THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff Empty
PostSubject: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 23:11

Hidden within one of the lost pleasure paradises deep within the Webway exists a strange land known as Khoshi. The land of Khoshi is a shadowy wasteland, with a vast number of ferocious predatory creatures. Very few know of its existence and it is perhaps the second most hidden place within the Webway itself, other than the fabled Black Library. Upon the world of Khoshi exists humans of various primitive cultures. The human populace all worship a pantheon of Sky Gods who live within the great mountain that rests in the center of the planet. The Sky Gods are worshipped differently by each of the groups of humans and primitive wars are fought in their names.

The humans of this planet are always in great despair for it seems as if the very planet wishes to destroy them. The animals that the humans attempt to hunt for food are extremely varied in size and lethality, often easily devouring a human in plate with ease. Many strange creatures stalk the night, the humans lock their homes as the suns go down, fearing the nocturnal beasts catching their scent and devouring them all. With all this stacked against them however, the humans still fight one another for what limited resources they can gather on the world. Upon some seasons crops grow in abundance in the north and strange extreme blizzards appear in the south. In the east, once per month a number of infants are offered to bizarre bat-winged angels in hopes they will be protected.

The myths of the humans of Khoshi are all true, for Khoshi is the ruled by Ciirian D’raque. Centuries ago, Ciirian stumbled upon the lost realm of Khoshi. When his idiot father decided to publicly succed from Vect’s rule, Ciirian and a small band of his followers retreated to Khoshi surviving the destruction of Aur-Lithain. In a cruel joke, Khoshi has been divided up amongst his small Trueborn followers as they eternally plan to ‘play god’ with the decedents of captives brought to the world in centuries past. This allows his followers to feed on all the misery they bestow on the populace all within the comfort of their own home. All is under the control of Ciirian within this domain; bizarre weather anomalies, new heard formations of savage beasts and the occasional rain of fire.

Often times the Dark Eldar descend from their mountaintop influencing the humans they control to do battle with one another. Some of the Dark Kin are viewed as Gods while others as demons depending on the area. Realspace raids are made often to gather fresh predator beasts to let loose upon Khoshi and ancient terraforming technologies are used to manipulate the very landscape and weather to Ciirian’s wishes.

Beneath the great mountain rules the Haemonculus, Tendrilon. Granted this domain for his assistance to Ciirian in an ancient history that lead to their exile, his shadowy lair is viewed as an underworld of sorts by the humans – and for all the right reasons. Occasionally Tendrilon will take pleasure in unleashing bizarre mutations upon the human populace. Massive tentacles occasionally sprout out from the ground catching the occasional human and are never seen from again. His vast number of mutated servants perform all sorts of tasks for him and emerge from beneath as monstrous demons that hack and slash anything their master commands.

The exiles that follow Ciirian D’raque are not completely cut off from Commoragh, for he is and always shall remain the patron of the Cult of the Poison Fang. The Cult of the Poison Fang is a well known yet small Wych Cult within Commoragh that publicly appears to be self sufficient and receives no backing from any Kabals. Publicly led by Succubus Arachnia, the female warriors of the Cult of the Poison Fang is truly a sight to be seen. Within the cult exists a sub sect of Beast masters who all bear primitive tattoos and mystical control over a vast array of beasts that they command. The Beastmasters join the Wyches on real-space raids and performances in Commoragh, yet dwell on Khoshi where they manipulate the creatures that inhabit the world. Through the Cult’s traveling performances in Commoragh is the way Ciirian continues to maintain supplies, weapons and vehicles for his limited followers.

Within this world, Ciirian D'raque and his followers are able to do as they wish without the rule of Vect. With his vast thirst for forgotten knowledge and his deadly psychic gifts D'raque and his followers are a truly unique and horrific scene when decending from the Webway.

Last edited by Ciirian on Sun Jul 15 2012, 04:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 23:43

Great background with a lot of potential. I like the idea of the seperate mon-keigh factions warring for their masters, and now it only needs to be developed.

Good work.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 04:54

Thanks, I had sort of an inspiration the other day after watching Ancient Aliens on the history channel and had a bit of a "what if" scenario and went with it, thought it could play out rather well. Would love to know what others think. As I get better camera I hope to display good pictures with everything.

Succubus Arachnia and the Cult of the Poisoned Talon

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff 031

Arachnia has been Succubus of the Cult of the Poisoned Talon since its foundation. She has earned her name "the Spider" for numerous reasons, starting off with her fascination with poisons. In the arena she appears as a warrior goddess, clad in a unique suit of armor that was custom made to have combat stimulants directly pumped through her. She wields twin venom blades that are specially crafted for her alone.

Under her command is ranks of deadly and beautiful warrior women who are supported by a primtive looking group of sky mounted Beast Masters. The Beastmasters of the Poisoned Taloned who are famous in the Dark City are known to be a strange mystical group who have the largest managerie of exotic beasts ever seen.

The Poison Talon was once patroned by the son of Archon D'raque of the Wraithkind, but since Aur-Lithain's destruction centuries ago the Cult has become nomadic who submit to none but their Succubus.

Their skill is lethal enough to dispel other Kabals from attempting to conquoer them out of the fear of the embaresment of becoming slaves in their next performance. Their displays of carnage is often sought after as the Cult is welcomed by all and paid very handsomly for their perfomances in ships, weapons and other various supplies.

However, recent real space raids in which the Cult of the Poisoned Talon and Arachnia have been seen being supported by an unknown Haemonculi Coven, and many wonder what is the cost of this strange alliance.

Double post merged - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 20:51

Good to see this written up formally! I like the idea of the subrealm where the Dark Eldar play god. It's exactly the sort of thing they used to enjoy before the Fall. I look forward to seeing more of this Smile

I also like the combination of the Beastmasters and the Wyches, I don't think I've seen that elsewhere. I also like the fact that the Haemonculus naturally drew Hell as his lot and is happily making it as true as possible ...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 21:09

I'll agree the mythos aspect is my favorite part, technology eventually equating to magic at some point it's a natural possibility that clearly the DE would like more than other races.
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 02:41

Awesome backstory, well done!!!
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 13:25

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff 0082

Working on an updated background story on the main leader of my force, Ciirian D'raque. Hope to post it in the next few days and will update here. Just wanted to post the most recent picture of the miniature of him. Originally planned to be used as an Archon, he will now be a "count as" Farseer/ Eldrad thanks to allies, granting him actual psycic abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff   The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Exiled Forces of Ciirian D'raque - Background Fluff
Page 1 of 1