THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Peacock Color Scheme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Con Artist
Slave
Con Artist

Peacock Color Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Peacock Color Scheme   Peacock Color Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 02:54

I have always loved Dark Eldar and I finally got around to getting a start collecting box. I wanted ask around for a color scheme before I started throwing paints like a two year old. The idea is peacock colors so dark blue/purple to a lighter blue, then emerald and finally gold. Speaking specifically about kabalite warriors I wanted to start with nagaroth night washed with nuln oil or druchii violet so it is almost black. Then use Dave Taylor's Dark Eldar technique on From the Warp from that point on. What are your thoughts? How would you go about painting a peacock themed kabal? Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Color Scheme   Peacock Color Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 11:55

I would love it. Sounds very unique, very distinguished, and overall great looking.
I would suggest Gehenna Gold over Auric Gold Smile
Back to top Go down
Con Artist
Slave
Con Artist

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Color Scheme   Peacock Color Scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 13:57

Well do you think the purple is even worth doing? With it show up enough to look good? Should it maybe be dark blue blending into the light one?
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Color Scheme   Peacock Color Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 11:02

If you're not sure, just test various similar color scheme on cheap models, like used kabalites warriors.
When you are satisfied with one, apply to your whole army.

You can even clean the color afterward on those who you doesn't like (or it'll just add up some variety).

Another solution is to use templates, and try filling them with your colors (with photoshop, gimp, etc.).
They are lot on the internet..
Peacock Color Scheme De-tem10

Example of one filled
Peacock Color Scheme De-tem11

Don't hesitate to share us more visual stuff, it's always easier to comment on those Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peacock Color Scheme   Peacock Color Scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peacock Color Scheme
Page 1 of 1