THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles

Go down 
+6
Arrex
Local_Ork
1++
Raneth
theblackjackal
Grub
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
Grub

DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles Empty
PostSubject: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 02:05

Just thought it would be a good idea to compile all known tactica for the DE, a list of what you always need to do and what you shouldn't do. Please feel free to add or disagree Smile
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 02:19

Basic Rules:
1) Be manoeuvrable- the best defence is to not be where the enemy is shooting. Being static as DE is suicide

2) Transports and WWP are your friends, never footslog, get in close and hit hard fast, also our feeble troops are much better protected in a vehicle/ or CC

3) Keep it unfair- overwhelm an enemy, create a bloodbath. Obviously prioritise targets but focusing your army in one place will reduce your casualties and annihilate others. Flanking 1000 points all down one side into 500 points will easily reduce that to 0 points

4) Objectives are for lazy players- in objective games just kill everything then turbo boost/ use the great movement range from transports to take objectives last turn

5) Versatility- don't put all your eggs in 1 basket, keep a fluid force that compliment one another/ e.g blaster on warriors, haywire grenades on Wyches, blaster on Reavers, shard carbines on Scouges

Last edited by Grub on Sun Nov 06 2011, 01:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 03:22

6: Be cunning - Always have a cunning plan up your sleeve, the more the better.
7: Be evil - Make sure your maniacal laughter when you slaughter your enemies is full and well-rehearsed.
8: No frontal assaults - Leave the pinnacle of Space Marine tactical genius to the lesser races. Hit them in the flanks where it hurts instead of rushing headlong into their firebase.
9: Remember your target priority - anything that takes down your transports, then enemy transports, then enemy Troops units, then everything else. Don't allow yourself to be distracted by the shiny Land Raider; take out those Rhinos and Razorbacks first!
10: Play on your terms - If that enemy unit is good at shooting, kill it in close combat. If it's a monster in close combat, gun it down with overwhelming firepower. If it's a static unit, play hide-and-seek with it. If it's mobile, make it un-mobile. If it has only short-ranged or rapid-firing weapons, kite it by staying just out of reach.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 01:07

11: Read the Art of War.
12: Bribe the umpire with food and the promise of slaves.
13: Model some ******* Pain tokens so you'll stop forgetting about them.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 01:13

14: Roll your Combat Drugs - not a game maker/breaker but can help in some situations
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 01:48

15: "Hint hint" - If You still forget about some rules, write them with big letters on white piece of paper (preferably with red marher/blood) and have near You. Big "Waaaaaagh!" or "roll for **** Combat Drugs!" may look funny, but after few games of constant using Your rules You SHOULD remember about them.

16: Fight healthy - Never, EVER combine alcohol and dice. Same with cigs/fags and big ammounts coffee. Also don't fight after "long night" and withour brakefast. Discomfort make You careless.

17: MSU - is king, this is how ruleset works.

18: ALWAYS fill Troop slots before everything else - with exception to mandatory HQ.

19: Decisions - people don't like/know how to choose, so allow them make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 05:13

Best game I played recently was very defensive, hiding and shooting, avoiding enemy guns, then pouncing when they got too close. DE are not really a direct assault army, to say the least...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 05:38

Arrex wrote:
DE are not really a direct assault army, to say the least...
Well...rather, DE are not *exclusively* a direct assault army. But certainly direct assault works for them, there's no question about that.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 05:47

Hiding, sneaking around is pretty much how I play Turn 1 and Turn 2......I try to deny my opponent as much as possible in these early stages, force him to play to my style and not the other way around.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 14:34

20. You can NEVER have too many dark lance and blaster shots in your army. NEVER
Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 18:02

I would strongly advise to take all the points and add them in the first or second post and do some text editing to make it appealing to read.

i.e.

Basic Rules:
1) Be manoeuvrable- The best defence is to not be where the enemy is shooting. Being static as DE is suicide

2) Transports and WWP - They are your friends, never footslog, get in close and hit hard fast, also our feeble troops are much better protected in a vehicle/ or CC

3) Keep it unfair- Overwhelm an enemy, create a bloodbath. Obviously prioritise targets but focusing your army in one place will reduce your casualties and annihilate others. Flanking 1000 points all down one side into 500 points will easily reduce that to 0 points

4) Objectives are for lazy players- In objective games just kill everything then turbo boost/ use the great movement range from transports to take objectives last turn

5) Versatility- Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket, keep a fluid force that compliment one another/ e.g blaster on warriors, haywire grenades on Wyches, blaster on Reavers, shard carbines on Scouges

Code:
[b]1) Be manoeuvrable[/b]-[color=gray] The best defence is to not be where the enemy is shooting. Being static as DE is suicide

[/color][b]2) Transports and WWP[/b] - [color=gray]They are your friends, never footslog, get in close and hit hard fast, also our feeble troops are much better protected in a vehicle/ or CC

[/color][b]3) Keep it unfair[/b]- [color=gray]Overwhelm an enemy, create a bloodbath. Obviously prioritise targets but focusing your army in one place will reduce your casualties and annihilate others. Flanking 1000 points all down one side into 500 points will easily reduce that to 0 points

[/color][b]4) Objectives are for lazy players[/b]- [color=gray]In objective games just kill everything then turbo boost/ use the great movement range from transports to take objectives last turn

[/color][b]5) Versatility[/b]- [color=gray]Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket, keep a fluid force that compliment one another/ e.g blaster on warriors, haywire grenades on Wyches, blaster on Reavers, shard carbines on Scouges
[/color]

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 21:36

Local_Ork wrote:

16: Fight healthy - Never, EVER combine alcohol and dice. Same with cigs/fags and big ammounts coffee. Also don't fight after "long night" and withour brakefast. Discomfort make You careless.

What? alcohol is integral to wargaming!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 11:43

21) Lull your opponent into a false sense of security, if he/she feels they are in the stronger position they will overlook the strengths of your army e.g/ a terminator squad stomping after some warriors only to be cut down by the ravagers dissies that all of sudden was there

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles   DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE 101: A list of working tactics and play styles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: