THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Soulburst to kill Characters?

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
Barrywise
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Soulburst to kill Characters? Empty
PostSubject: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 23:06

Shooting Chars has the restriction of not being possible in the Shooting phase if they aren't the closest model.

If I use Yvraine to cast Word of the Phoenix on a unit of Ynnari Dark Lance Scourges (in the psychic phase of course), Soulbursting to allow them to shoot in the Psy phase .... this bypasses the restriction right ? I can then shoot a char?

Did I just find the best snipers in the game?
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 00:44

Isn't it treated as a mini normal shooting phase though?

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 00:59

I believe it's written somewhere that you still have to follow all normal restrictions on the shooting attack. Restrictions on who you could target would still qualify.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 07:04

Its "Unit can shoot as if it were your Shooting Phase". So I'd say no.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 19:21

"as if it were you Shooting Phase" surely literally means that it ISN'T the actual shooting phase? As far as my English language lessons go, by defining that something is "as if", means indicatively that it truly "isn't". Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 19:25

Hellstrom wrote:
"as if it were you Shooting Phase" surely literally means that it ISN'T the actual shooting phase?  As far as my English language lessons go, by defining that something is "as if", means indicatively that it truly "isn't".  Am I wrong?

"As if it were" means "It is not, but consider it is"

Last edited by dumpeal on Wed Jul 12 2017, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sslyth
Hellion
Sslyth

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 19:26

Hellstrom wrote:
"as if it were you Shooting Phase" surely literally means that it ISN'T the actual shooting phase?  As far as my English language lessons go, by defining that something is "as if", means indicatively that it truly "isn't".  Am I wrong?

Yes.

It means that you treat the situation the same way as the shooting phase.

My Kabal Project Log
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 19:27

Hellstrom wrote:
By that logic, your soulbursting models cannot shoot, because they can only shoot in shooting phase and you just said that it isn't your shooting phase. Very Happy

If you agree that they can shoot, you consider this action bubble as your shooting phase and have to follow all options and restrictions accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 20:08

Fair enough. Shame Very Happy Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst to kill Characters?   Soulburst to kill Characters? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soulburst to kill Characters?
Page 1 of 1