THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus

Go down 
+33
RegoCrux
dumpeal
WildCandy
Dalamar
Silverglade
Gorgon
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Rhivan
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Skulnbonz
Count Adhemar
Imateria
Subsanity
hekatrixxy
URIEN
Squidmaster
LordSplata
FuelDrop
Devilogical
krayd
Calyptra
lcfr
Burnage
Hellstrom
Mppqlmd
Marrath
Garion
Sarkesian
masamune
Archon_91
amishprn86
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 11:25

Yeah that's what I thought. Pretty much been 7 for each codex.

Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 16:18

They bumped up the toughness of some of the wraith units without a points increase so hopefully we will see the same treatment for our covens units like grotesques and taloi.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 16:38

And the spiritseer has gone from 66pts to 45pts. Considering all his new special rules, that's pretty nuts.

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 16:41

Warhammer Community said five in the announcement article, and five again in the Iyanden focus article.

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 17:59

Devilogical wrote:
krayd wrote:
I'm slightly disappointed that the announcement specifically mentions there being 5 craftworld traits in the new book. I was hoping that they would add one or two more to the big 5... like, say, Altansar.

It was obvious, that they will do traits and stuff for big five only. But i think they will mention, that if you want to play different craftworld, you have to pick one of traits in the book.

And i was hoping for Altansar rules as well... Sad

I'm hoping that will be the case, and that they continue this trend for other codices.. specifically the DE one when they get around to it. I like the additional latitude that it gives me in choosing the rules for my army when playing with a homegrown kabal.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 18:31

Calyptra wrote:
Warhammer Community said five in the announcement article, and five again in the Iyanden focus article.
This, i only read 5 Cratfworlds too, where do you guys see seven? am i blind?

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 18:37

Posted this in the front, just to make sure everyone saw here it is again

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 21:34

Excitement!!! The first one they preview is the one I'm interested in Very Happy I finally get to play iyanden again! But now I have to wait for the codex to see all the rules and complete psychic chart for it ... Welp I now have a codex to run around with while I wait on the Druhkari one ... But it kinda looks like Iyanden is the Eldar version of the DG (high toughness but really slow) and that IG doctrine that doubles the vehicle wounds to determine degradation ... Didn't see anything about wraithblade/guard becoming troops though ... Eh oh well
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 21:45

I think my next army will be Wraithgaurd!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 07:25

I don't really like Wraiths for myself... my favorite models from the CW range are Warwalkers. I love the "Star Wars, the Empire strikes back" feeling around them.

Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 12:17

I've always been a striking scorpions person myself. My first miniature ever was a scorpion Exarch, and then I almost made a Scorpion army complete with Scorpion elites, storm guardians (scorpion initiates) and scorpion wraithlords complete with shurken mandiblasters.

But I only got as far as the wraithlord....
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 14:50

Mppqlmd wrote:
And the spiritseer has gone from 66pts to 45pts. Considering all his new special rules, that's pretty nuts.
The Spiritseer was complete junk in the index. And it hasn't gained special rules, what we've seen is a relic, a strategem and one of the returning Runes of Battle Psychic powers. That relic can wipe out the unit you buff if you're unlucky, and the Strategem will only be good if the Spirit Mark special rule has been rewritten because at the moment you need to be within 6" of an enemy unit for it to work, which is absolutely not where you want your characters to be.

All of these things combined might make the Spiritseer worthwhile, we will see.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 15:13

Ulthwe get a 6+++ save which doesn't stack with similar saves, Eldrad is cheaper, Autarchs are buffed and Mind War is back as a decent option for killing those pesky Commissars etc.

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 15:27

So ulthwe get our 6++, but they get it for vehicles too. Great.

Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Looks like guardians get rerolls on hit of 1   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 17:00

Link to what I saw on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Eldar40k/permalink/1382567468556224/

If they get the ability we better get the same just saying.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 18:32

Assuming the vehicles get to have the faction trait, then yes.

However, I'm WAY more excited about Eldrad's rules, for two reasons. The first is that they're ADDING LD shenanigan mechanics to the game, which means Freakshows might come back around as a possibility, and that it's now much more likely we'll see more Freakshow-adjacent material as time goes on.

TWO, it tells us that stacking LD negatives is VERY MUCH how things are intended to work. So everyone who accuses a Freakshow player of 'gaming the system' or 'exploiting loopholes' can eat a fat one!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 18:33

I assume/hope that there will be at least one Ulthwe strategem that affects their psykers.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 18:33

Merged extraneous topic.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 19:33

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 20:53

There is one thing I'm not that excited about ... Eldar just got a relic that is a worse version of one the imperial guard have ... They get command points back on a 5+ when their opponents use one (and I think they also have one that let's them get it back when they spend one on a 5+ as well played a guard player over the weekend and that's what happened at any rate) and the eldar one is only on a 6+ they get it back ... But other then that small thing ... I'm looking g forward to the Craftworld codex Smile
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 21:11

That is an autarch ability isn't it? They didn't release a relic today
Either way while the 6+ get a cp back is pretty terrible, having the re roll 1s is a nice secondary element

Running this guy w dark reapers will mean they almost doesn't miss, even without guide. Not bad. And it works on tanks! Imagine ravagers w that and power from patience...
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 21:19

Quote :
Either way while the 6+ get a cp back is pretty terrible, having the re roll 1s is a nice secondary element

They already had the reroll 1's. They just added the "CP refund", and it's a nice little extra touch. On big games it can mean 2 extra CP, and noone is spitting on +2 CP.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 21:21

So it is ... I was thrown for a loop with the part the if on prince Yriel it only effects Iyanden models ... Which made me think it was a relic and not an ability, thank you for pointing that out Smile
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 21:31

So people are sayong GW said on facebook (I cant find, hard on my phone) that they are hiding some "good" rules for this Fridays game on warhammer tv.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 23:58

They're leaving us holding out collective beatsticks until they can show off the cool stuff on Friday. Whether this is to unveil something awesome and new or to stave off the disappointment for at least a week I dunno but I'm willing to take bets.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: