THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus

Go down 
+33
RegoCrux
dumpeal
WildCandy
Dalamar
Silverglade
Gorgon
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Rhivan
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Skulnbonz
Count Adhemar
Imateria
Subsanity
hekatrixxy
URIEN
Squidmaster
LordSplata
FuelDrop
Devilogical
krayd
Calyptra
lcfr
Burnage
Hellstrom
Mppqlmd
Marrath
Garion
Sarkesian
masamune
Archon_91
amishprn86
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 00:49

Uthwe player here chipping in: Uthwe ability is bullshit.
6+++ sounds good, until you factor in that Fortune, unless rewritten, cannot target a unit that already has a +++ save (meaning we lose access to our 5+++ power), we could already get a 6+++ on vehicles, and it really doesn't feel at all fluffy.

Should have been +1 on psyker checks to buff friendlies, -1 on psyker checks for enemies to target them. Reliable buffs and some extra psyker defense would have been fluffy and good.

Sad
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 01:00

Well with the 4++ for a turn and Re-rolls due to Fortune, it could make a unit really survivable, but i do agree, all that isnt good enough, especially since you are using CP and acharacter to make it work Neutral

I'd cant wait for friday to see the good rules.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 01:05

Smart money says Biel-Tan gets something that helps Dire Avengers.

Smart money also says it somehow involves "rerolling 1s".

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 01:33

Fortune gives 5+++ unless unit already has +++, in which case it has no effect.

Would kill to get rerolls back.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 14:19

amishprn86 wrote:
Well with the 4++ for a turn and Re-rolls due to Fortune, it could make a unit really survivable, but i do agree, all that isnt good enough, especially since you are using CP and acharacter to make it work   Neutral

I'd cant wait for friday to see the good rules.
Thats 7th ed Fortune, 8th ed Fortune is a 5+FnP, but with the restriction that it can't target units that already have a FnP type ability, so is completely worthless in an Ulthwe list now.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:14

Well Biel-tan is now here https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/18/craftworld-focus-biel-tangw-homepage-post-3/

Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:25

All this is making me speculate that Kabals are going to get something like rerolls for splinter weapons. Here is hoping!
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:31

Beil Tan is getting reskinned for Uthwe. High leadership, rerolling guardians? Hell yeah!

Not seeing how it helps aspect warriors much, but who cares? Epic Uthwe!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:38

Yay ! So +1 to LD (useless and inferior to every single Ld based doctrine) and reroll 1's only for shuriken weapons (thus inferior to the basic Autarch aura).

Can't see how people could consider that remotely useful.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:41

Well it's crap if you run aspect warriors.

If you’re planning some mind war shenanigans this combos with +2 ld from Embolden to make your farseer epic in all ways.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:43

Quote :
Well it's crap if you run aspect warriors.
Right. Because screw fluff, Biel-Tan is going to be about spamming Farseers to blow some minds.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 15:55

If you strike through Biel-Tan and write Uthwe it becomes much better and fluffier.

Seriously considering just skipping the codex this edition if this is any indication of the quality. Also, did anyone else notice they put the last two samples up in the wrong order? Cue Joel and the bots: "They Just Didn't Care!"
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 16:43

I'm a clairvoyant. I'm gonna make a new prediction: Scatbikes will be back, they will suck compared to their previous incarnation though, and more rerolling 1s.

Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 19:48

Wouldn't Fortune still work as you could use the better save? 5+++ from Fortune instead of the basic Ulthwe 6+++? It looks like you can't take both, but I don't see anything saying you can't pick the best.

And if you're spamming Farseers I could see having a few extra for Fortune. Although the expanded list may change that.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 19:48

Biel-Tan is looking like my favorite so far, i love Bikes, Wraithguard and Jain Zar, and Shadow Specters ofc lol.

A full army of Re-roll 1's seems really good to me.

The Fall back > Shoot > Charge is really good!

Shoot Unit > Charge vehicle > fallback shoot again, If you opponent doesnt fallback that is.
Also... Jain Zar, just... just this lol.

I'm thinking of doing my Old Eldar Army again

Jain Zar
Farseer (bike)
Warlock (bike)
Wraithguard x5
Howling Banshee x10
Shadow Specters x5 (all i got)
Bikes, shuriken x9
War Walks Shuirken x2
Wave Serpents x2, Shurikens
Hemlock
Fire Prism x2 (Was Warp Hunters but they are 100pts over costed now, so i will just Proxy them for now).

I just like the Playstyle that i move around a lot turns 1-3, and turns 2-3 hit extremely hard with Wraiths/Howling Banshes/Jain Zar. I love Shuriken Bikes (its why i have so many, even tho Scatter was better last book) tho... my WS currently has Scatter on them (do to re-roll rules of 6th) i will just replace those.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 13:41

Myrvn wrote:
Wouldn't Fortune still work as you could use the better save? 5+++ from Fortune instead of the basic Ulthwe 6+++? It looks like you can't take both, but I don't see anything saying you can't pick the best.

And if you're spamming Farseers I could see having a few extra for Fortune. Although the expanded list may change that.
As i said above, Fortune itself prevents you from targeting a unit that already has an equivelant ability, so it physically can't be used in an Ulthwe army.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 14:32

I bet that Fortune will be revised to have the same wording as the Ulthwe trait (pick the effect that you want to use).
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 15:36

Saim-Hann is up.

No -1 for shooting heavy weapons from Bikes, and can reroll Charge distances.

Also, it reveals that both Windriders and Vypers are dropping in points cost, as are Scatterlasers.

Also reveals a Strategem, which lets a unit Move again after Shooting (but can't Charge after) for only 1cp.

(And hints at a "vastly improved" Fire Prism to come tomorrow)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 15:46

Windriders are already 10 points cheaper than Reavers; that they're getting a "considerable" points reduction might mean good things are coming for the Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 15:50

Burnage wrote:
Windriders are already 10 points cheaper than Reavers; that they're getting a "considerable" points reduction might mean good things are coming for the Dark Eldar.

I'd not realised they were that cheap before. How on earth do GW justify pricing Windriders at 20 points but Reavers at 30? That's just mental!!

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 16:09

Count Adhemar wrote:
Burnage wrote:

I'd not realised they were that cheap before. How on earth do GW justify pricing Windriders at 20 points but Reavers at 30? That's just mental!!

They're (slightly) faster, have Combat Drugs, +1 Attack, have a squad leader with another +1 A and +1L, and get Blade Vanes and Splinter Rifles for free (Windriders have to pay for all of their weapons).

I don't think those add up to being worth 10 points a model but it's not outrageous that they're more expensive.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 17:15

Scatbike spam is going to be a thing again.

Good.

Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 17:20

All that.
Plus, the pricing is misleading in this edition. The *cheapest* gear a Windrider can choose is 10 point Twin Shuriken Catapults, making them 30 points minimum, or 32 with Shuriken cannons, or 35 with scat lasers. I think Reavers are a much better deal at 30 pt stock. And, interestingly, they have a lot of tweak-able options.
Neither appeal much to me.

edit: Index stats only, of course. This will, hopefully, be moot in a couple weeks when we have the CWE codex
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 18:20

In my experience, scatbike spam was only particularly nasty due to the 7th edition battle focus rule, which allowed them to get off their shots and dart out of range immediately afterward. With battle focus having changed, and other general 8th ed changes, I don't think that scatbike spam will feel as game-breaking as it did in 7th ed.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 19:08

You just wait and see what I have cooking, good looking.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next