THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List Empty
PostSubject: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 19:27

Mission will be Big Guns Never Tire

Here's the list I've come up with:

Battalion Detachment (+3 CP) (741 Points)

Archon w/ Agonizer & Blaster (73)
Warlock w/ Witchblade (37)

3 Kabalite Warriors understrength unit (21)
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster (50)
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster (50)

1 Venom (80)
1 Venom (80)
1 Venom (80)

5 Mandrakes (95)

1 Ravager w/ 2 Dissie 1 Dark Lance (175)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's 9 points to spare but I have no idea where to put it. I wanted 3 Dissies on the Ravager but it puts me a point over. I can't take any more warriors or else I won't be able to fit in my Venoms. I guess I could put PGL's on the sybarites and archon

My core force of Kabalites with Blasters in Venoms performed nicely last week at 500 points. I imagine the games won't be too different at 750 and the addition of the Ravager + Mandrakes should  help me tackle any tricky new additions at this point level.

Would love to hear your thoughts and considerations!
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 19:43

You could add a warrior to the under strength unit. They only need one space for the archon, give the ravager a shock prow and bam, only one point under
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 19:45

What about the Warlock? Footslog him? He's only there as a cheap HQ choice anyways to get me to a Battalion, but I figured he would ride in the Venom with the Archon.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 19:45

He can't ride in a venom. Hes not drukhari
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 20:07

Oh crap! Good catch!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 20:32

I thought you couldn't take an understrength unit if you had any other units of the same type.

However, I'd be inclined to drop the Warlock and pick up some birds. Or use those points to get another dissie on the ravager.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 20:36

You might be right about the understrength unit - I'll have to check.

You think it's worth losing 3 command points by dropping the Warlock? I suppose at this points level there's not a ton of opportunities to use them. Plus they did jack for me last game.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 20:37

Personally, I'd prioritize unit performance over the ability to get command points. Unfortunately, I'm just not super impressed with Warlocks in this edition.

Early stages of Escalation Leagues seem like they favor target saturation lists.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 20:48

Alright I'll axe him and see what I can do with the 37 extra points! Probably go full Dizzy on the Ravager and get my Kabalite squad back up to full strength. Might even be able to buy them a Blaster or upgrade the Venom to a Raider
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 23:42

I think Command Points are actually pretty great if you see them as means to gain marginal increases rather than as game breakers.

Use that reroll when your Damage roll is weak, CounterAttack sooner rather than later, don't bank on a morale test if it'll likely wipe a unit, just blow Command Points.

If you're not into the 2CP strategems just think of the Warlock as a tax that Smites and gives you 6 re rolls a game. That seems pretty good for 37pts.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 00:39

The extra CPs can definitely be a huge deal, but I'd probably save the points up and buy a Farseer, which would probably be more useful for you than a Warlock. (At least, in my opinion.)
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 03:53

You could also change your hq to a haemonc. Buffs your venoms and at 750 points that's more important. Also not a slouch at hurting units either
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 12:52

What am I really gaining from T6 vs T5 though? Better saves against Assault Cannons and Heavy Bolters? I suppose that's pretty good with Stormtalons coming on as I'll probably start to see those pop up as the points levels increase. The Archon's 2+ BS Blaster is nice but the reality is I'm often keeping him outside of 18" anyways so as to not give up Warlord kills.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 14:24

Yeah I think Haemonculi are probably going to be best paired with Wracks, going from T4 to T5 is considerably better than >T5.

My 1K Kabal list has a Farseer Skyrunner with a Singing Spear to hit units with Doom and basically add another Blaster/darklight equivalent; it's really expensive at 1k, especially as part of a Battalion, but re-rolling wounds against a unit with Drukhari firepower is really, really good.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 14:42

Damn I never looked at Farseers before - they seem super strong. Lot of points though. I'll see if I can work one in!
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 14:59

I don't ever play escalation leagues so I don't know how it works: do you start with 750pts and then eventually go to 1000pts, keeping the core 750 and adding in increments of 250pts (or X pts, whatever) ? Because if so I think having a Farseer (jetbiking or otherwise) at this points level would just require some serious overhaul to the list.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 15:00

Nah you can completely change your list every week. Last week was 500, this week is 750, next week is 1,000 and we'll end at 2,000. I can do a full overhaul! Whats your recommendation?
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 17:31

Here's my 1K (993pts; where the other 7pts go doesn't wildly matter) list for reference:

Archon w/PGL, Blaster, & Agonizer

Farseer Skyrunner w/Singing Spear

(3x) 5x Kabalites w/Blaster & PGL

(3x) Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons

Razorwing Jetfighter

5x Scourges w/4 Dark Lances

Pretty similar to yours basically, you could probably even scrape out 95pts for Mandrakes if you tool down the Archon to bare bones, drop the extra Splinter Cannons on the Venoms, drop the Scourges to 4 and remove a PGL. This is super shooty but if the Kabalites are on objectives the Venoms just nosedive into combat and tend to force Fall Backs, and between 6CP for darklight damage re-rolls and Doom it's not hard to either cinch a dead tank when you need to or turn an enemy unit into splintergoo.

If you keep the Archon a modest distance from folk it's hard to score him as a Warlord VP, but even if you lean him in to the fray on foot or use him to capture an objective he's still competing for importance with the Farseer and Jetfighter, the main targets until the Scourges arrive to destroy tanks. Like for the amount of mayhem a Singing Spear Jetseer can do and how relatively easy it is to keep him out of harm's way or strategically PUT him in harm's way, I won't cry if my opponent wastes a ton of bullets taking down my Archon's Shadowfield.

Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 20:50

I don't think I would worry about a battalion at small games. The extra command points are cool but not necessary i think. Go for units that will absolutely pull their weight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List   750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 pt Wreck My Escalation League List
Page 1 of 1