THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven list for escalation league

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

Coven list for escalation league Empty
PostSubject: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 22:31

So the local Games Workshop is starting a escalation league. 500pts, no models can be painted yet. I already have a 1500pt list and to get to 1850pt I was going to add Coven choices. The league seems like a good way for me to buy my units and meet gamers in my area. But will this list get crushed?

Haemonculus w. Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun - 65pt

10x Kabalite Warriors w/Splinter Cannon in Raider w/Splinter Racks -170pt
4x Wracks in Venom w/Splinter Cannon -105pt
5x Wracks w/Liquifier Gun -60pt

Talos Pain Engine -100pt

I have little Anti-Tank... For those of you that have played 500pt leagues, will I end up playing most games against heavy armor? I have no idea what the meta will be like so any experience you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Or how do I tweak this to get some anti-tank in there.

Last edited by orestes85 on Fri May 24 2013, 22:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added points to list.)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 07:47

500 pt league? that should be fine, one dark lance is enough to destroy a couple of rhinos, I highly doubt there will be tanks unless someone is playing Imperial Guardsmen or Dark Eldar (hmmmm.....) but if you want some more dakka then trade the talos away for an elite choose of 3X trueborn with 2X Dark lances leaving 14 extra points to upgrade something.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 15:42

I would definately drop the Taloi and a wrack for more AT in the form of a ravager. 1 dark lance is never enough to kill even one vehicle.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 20:59

What if I drop the Venom Blade on the Haemonculus and upgraded the Talos to have a Twin-Linked Heat Lance? Or I could drop one of the Liquifier Guns. Since we are in store it will be a smaller table so the range on the Heat Lance might not be as big of an issue. I just think the Talos in close combat at this point level will give so many armies problems.

I already own two Ravagers, and since the league requires unpainted models I'd have to buy a new one which I don't really want to do.
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 21:01

So its really a question of two Dark Lance shots as Lord_Alino suggested or one Heat Lance.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 21:06

A few Blasterborn would probably be useful in place of the Talos. Next time the point limit is raise I'd say add the Talos back in. Darklance Trueborn aren't that good, in my opinion, and you do need a bit more AT.

Coven list for escalation league YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven list for escalation league   Coven list for escalation league I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven list for escalation league
Page 1 of 1