THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with Flyers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

Dealing with Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with Flyers   Dealing with Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 19 2017, 23:43

So my games in 8th have gone mostly in my favour so far, which has prompted the ultmarines player in our group to decide to purchase a stormhawk interceptor in order to try and kill everything I own. So I'm wondering what our best means of dealing with flyers are? All I can think of would be to just dedicate a fair number of lances into them each turn, as most other armies lack invulnerable saves, or I am just overreacting and considering flyers bigger threat than they really are?
Thanks in advance for any advice
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Flyers   Dealing with Flyers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 01:27

I keep meaning to try dark reapers (waiting for the new codex at this point) due to the fact that they keep their 3+ to hit.

I've also used a firestorm redoubt, but it actually hits on 5's and our dark lances would be 4's even with the negative, so not sure if it is worth it. It does have the added bonus of shielding one of your units (perhaps said scourges or dark reapers)
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Flyers   Dealing with Flyers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 03:00

Honestly? Massed DL and you can't go wrong. It'll take 8.57 Dark Lance's to kill the thing, assuming BS 4+, which is hardly a challenge for us to get (Hell, my normal 2000 point list has 17.)

Hilariously, it's reroll saves ability is useless against us, due to it having a 7+ save due to our AP.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Flyers   Dealing with Flyers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 03:48

TheBaconPope wrote:
Honestly? Massed DL and you can't go wrong. It'll take 8.57 Dark Lance's to kill the thing, assuming BS 4+, which is hardly a challenge for us to get (Hell, my normal 2000 point list has 17.)

Hilariously, it's reroll saves ability is useless against us, due to it having a 7+ save due to our AP.

This. And if you want to get into CWE, a Hemlock shreds enemy flyers too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Flyers   Dealing with Flyers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Flyers
Page 1 of 1