THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus

Go down 
+33
RegoCrux
dumpeal
WildCandy
Dalamar
Silverglade
Gorgon
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Rhivan
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Skulnbonz
Count Adhemar
Imateria
Subsanity
hekatrixxy
URIEN
Squidmaster
LordSplata
FuelDrop
Devilogical
krayd
Calyptra
lcfr
Burnage
Hellstrom
Mppqlmd
Marrath
Garion
Sarkesian
masamune
Archon_91
amishprn86
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 21:45

I want my ravagers to shoot twice if they don't move. Leman russ can and their gun are way better than 3 dark lance shot. How many shot does have a stationary punisher? 20?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 21:51

I'm DE, i dont want to NEVER "Not move for a bonus".

I want to be Raiding your army of all its goodies, i want to be in your face f*^%ing your S!%& up.

I want to DS 3 Raiders in your face with 150 poison shots with 3-4 Ravagers speeding up to deliver a large punch then my Incubi, Wyches and Mandrakes all tackle you, hog tie you and then give your soul to Slaanesh so that i can live for a long time without worry.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 22:00

Well I think it's a fairly good chance that we will be getting WWP back as a stratagem ... Seeing as CWE have it now
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 22:37

Quote :
I want my ravagers to shoot twice if they don't move.

Well i don't. I don't want to see GW copy-pasta the same 3 buffs to every single army in the entire game. That would be horrific, lazy design.

+, bonus while stationary does indeed go against everything DE stand for.

I'd be more keen to see something like : "All our vehicles get a "Hard to hit" equivalent when they advance". And/or allow ravagers to advance without penalty to hit.

Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 22:46

I get what you mean, but we're out gunned. We need more offensive options.
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 22:53

I'd like to see "+1 to hit when within 12" of target" or something like that Smile
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 22:53

Ravagers and the Bomber is amazing, we already shoot more high str shots for less points on a fly vehicle with assault weapons.

Those other vehicle were trash and instead of making a t7 12w vehicle cost 100pts they wanted them to remain 160+ but instead had them shoot twice with a negative.

We need solid AI not more AT.

I'd rather see us ave Dbl shots with all poison.

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 22:56

So something like "rapid 4" on rifles and "rapid 12" on splinter cannons?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 23:01

Yep, basically making them Twin Link (8th Twin link not 7th)

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 23:05

Guardians, 20man unit, DSing/Infiltrate on an objective with re-rolls of 1's, 4++/6+++ and another 1 CP to move 7" after they shoot.

WHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 23:56

I'm liking the liberal application of point dropping for CWE. Drukhari might get the same. Which would be good.

I'd rather see buffs to put them good enough to be at the points they are now however.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 03:51

Well, this codex review just got posted to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOT-PTzfFIA&feature=youtu.be

I listened to some of it... but my attention span was not sufficient to get past 15 minutes. So you who have better focus than I.. have at it!

Re: Wraithknights, it appears that the base cost of the WK is unchanged - *however*, apparently heavy weapons costs are down, and it appears that there are several stratagems which could be very good if used on a WK, so there is that.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 16:43

Can i post all the leaked Stratagems? Or is that against the rules? If not let me know an i'll remove.

Stratagems:
1 CP Matchless Agility: Asuryani advance 6" instead of d6"
1 CP Celestial Shield: Guardian gets 4++ for shooting phase
1 CP Cloud Strike: Fly Vehicle deep strikes, including transports, end of phase
1 or 3 CP Webway Strike: 1 or 2 Asuryani infantry or bikers deep strike, can't use if used Cloud Strike
1 or 3 CP Treasures of the Craftworld: extra relics
2 CP Forewarned: unit within 6" of Farseer can shoot at deep striker as if your shooting phase
1 CP Great Enemy: friendly Asuryani unit re-rolls failed fight wounds vs Slaanesh
1 CP Concordance of Power: Warlock Conclave doubles range of a successfully manifested power
1 CP Unparalleled Mastery: when Farseer successfully manifests last power, can attempt another power
2 CP Feigned Retreat: Asuryani shoots and charges after falling back
1 CP Linked Fire: Prisms link
2 CP Lightning Fast Reactions: Asuryani Infantry or Fly unit targeted in Shooting or Fight phase is at -1 to hit for phase
1 CP Supreme Disdain: Asuryani fights in fight phase, hit rolls of 6+ give you an extra attack
1 CP Overloaded Energy Field Projectors: Serpent that already discharged its shield can do so again
1 CP Starclock(?) Missiles: when Asuryani Infantry attacks a Fly with an AML, single hit roll, +1 to hit, d3 mortal wounds
Seer Council: if Farseer is within 6" of Warlock, +1 to all psychic tests for both for that phase
1 CP Fire and Fade: Asuryani moves 7" after shooting, can't charge
2 CP Runes of Witnessing: re-roll wounds of 1 for all units within 6" of a specific Farseer for a phase
2 CP Phantasm: redeploy up to 3 Asuryani units, including transports
2 CP Tears of Isha: Wraith Construct heals d3
Vaul's Might: if two support weapons within 6" of each other, re-roll wounds of 1 for both
3 CP Avatar Resurgent: avatar resurrection

Last edited by amishprn86 on Sat Oct 21 2017, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 18:24

dumpeal wrote:
I get what you mean, but we're out gunned. We need more offensive options.

Hmm, i don't really think we're outgunned in the AT department. The Fire Prism was almost unplayable in the Index, and is now pretty decent. The ravager was golden in the Index, and giving him the same rule would make things completly ridiculous.

Something that would be interesting would be : the ravager rerolls to wound if he shoots at the closest target. It would emphatize movement, positionning, and would force you to play it like a goddam DE would.

Hellion
RegoCrux

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 18:39

Cloud Strike uses standard 'end of movement phase' appearance. So no, you cannot disembark.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 19:57

RegoCrux wrote:
Cloud Strike uses standard 'end of movement phase' appearance. So no, you cannot disembark.

Edited thanks, let me know if anything else might be off.

Back to top Go down
Luthon
Slave
Luthon

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 22:39

amishprn86 wrote:
Can i post all the leaked Stratagems? Or is that against the rules? If not let me know an i'll remove.

Stratagems:
2 CP Forewarned: unit within 6" of Farseer can shoot at deep striker as if your shooting phase

That right there is like what I've been looking for my DE for since 8th began. I hope we get something similar but I doubt it but this is probably why I would splash CWE in my DE lists cause it gives me a chance to dent a deep striking unit with say a triple dissie ravager, and psychic defense that DE desperately need.

I'm thinking something like a spearhead detachment with a farseer and 3 fire prism or 3 dark reapers depending on how much points I have available or maybe even just a patrol detachment. I guess my only question is it any unit or asyurian units only?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 22:50

Those stratagems are severely underwhelming. Also half of them shouldn't cost command points.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 00:14

So, it looks like 2/5 craftworld abilities are matched to the right craftworld.
many of the Stratagems are also very underwhelming, but that makes sense: Eldar aren't exactly known for being strategic. /s

All in all I am feeling very disappointed by the leaks. Assuming that GW put their best stuff on display, I am not looking forwards to this codex.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 01:12

Im happy with many of the stratagems, they are overly strong like but they are still good and has some tactics to them.

It really opens up a lot of game play for sure.

DSing Guardians, Shiny Spears, Shadow Specters, then you can also move 7".
4++/6+++ on guardians makes them useful for a turn or 2, more so than now. a turn 3 DS of a guardian unit that will stick for an extra turn getting an objective could be game changing.

Or against AL Khorne Zerkers, they DS you shoot them.

If you play with a couple Fire Prism you only need to have 1 in LoS now as well, thats really nice, b.c if you dont move you get to dbl shoot and without the -1 to hit.

Also the WL traits are cool, one lets your WL gain snipe rule (target a character) ANY model can be your WL, think of Exarchs (Dark Reaper) that can have Ignore LoS shooting or an Autach with re-roll 1's and a Reaper Launch.

Im really happy about them honestly, it doesnt add as much straight forward OP things, but will add game play and i want game play.

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 01:16

Phantasm is a godsend vs something that hits you with a nasty first turn surprise, like, say, Alpha Legion.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 01:17

EDIT: I forgot Exarchs are not characters anymore..... So you can use a Dark Reaper as your WL but no WL traits (it can be your WL but only characters gain the Traits)

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 01:39

Outright OP things would have been preferred since every other army with a codex has outright OP things.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 01:53

Imagine getting webeay portal for drukhari and DSing Medusa or grots and charging in turn 1

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 01:56

Thats what i'm hoping for.

Edit: And Vect....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next