitely not the rules department, so until they FAQ it I'm going to keep going by what the book says and not the hype piece of those shills.

We can certainty agree on GW shills Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 18:45

We can easily use both DE and Ynnari in two different detachment. Some unit benefits from SfD while others from PfP, Crecendo or BF.

Revenant discipline was underwhelming last edition, but now it seems quite useful. You can put 10 +1S or +1A hellions in a raider, disenbark them, then Yvraine + word of the phoenix for a T1 charge (3+14+14+2D6 charge). If you play second the raider protects the hellions. With a reroll from a CP you can also reduce the possibility of perils.

Sad note: now Ynnari scourges cannot deepstrike near a vehicule to trigger soulburst as they must deploy more than 9 inches from an enemy unit.

The Yncarne is a character with less than 10 wounds, so if you have some fast and cheap units you can protect him from a lot of shooting. Maybe this is the reason why he cost more than last edition.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 19:20

With regard to Yvraine, what would you put her with?
Back to top Go down
4thDimensionWizard
Hellion
4thDimensionWizard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 20:34

HERO wrote:
The Red King wrote:

We can certainty agree on GW shills Very Happy

Ditto. FLG has a personal financial imperative to see GW succeed, since their own company is primarily built around the sale and promotion of GW products. At this point, GW could put out polished turds, and these guys would say it smells great!
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 21:55

The Shredder wrote:
With regard to Yvraine, what would you put her with?

Good question... She's decent in combat and offers psychic protection, I would try to keep her with a footsloging unit, like beasts or troupe. Her healing is less powerful than before, but she cost also a lot less.

On a side note: I saw somewhere that there is no more fire arc for vehicles. If so, the awful voidweaver is greatly improved. The prismatic cannon also got buffed. With all the other abilities (-1 to hit them, 6 inches advance and 4++ armor) they look like a decent anti-horde plaform.

They can also be taken in units of 3. If Word of the phoenix works on vehicles, I would give them a try (after having cast Ancestor's grace on them). 36 S6 shots + 6D6 S4 AP-2 shots in dispersed mode.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 22:18

IMO Ynnari is best for Psychic and Bike spam, i see no real other reason for them IMO.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 22:19

amishprn86 wrote:
IMO Ynnari is best for Psychic and Bike spam, i see no real other reason for them IMO.

Bugger.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 22:24

The Shredder wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

Bugger.

Just my opinions, others might find a better use for it, but i see Harlequins never taking them and it will for sure helps some units but it seems to help Bikes the most (large movement, heavy shooting) and Psychic as well (2x Smites..... come on thats insane).
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 22:31

amishprn86 wrote:
The Shredder wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

Bugger.

Just my opinions, others might find a better use for it, but i see Harlequins never taking them and it will for sure helps some units but it seems to help Bikes the most (large movement, heavy shooting) and Psychic as well (2x Smites..... come on thats insane).

No, I see your point. It just doesn't help my DE. Razz
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 22:34

For DE I might help melee units, especially if you take some eldar to make them our botch this time (A unit of bikes and farseer on bike to get a easy sould burst) so we can have x2 movement.

You can have Wychs or other move 2x and get turn 1 charges more reliably, Dbl charges or combats as well.

But I dont see it working "as good as" (or is it "As well as"?) same points in bikes and more psychers.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 03:42

After doing some list building... I may try out using 2 wraithlords with bright lances. I can use Yncarnes psy to move them so they can sort of keep up with my army. And with the bright lances they can still shoot 36in untill they can get into cc!
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 04:03

Well nevermind just realized is monster not infantry or bike poo.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 04:19

Ynnari WG D-scythes do some serious work!
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 04:49

True but im just looking for an excuse paint up some WL with dark lance on them lol
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 10:13

Just play them, they are fine now. Wait are the 9 or 10 wounds? and are they characters? or just MC?
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 10:25

Wraith Lords are 10 Wound non-character Monsters.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 13:05

Heavy slot and I do not have any heavy yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?   Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Ynnari in 8th?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2