THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FW xenos index

Go down 
+17
Gherma
Gildaheir
amishprn86
Gobsmakked
The Shredder
The Strange Dark One
Scrz
Dark Elf Dave
Ikol
Count Adhemar
TheBaconPope
TeenageAngst
PFI
HERO
tibersky
Subsanity
The Red King
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 01:27

I have pre-ordered the xenos FW index which goes live at midnight. So for anyone that hasn't picked it up I'll be answering questions at 0000 central time.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 01:40

O.ooooo reaper! Lol
Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion
tibersky

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 02:41

Oh sweet! I can't wait to see what happened to our reaper and Tantalus! On an unrelated note, red king, your new Avatar is very cool. Really creative kitbashing.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 03:16

Thank you. I'll review the forum rules and post as much information as I can on our 2 vehicles. I've a tantalus to my left right now so I'm also excited.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 03:30

The ones that matter for me are:

• Nightwing - How does it compete with our faction (Razorwing, Hemlock..etc) flyers?
  • Lynx - How viable is this badboy now in 2k points?
  • Warp Hunter - Same here.
  • Rev Titan - I'll be seeing some 2-4 Knight lists out there, do we have an answer?
  • Spider Knight - Nerfed, better?  I'm curious.

Last edited by HERO on Fri Jun 23 2017, 03:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 03:37

Spoiler alert, the reaper is really really good. Way better than the Ravager
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 03:44

PFI wrote:
Spoiler alert, the reaper is really really good. Way better than the Ravager

Please do tell. Smile
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 03:47

I wrote a post about it in tactics. I don't think it's even a competition.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 05:59

I love how FW dropping these books full of effective units that have lots of cool, fun special rules that aren't wholly compromised by the new simplicity of the game shows how little GW applied themselves when releasing the other material. Credit where it's due, these guys might make me enjoy 8th edition.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 06:34

I'll need some time to digest everything in order to make any tactical assumptions so I'll try to stick to pure facts here.

Okay so as was stated in the other thread the reaper has a 2 mode gun.

2d6 strength 6 XXXXXX
Or
1d6 str 8 XXXXXX

However they are NOT assault. The damage output is great but less mobile.

The tantalus moves as fast as a venom and DOUBLE when it advances. Also 18 toughness 7 wounds but costs a little more than the Yncarne.

As for damage output, it puts out 12 strength 8 XXXXXX shots hitting on X's. That is impressive.its melee attacks (of which it has 6 to start) are strength 8 XXXXXX.
When it charges it can cause a smites worth of mortal wounds to every unit within 1" of it on a 4+.

Strangely it has an ability allowing every allied model to use your warlords LD if they can draw LoS to it and you're warlord is on it. None of this specifies drukhari.

Transport size still 16.

Reading the eldar stuff now.

Edited for excessive posting of rules and stats. Please read section 5 of the Forum Rules, IP infringement. Gob.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 06:40

For once Transport Capacity 16 is good! I'm thinking three 5-man squads of whatever plus a character, most likely my warlord.

I'd buy one right now if I wasn't a broke college student!
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 06:50

I have a Tantalus in dry dock.

I wanna put my warlord and 15 Scourges on it with Dark Lances.

Oh my.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 07:05

Nightwing - seems a bit of an odd duck. Can change it's wing stance to basically become a storm talon (turns to face a target rather yuan pivoting, gains +1 to hit that target, loses hard to hit until it changes wings) or it can fold in the wings and move faster while gaining a 5+ invuln

Lynx - the lynx is slightly less than the Yncarne. It's main armaments are the lynx pulsar at 48" heavy 2d3 strength 7 XXXXXX or 36" heavy 2 strength 12 XXXXXX.  Or it can take the sonic lance to possibly ensure conscript spam has a counter.  18" heavy 3d6 XXXXXX. Auto hits and wounds all infantry on a 2+. Vehicles on a 4+

Warp Hunter - the warp hunter has no special rules of note, it's gun is either, 36" heavy d3 strength 10 XXXXXX or 12" heavy d6 strength, so, dmg, same as above.  The first can fire at targets you can't see and does 2d3 shots against units 10 or more. The latter auto hits.

Rev Titan - if IK cost ~XXX points than you'll be evenly costed 3 to 1. It moves 32 inches with 32 wounds.  Strength/ tough 9. it can put out 12 attacks with it's feet and mounts 2 pulsars or sonic lances. It of course ignores heavy penalty.  Pulsars; 60" heavy 2d6 strength 12 XXXXXX. Wound rolls of 6 have a damage of 2d6 instead... ouuuch. It also has an invuln if it moves far enough.

Spider Knight - it's WK expensive. For special rules it can deepstrike. It can also return to deepstrike reserves like a swooping hawk. It's inferno lances are 24" heavy d6 strength 8 XXXXXX with melta. Deathshrouds are 10" heavy 2d6 strength 7 XXXXXX with auto hits. Would rolls of 5+ are apX. Or 48" heavy d6 strength 8 XXXXXX with the same rending.

Edited for excessive posting of rules and stats. Please read section 5 of the Forum Rules, IP infringement. Gob.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 07:05

Eldar Titan Holo-fields changed to Distort Field that changes Invul save depending on how far you move, so its different for all the super-heavies and titans.

