THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mortal
Slave
X-Mortal

Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa Empty
PostSubject: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 11:02

Drukhari Raiders, the Serpents of the Black Pyramid

Archon, agonizer/blast pistol
Archon, Husk blade/splinter pistol
Succubus, Agonizer/Archite Glaive
Succubus, Splinter Pistol/Archite Glaive
2 Kabalite Warrior units of 10
1 Trueborn unit of 10 on a raider
2 units Hellions
3 units Reavers
1 unit Wyches

vs

1500 Emperor's Children
2 chaos cultist units of 10
1 unit of 10 CSM
2 Exalted Champions
2 Chaos Lords
1 Daemon prince
1 six man chosen unit
1 unit of 5 possessed
1 5 man raptor unit
1 chaos bastion

------------------------------

6 Turns

Battle Summary

Daemon Prince had Intoxicating Elixer, the EC Warlord Trait, and Diabolic Strength, and used all these to power up to 8 Att and 10 st, the Reavers charged foolishly and 2 units died in one fight phase. The other units concentrated fire and destroyed the DP. The Raider and the Trueborn blasted dark lances into the Bastion. The Hellions massed and destroyed a cult unit and the combat got messy, many charges many casualties on both sides. The Raider went down in turn three and some trueborn were lost, but the Dracon fought to the last. A Chaos Lord defeated an Archon, but the Archon left him weak to the charging Hellions and they finished that fight. The Bastion had taken 15 dmg already and the CSM disembarked and fought the true born. Soon only an Exalted champion faced A succubus, and archon and the Dracon, And a Succubus was fighting the Raptor Sgt.

<Drukhari Victory>

<lessons/analysis>

Cut power swords off the Dracon and on Sybarite and replaced with Agonizers, power swords not effective vs Astartes. Will not charge a roided up DP again.

...End Transmission.....

Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 23:09

Excellent work and congrats on the victory!

I read somewhere, might've been 1d4chan, that power swords win out against lower Toughness opponents, like T3, more or less equal on T4-T5, and is worse against T6 or higher in comparison to the Agonizer. Food for thought! Anything surprise you in the match? The frailty of hellions against cultists?

Slave
X-Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 07:25

I found the Hellions useful. The Emperor's Children would tear them apart in the fight phase but they can keep falling back and charging. The Splinter pods were lame, but the Melee weapons were able to harm Astartes. I have a Dark Angel Army and a EC army, so all my Band can fight is T4. I was kinda of mad that I kept hitting the Exalted Champion and not wounding, pretty much 8 or 9 wasted wounds with power swords.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 19:38

What combat drugs did you use?
Back to top Go down
X-Mortal
Slave
X-Mortal

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 03:33

I used Random Drugs, next time I will probably not do that as a +1st here and there would be better than rolling 3 +2 mvmts etc
the break down was
Hellion Unit 1 +2m
Hellion Unit 2 +2m
White Succubus +1St
red succubus +1WS
Reaver unit 1 +1WS
reaver Unit 2 +1T
reaver unit 3 +1st
WYCHES +1At (which I forgot a lot)

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 19:55

Awesome, I actually like using the random drugs as it makes me think on my feet and change my strategy on the fly as each unit gets different buffs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa   Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realspace Raid ; Elgaballa
Page 1 of 1