THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?

Go down 
+7
Archon_91
Jimsolo
Lord Johan
Logan Frost
Squidmaster
Mppqlmd
FuelDrop
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?   Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 09:09

Ikol wrote:

TheShredder wrote:
It also doesn't allow for a basic to-wound roll. So if you have 5+ poison, but would normally wound your opponent on 4s, you still need 5s to wound.

Did 7th ed poison not do this?

I was of the impression that if an equal or better Wound roll was available through other means, the Poison(x+) rule allowed you to reroll.
Am I incorrect?

7th edition poison did, yes. I was saying that you would need to reword the 8th edition poison for this to work.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?   Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 09:53

Fair, fair.

The point I intended to raise, (though looking back I didn't state it clearly) was that 'Poisoned' is not a rule in 8th ed.

Some weapons have an ability that gives a fixed Wound roll against non-vehicles and a poorer fixed Wound roll against Vehicles.

That's all.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?   Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 10:38

Ikol wrote:
Fair, fair.

The point I intended to raise, (though looking back I didn't state it clearly) was that 'Poisoned' is not a rule in 8th ed.

Some weapons have an ability that gives a fixed Wound roll against non-vehicles and a poorer fixed Wound roll against Vehicles.

That's all.

That's true, but we still call call them 'poisoned', because it's a lot easier to write than 'fixed to-wound roll'. Razz

Same as how we still tend to refer to deep-strike-type deployment as deep strike, instead of whatever the hell it's actually called now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?   Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 10:47

That's the problem with a system that has no "USR" and only specific special rules.
We continue to refer to them with the old USR

PostSubject: Re: Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?   Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fluff wise: Rifle or SMG/Carbine?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2