THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus

Go down 
+33
RegoCrux
dumpeal
WildCandy
Dalamar
Silverglade
Gorgon
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Rhivan
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Skulnbonz
Count Adhemar
Imateria
Subsanity
hekatrixxy
URIEN
Squidmaster
LordSplata
FuelDrop
Devilogical
krayd
Calyptra
lcfr
Burnage
Hellstrom
Mppqlmd
Marrath
Garion
Sarkesian
masamune
Archon_91
amishprn86
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 02:16

I'm still confused by how the Ynnari are going to interact with stuff like Craftworld traits. The live stream said they didn't get any rules, but what exactly is stopping a purely Craftworlds Ynnari detachment from using a particular trait? Just shove the Warlord into a separate detachment.

Have there been any leaks clarifying this?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 02:17

You have to have ALL units in the detachment to have craftworld keyword, the 3 Ynnari units dont have craftworld keyword.

From everything i'm seeing this is how it is.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 02:30

amishprn86 wrote:
You have to have ALL units in the detachment to have craftworld keyword, the 3 Ynnari units dont have craftworld keyword.

From everything i'm seeing this is how it is.

I assume that there are exceptions made for Phoenix Lords, like exceptions are made for certain chaos marine characters (like Fabius Bile) when they are placed in a specific Legion detachment (i.e. characters that don't affect battle-forged status, but do not benefit from the traits themselves).
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 02:41

Yeah i assume that too, but i was talking to someone with the book and they told me that. Tho we will find out in a week.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 10:59

I don't see any reason why a pure CWE detachment in a Ynnari army wouldn't benefit from Craftworld rules as long as you keep the mandatory Ynnari HQ in a separate detachment.

Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 13:35

Burnage wrote:
I'm still confused by how the Ynnari are going to interact with stuff like Craftworld traits. The live stream said they didn't get any rules, but what exactly is stopping a purely Craftworlds Ynnari detachment from using a particular trait? Just shove the Warlord into a separate detachment.

The codex has a rule that means if you have any Ynnari units in your army (note it says army, not detachment) then you lose ObSec and Craftworld traits on Craftworld units. Lawrence from TTT read the rule out verbatem at the when going over his Ulthwe army for his most recent battle report which is on youtube.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 14:36

Imateria wrote:
Burnage wrote:

The codex has a rule that means if you have any Ynnari units in your army (note it says army, not detachment) then you lose ObSec and Craftworld traits on Craftworld units. Lawrence from TTT read the rule out verbatem at the when going over his Ulthwe army for his most recent battle report which is on youtube.

He was either ommiting some stuff due to time constrains or this will be errated quickly, like taking Coven Detachements with Ynnari Detachements.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 16:12

The rule is for CWE not for Ynnari, the rules states you cant use Crawftworld Abilities or have ObjSec with a CWE Codex Warlord to get to use the CWE codex Stratagems, b.c you can still use many of the stratagems.

If you are detachment is Ynnari only with DE or Harlequins HQ's you still wont have ObjSec without Chapter Approve but will when that comes out.

Last edited by amishprn86 on Sun Oct 22 2017, 22:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 22:26

Imateria wrote:
Burnage wrote:

I just watched this video - he states that A Lethal Elegance reads that if a detachment contains any Ynnari units, then it is no longer a Craftworlds detachment and loses Objective Secured and Craftworld attributes.

So; running a Craftworlds detachment alongside a Ynnari detachment is fine. You just can't mix and match.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 22:31

So i was a bit off, you still can have an Eldar HQ then. Good.

Edit: But i was going by someone i know with the book and only got to talk to him for a few minutes.

Back to top Go down
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 12:22

Has anybody seen what the "Webway strike" stratagem in the Eldar codex does?
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 12:29

Go back to page 5, list of stratagems there.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 12:34

2 CP Lightning Fast Reactions: Asuryani Infantry or Fly unit targeted in Shooting or Fight phase is at -1 to hit for phase.

+ Conceal.

+ Craftworld.

+ Hard to Hit.

total of -4 to hit...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 12:38

I thought Conceal now says Infantry and bikes only?

Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 12:38

Honestly, since you shoot weapons one at a time, and everything has splitfire, this is hardly broken. You're spending 2 CP to make your opponent change target (for the rest of his weapons). Useful, but not broken at all.

Quote :
I thought Conceal now says Infantry and bikes only?

You can reach -4 on infantry units that have Hard to Hit : rangers for example.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 12:58

Or shadow Specters Smile

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:08

Probably not broken, but definitely insane. you DEFINITELY want flamers to deal with rangers.

Ooh, Conceal rangers marching out in front of all your characters!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:16

After the Nids book, with Eldar book and the new IG nerf, Melee might be very strong and b.c melee is strong and -1/-2 to hit is the norm, you might see meta shift to flamers.

If so i'm playing SOB again (i have like 20 flamer models)

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:28

amishprn86 wrote:
After the Nids book, with Eldar book and the new IG nerf, Melee might be very strong and b.c melee is strong and -1/-2 to hit is the norm, you might see meta shift to flamers.

If so i'm playing SOB again (i have like 20 flamer models)

I thought every single Sister of Battle was handed a combi-flamer when ordained, to better allow them to purify through both bolt and flame?
Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 928

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:46

hahaha, yeah well when they are 10$ per 1 model and (in the past) you wanted at least 1 per unit (It used to be 1 flamer 1 melt per 5) back in the day when a Tac squad for 10 guys was 28.50$ and a SOB 5man was 40$ you only bought the very minimum you needed lol.

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:52

I honestly love all the armies, but Sisters is one of my favorites. And they should totally have combi flamers be standard issue, with the special weapons troopers getting the option of combi meltas.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 14:22

FuelDrop wrote:
Probably not broken, but definitely insane. you DEFINITELY want flamers to deal with rangers.

Ooh, Conceal rangers marching out in front of all your characters!

Alaitoc Ranger spam is almost certainly going to be a viable tactic. If nothing else, you could spend a few hundred points to shut down Deep Strike shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 23:42

It is defintitely tempting to use rangers as troops in my de/ynnari army, a lot of options and fear on the opponents behalf on how I'm going to use them and which character is going to get assassinated.

Cheap soul bursted rangers blasting down my enemies characters w two or threee shooting phases a turn. Yes please.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 00:41

@FuelDrop : Where is this picture from ? Looks gorgeous *-*

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 00:44

No idea. It crops up on the internet from time to time, but I think it's just a one off rather than part of an anime or something Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6