THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!

Go down 
+4
Mushkilla
Mnemonic
Grub
Snatch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! Empty
PostSubject: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 16:31

Here is the list:

HQ-

Haemonculus with Venom Blade and Liquifier Gun(riding with Wych squad )
Haemonculus with Venom Blade and Liquifier Gun(riding with Wych squad )
Haemoncuclus with Venom Blade (riding with wracks)
Haemonculus with Venom Blade (riding with wracks)

Troops-

9 Wyches, including Hekatrix with Venom Blade and , Hydraganutlets, Haywire Grenades, all in a Raider
9 Wyches, including Hekatrix with Venom Blade and , Hydraganutlets, Haywire Grenades, all in a Raider
9 Wracks with a Liquifier Gun, all in a Raider
9 Wracks with a Liquifier Gun, all in a Raider
10 Kabalite Warriors with Splinter Cannon, Blaster, all in a Raider

Heavy Support-

1 Ravager with Night Shields
1 Ravager with Night Shields
1 Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons

Please criticise, congratulate and suggest!

Last edited by Snatch on Sun Sep 30 2012, 17:04; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 06:02

I like it a lot. I think your opponants might struggle with trying to get rid of your scoring units!

Personally I would drop the razorflails and hydra gauntlets on each wych squad and swap them for haywire grenades. Not even a full IG mech list can survive 20 haywires a turn- let alone if you throw them into a tank collumn then assault it!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Mnemonic
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 10:07

You cannot fit 10 wracks with a Haemy in a raider, you have to drop to 9 total wracks + the Haemy. Smile

Im gonna echo grub here on the wyches. HWGs are too efficient to pass up. And there is a dirty trick you can play on transport vehicles with them:

Take your 10 man squad as close to a transport as you can. When you move in to assault the transport, use all excess movement to surround the vehicle as much as possible, parking your raider close if feasible. The goal is to have no part of the vehicles hull further than 1.5 inches away from one of your wyches. Unleash the hellstorm of haywire attacks. If you do not explode the vehicle (rare), then you will most certainly wreck it - forcing them to take an emergency disembark. Any models they cannot fit outside of the vehicle without being within 1" of your models (.75 inch base! hench my 1.5 inch mark earlier) are removed as casualties. This means either a severely diminished squad taking leadership tests, or the best case scenario the squad is removed as casualties.

Having the grenades gives them too much utility to be passed up.

Also, if you can find the points anywhere, Phantasm Grenade Launchers are hard to pass up now. The defensive grenades provide a cover save against shooting attacks from models within 8" of you. Which means cover saves from Overwatch, serious lifesaver.

Also, try out this list a bunch, and see how those venom blades work out for you against several different armies. I found myself disliking them against anything but TEQ. Id rather have the power weapons (esp agonizers) to clear out models in combat. Helps prevent losing combat from lucky armor saves and makes better use of our high intiative IMO.

The VB is very good on the Mathhammer, but I found it to be little better than a simple close combat weapon most of the time. (Against terminators still really good though, forcing them to roll more dice is the best way to take them down when you dont have room for AP 2 weapons.)
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 16:10

Thanks for posting.

About the Haywire Grenades, yep, they're great and they were already there. Sorry, I just forgot to put that in!
Also the number of Wracks is a mistake.

It's interesting what you say abouth the VBs. Because so many player take loads of Termies now, i thought it would be a good idea. Im personally not a fan of the agoniser, although it is hugely effective gainst Monstrous Creatures.

I think perhaps a scattering of all these weapons throughout my troops. I'll do some editing on the list, then get back to you.

Thanks, and keep the thoughts coming in!

Very Happy

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 16:22

Personally I love VBlades, they are very effective for their price. For the price of 1 agoniser you get 4 venom blades. If you really want to put an agoniser in a wych squad you might as well get a succubus (as she is as effective as two agoaniser Hekatrixes, and has loads of other benefits: 2+ look out sir, etc).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 08:26

Yeah.. VBs.. awesome.

I think I'll definetly get PGL for the Wyches, since overwatch is such a problem for us. Maybe I'll take out the Razorflails to get enough spare points.

Razorflails are better on the Mathammer but Hydragauntlets can be golden if you get the Re-roll to wound drug. SO it would be Hydragauntletsrazorflails. That would be a nice weapon. I'll edit the list now.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 10:10

PGL is more useful then a wych weapon. Charging through cover with a 4+ save against overwatch is a life saver, especially now that fleet makes charging through terrain not as bad (fleet through terrain is more reliable then a unit without fleet charging in the open).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 15:53

The only downisde iss you have to be withing 8" of the enemy firing overwatch to get the save, but with our raiders and fleet this shoulndt be a problem.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 16:54

Only thing I'd suggest here is having the Heami ride with the wyches instead of the wracks to give them FnP, useful for resisitance against exploding vehicles or getting caught in the open. He can always stay on the raider when they hop off to assault something taking his PT with them.
Drop a wych from each squad and add a wrack to each wrack squad and it'll still give you full transports with FnP on each. I don't really think FC helps wracks with their poison blades anyway.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 23:45

kenny3760 wrote:
Only thing I'd suggest here is having the Heami ride with the wyches instead of the wracks to give them FnP, useful for resisitance against exploding vehicles or getting caught in the open. He can always stay on the raider when they hop off to assault something taking his PT with them.
Drop a wych from each squad and add a wrack to each wrack squad and it'll still give you full transports with FnP on each. I don't really think FC helps wracks with their poison blades anyway.

I agree with that set up. Although FC does help the wracks as they get to reroll to wound against T4 models. Which can be nice but yea I think the advantages of having wyches with FNP to start with are too good to pass up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 14:40

For some reason I had brainfail and imagined that wracks were S4. Still I'd rather have FnP on my wyches than give FC to wracks.
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 17:14

This is really killing me here...

This is what I came up with:

The main reason to get FnP is not to die so easily from shooting, right? Wyches can fair well enough using their Dodge (4+) invulnerable save in CC.

So, visualise this: A Haem with 9 Wyches are withing charging distance of some space marines. The hammie leaves the wyches and joins a wrack unit, taking the PT with him. The warcks assault something else as the wyches charge the marines, but if it's looking extra nasty for the wyches, and if there isnt any cover they could easily consolidate to, the Hammie can either stay with the wyches or just join the wracks but leave the wyches the PT.

The bad thigs about this is that it requires close co-ordination between my troops, so it won't be easily done if the enemy sets up his units very far away from each otherr.

Sound good?
P.S- thanks for the feedback. You are all helping ALOT. Keep it coming in.
(I'll make the edit now)

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 18:07

Just so you know. You can only join a squad or leave a squad in the movement phase. Sad

Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 19:26

Yeah, that's cool. It means I won't get FnP against overwatch but that's what PGL is there for. Very Happy

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 01:20

I'd put 2 liquifiers on each of the wrack squads. Flamers are so much better now in 6th edition and the liquifier is one of the best flamers in the game
P.s. Im also not sure about taking a haermy as a warlord... particularly if you are going to be putting him with wyches... sounds like a really easy slay the warlord point for the other guy...
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 16:06

Hammie is really there as a decent CC unit, and to help out with Pain Tokens. Hammies are never gonna be as good in combat as an Archon, but tactically they're very sound.
As for the point, if Eldar win, they win good, so it won't matter. (I'm talking about sweep-the-enemy-off-the-table good). If they lose, they lose bad ( I mean really really bad). I don't think one VP will make a difference in any case.

I think I will put some more liquifiers on the wracks. To do that I need to make room for 20 pts... maybe lose the night shields on the ravagers? I think they're less important because ravagers aren't as good as a wych squad with Haywire Grenades.

Any suggestions?

and once again, thanks for the posts. Smile

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 18:42

well dark eldar really are good at getting the secondary objectives. I've seen may a game where all of the objectives were contested and the player who won won purely on secondary objectives. But hey man, if you want to wipe the lesser races off the face of the table then I like you style and more power to you!!
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 19:51

Lo, thx.

That is the aim.

Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 17:01

Ok guys- major alterations have been made to the list. Namely, I've ditched some vehicle and acothyst upgrades for two more hammies. Now the wych and wrack squads get a hammie each. I also got rid of the PGL on wyches as FnP should keep them safe from Overwatch.

Post your thoughts and criticisms please.

Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 20:20

Do you think I should ditch one ravager. It's there for anti-mech support but HWG are really good... For the points I could get a ten man Wych squad, vanilla apart from HWG...

What do you guys think?

Slave

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 06:08

List looks fun. I would keep the ravager for alpha strike ability. I would also drop the venom blades on the wych heamies as I would want them to stay in their raider anyway. I would then use those points to upgrade the wrack heamies venom blades to power swords/axes/lances to make their low number of attacks have a bit more bite. It'd be nice to get a LG on your wrack heamies as well (worth one less dude in each squad to me).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!   My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 1.5k Tourney list- Advice Needed!
Page 1 of 1