THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rifle Ranges?

Go down 
+5
Burnage
Imateria
Mppqlmd
URIEN
FuelDrop
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 07:47

So been looking around. As a general rule, guns with the term "Rifle" in 40k tend to have long range, 30" plus. Pulse Rifle, Bolt Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Ranger Long Rifle, Rail Rifle...

Then we get the Splinter Rifle. 24" range. On a gun that's the same height as the model wielding it.

Maybe we can hope for a 30" range on our rifles. It would be a serious edge for us, giving us a more viable ability to engage at long range for cut and run tactics.
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 08:50

Come to think of it yeah, I'd happily have the increased range anyway xD
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 10:02

Bonus range is something doctrines can give, so i wouldn't be surprised to see some kabal having extra range. I doubt they would change all Splinter rifles to 30", though.

And i don't care too much, i'd rather see rifles wound more reliably than have them gain some range.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 10:24

Tbh I would like the 30 inch range, and to have shardcarbines be an upgrade option (say 1-2 points) for anything that comes with a rifle standard. That extra 6" helps it be a more meaningful choice than having a 24" rapid fire vs 18" assault 3.

Really, I just want Shardcarbines and Ghostplate to be available to more than a single unit! It's a great gun, but the only unit that gets it will swap it out in practically every instance due to being a special/heavy weapon focused unit!

I want at least Trueborn to be able to upgrade to Shardcarbine and Ghostplate, and Archons taking ghostplate should be a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 10:27

Quote :
I want at least Trueborn to be able to upgrade to Shardcarbine and Ghostplate, and Archons taking ghostplate should be a no brainer.
Shardcarbines for Trueborns would be very, very cool Smile
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 10:28

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :
Shardcarbines for Trueborns would be very, very cool Smile

We could do it in 5th edition. Cannot remember if you could take Ghostplate as well.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 10:29

According to the wiki we could do both Smile
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 13:53

Sybarites, Dracons and Archons could take Ghostplate back in 5th, never a full squad save Scourges who had it basic. Archons could also take Ghostplate in 7th. Trueborn could take Shardcarbines in 5th and I can't remember if they could or not in 7th.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:09

URIEN wrote:
Sybarites, Dracons and Archons could take Ghostplate back in 5th, never a full squad save Scourges who had it basic. Archons could also take Ghostplate in 7th. Trueborn could take Shardcarbines in 5th and I can't remember if they could or not in 7th.
Archons could not take Ghostplate Armour in 7th and Trueborn lost the Shradcarbine upgrade for 7th as well.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:17

FuelDrop wrote:
Really, I just want Shardcarbines and Ghostplate to be available to more than a single unit! It's a great gun, but the only unit that gets it will swap it out in practically every instance due to being a special/heavy weapon focused unit!

Sslyth get Shardcarbines too, just FYI.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:24

Burnage wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:

Sslyth get Shardcarbines too, just FYI.
... true. not exactly spammable, but true.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:26

24" is pretty much the standard range for the basic gun on most troops. The Bolt Rifle and Pulse Rifle are defintiely odd ones out for their extra range but Shurican Catapults are only 12 or 18".

I see no reason to change the range of our rifles, the name least of all. The way poison works is a more pressing concern.
Back to top Go down
WS0007
Hellion
WS0007

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:36

Seeing as how the IG got a trait for 30 inch range I could see the Obsidian Rose Kabal get something like that, they are the best weapon manufactures in Commorragh
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:42

I think having more range on infantry is more important for footslogging infantry.
Our infantry is very fast and doesn't really need to be able to shoot at 30".

Well-manufactured weapon can have other things than a better range. Rerolls, wounding on 3+, AP-1... any of those would be more useful than +6" i think.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 14:58

In 7th the archon could take the armour of misery, which is a ghostplate with a LD debuff.

As for the range of the rifles, ours are the longest ranged ones in function of our open topped transports.
No other faction has an effective threat range of 40" (16 venom mov+24) with basic troop weapons.
Back to top Go down
WS0007
Hellion
WS0007

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30 2017, 15:15

Mppqlmd wrote:
I think having more range on infantry is more important for footslogging infantry.
Our infantry is very fast and doesn't really need to be able to shoot at 30".

Well-manufactured weapon can have other things than a better range. Rerolls, wounding on 3+, AP-1... any of those would be more useful than +6" i think.

Better AP would be nice and we may see it, but if you look at the traits in every book so far they are very similar to each other. In fact I would even go so far to say that the have all ready completed each codex except for tweaks based on feedback from the index to make adjustments.
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 11:10

Shardcarbines on Reavers would be pretty sweet otherwise make the splinter rifle on them a twin rifle.

I don't have a problem so much with the Splinter Rifle or the way poison works either...it is the lack of alternative options that hurt.

If they do bring back some wargear on the Raiders that allow re-rolls or fire twice then boom we are back where we wanna be.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 07:55

Mppqlmd wrote:
According to the wiki we could do both Smile

According to the pdf I have here...

5th ed trueborn were BADASS.
12ppm, same statline as ever, with the Dracon having 1 Wound and 3 Attacks.
Unit size of 3-10.

Fleet, Night Vision and Power from Pain.

Coming standard with a Splinter Rifle and Kabalite Armour.

Any model could exchange their Splinter Rifle for a:
Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon (free)
Shardcarbine (5ppm)

Up to four could replace their Splinter Rifle with a:
Shredder (5ppm)
Blaster(15ppm)
Up to two could replace their Splinter Rifle with a:
Splinter Cannon (15ppm)
Dark Lance (25ppm)
The entire Squad could take any of the following:
Plasma Grenades (1ppm)
Haywire Grenades (2ppm)

The Dracon upgrade (an extra Attack and wargear access) was 5 points.
A Dracon could take
Ghostplate (10)
Phantasm Grenade Launcher (20)
Could replace Splinter Pistol with a Blast Pistol (15)
Could replace Close Combat Weapon with:
Venom Blade (5)
Power Weapon (10)
Agoniser (20)
I think it was assumed that the Dracon would first exchange their rifle for the free pistol and CCW combo.

And the entire squad could take a Raider or Venom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rifle Ranges? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Ranges?   Rifle Ranges? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rifle Ranges?
Page 1 of 1