Rev Titan sitting heavy at XXXXXX, but is absolutely ridiculous.  Each Pulsar doing Heavy 2d6 S12 XXXXXX damage and each wound of 6 turns into 2d6 damage instead.  Cloudburst is 2d6 S8 XXXXXX +1 to hit when shooting flying.  Essentially, every time it advances since it can move 32" at full health (28-32), it has WS X+ and BS X+ (that's right, 2+), it has a 4++.

Scorpion sits at XXXXXX, BSX+ as well, moves 14", advancing to 17-20" gives it 4++.  Shoots 4D6 S12 XXXXXX damage, and wound of 6s turn into 2d6 damage.

Cobra is XXXXXX, 14' move, 2+ BS, D-Impaler is S16 XXXXXX damage, and 6s to wound inflicts additional D3 mortal wounds.

These prices include weapons.  I think the Scorpion is the big winner here at its price, can take vehicle upgrades as well so you can advance, get the 4++, be at -1 to hit because of vectored engines, have spirit stones, can have crystal targeting matrix as well.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 07:25

Hornets?
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 07:32

Edited for excessive posting of rules and stats.  Please read section 5 of the Forum Rules, IP infringement.  Gob.

Last edited by HERO on Sun Jun 25 2017, 02:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 09:44

The Red King wrote:
Tantalus... 18 Toughness 7 Wounds...

I'm pretty sure what you mean here is: Toughness 7, 18 Wounds, but just to confirm...  We don't have the only Toughness 18 model in the game?  Right?  Not that that wouldn't be cool, it would just feel... The complete opposite of Eladrith Ynneas doctrine.

I love how fast this thing is!  A potential 32" move in one turn is great!  Finally we have something Faster than those pesky Craftworlders!

The guns sound good, giving us somewhat proportional damage output to model size. Is that split across two separate guns, giving us 6 shots to a target, or are we limited to one "twin-linked" gun?

The Leadership buffs sound cool! Not sure how useful they'll be to me (still planning an MSU approach), but the idea of the army being inspired by their Warlord racing around overhead, gunning down heavy targets in a ride the size of a Baneblade and scything through enemy forces with its heavy blades.

And on the topic of blades, Nasty Charge. Sounds a bit more like I would have envisioned a Raider or Venoms Charge to be (proportionally) similar to. Instead of the Lousy Strength 4 we got stuck with.

The Reaper's Gun looks nice, varied fire is great and the chance for some truly devastating volleys is better. Though I'm not sure that I wouldn't have preffered fixed stats in a couple of places there. It currently looks like a very, very swingy gun that could wreak utter havoc, or kill a single Imperial Guardsman.
Trading Assault for that seems reasonable, the base 14" move is probably enough to keep it hidden. I assume it has range 36" still?

And yet Eldar still manage to seem overpowered by comparison.

Seriously WTF is with that Scorpion!

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 09:47

I think the Tantalus is an amazing model...how many points is it and what save does it have? 18 wounds is cool and T7 is even better but in high points games there will be a lot of firepower to soak up and most heavy weapons will still be wounding on 3's.

I think the rules sound cool though, I like how its potentially deadly on the charge.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 09:54

I think it is supposed to be T8

EDIT: might be only with a Heamy in it.

2nd EDIT:   Found this in dakkadakka: Tantalus is *some* points w/ all gear. It's T7, has 18 wounds and 2 6-shot disintegrators. It's also S8 XXXXXX in melee with 6 attacks. It can transport 16 models, and if your warlord is on board all Drukhari in LOS get to use his leadership as long as they aren't in cover. The reaper is *Also* points all in. It has one gun that can fire either d6 darklance shots or 2d6 S6 XXXXXX shots - either way, if you hit the target can't advance. Also has a shock-prow equivalent by a different name for free.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 10:02

From what was written I'd guess the Tantalus is around the 350 mark?
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 11:04

Count Adhemar wrote:
From what was written I'd guess the Tantalus is around the 350 mark?

That might or might not be spot on. Wink depending on the forum rules.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 11:08

Mine is sitting on the shelf at the moment awaiting a paint job. And I need to repaint my Reaper as I bought it 2nd hand and the colour scheme doesn't match.

le sigh

I'll add it to the list of stuff to do!
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 11:37

Any words of Forgeworld on behalf of their Corsairs?
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 12:08

So is it still 4+ / 5++
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 15:34

It is a 3+/5++.

I would COUNT on "someone" guessing the point cost.

The digital version's LD buff definitely says "all friendly units". Maybe the physical book says drukhari?

Also both can take the haemonculus or ynnari for that matter.

Corsair reckless abandon is terrible. A 3" move IF you kill something in overwatch.

There are no princes/void dreamers/ barons.

Their leadership affect has got to have a typo in there somewhere. "When testing leadership you MAY roll an extra dice and discard the LOWEST, but if the test is failed the number of models that run is increased by +1"

So it's worded as if it's supposed to be some kind of buff with an extra risk but it's actually just an optional negative considering you want to roll low on LD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FW xenos index Empty
PostSubject: Re: FW xenos index   FW xenos index I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FW xenos index
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next