THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

fluff/background ynarri question

Go down 
+2
masamune
sunspear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sunspear
Slave
sunspear

fluff/background ynarri question  Empty
PostSubject: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 07:15

I'm just getting back into the game and I have read a little bit about the Ynarri, I have a basic understanding of what they are and what they are trying to do from a background standpoint. As the title suggests This is probably more a fluff question but as far as building an army. Can I build an all Drukhari force that is aligned with the ynarri? Is there anything that should be included? I was thinking about a mainly Kabalite build.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 09:53

At least one Ynari HQ is mandatory now, if I remmeber correctly.

But the rest of your army can be pure DE.
Would recommand Scourges and beasts Wink

fluff/background ynarri question  19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / fluff/background ynarri question  4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 09:59

From an in game perspective, you must have a Ynnari warlord (Yvraine / Visarch / Yncarne) to play a Ynnari detachment. You could have a Drukhari force that is Ynnari aligned in the fluff, but wouldn't get to use their rules without the Ynnari warlord.

Craftworlds and Harlequins probably have better synergies with Ynnari rules than Drukhari, but I'm sure there are ways to make it work with lots of Kabalite infantry and Scourges.

Back to top Go down
sunspear
Slave
sunspear

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 10:30

Ok, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 10:30

As I understand it, allying to Ynnari isn't just a case of being their and working for tehm. Its like a full religious conversion, and an adopting of their ideals. As such, those ideals change the way they interact with.......reality, I guess. It changes the ultimate fate of their soul.
That shift is represented in rules differently, but to get that effect you need one of the Ynnari characters.

However from a fluff perspective, it is easily possible for an entire Kabal to turn to Ynnari, and to continue operating as a Kabal uner the new philosophy.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 13:53

do you lose battle forge if you bring ynnari with DE but make DE warlord?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 13:54

In order to have any Ynnari your Warlord must be one of the Triumvirate.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16 2017, 14:18

Indeed. If your Warlord is not Ynnari, you can not have Ynnari.
That isn;t really even a case of losing Battle Forged. It just says no, you can't do it.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fluff/background ynarri question    fluff/background ynarri question  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fluff/background ynarri question
Page 1 of 1