THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh

Go down 
+5
wormfromhell
masamune
Cavash
FuelDrop
Creeping Darkness
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 06:21

Not sure where to put this - but I was browsing the AMA from Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/7igatt/im_aaron_dembskibowden_ask_me_anything/), and it included this:

Anthaus wrote:

Would you ever write a novel about Eldar/Dark Eldar and if so, what facets of their lore would mainly appeal to you? Thank you!

Aaron Dembski-Bowden wrote:
Commorragh. Oh, my God, is there any location in the setting as cool as Commorragh? (Well, yes, several, but Commorragh is still awesome.)

The warring, alliance-shifting factions and cults. The way every army list entry is seamlessly woven into the context of their society, so the Drukhari faction itself is so believable and awesome to write army background for. The insane Webway architecture. The pain-siphoning way they steal life to endure forever, rather than let their souls be devoured by a Daemon God, or - ha! - do something like show some incredible discipline and restraint, walking the Paths.

For years now, I've wanted to write a Romeo & Juliet style story in Commorragh. Not so much about the romance, but the "Two households, both alike in dignity (In fair Commorragh, where we lay our scene). From ancient grudge break to new mutiny..."

Two ancient warring Dark Eldar houses trying to murder one another, while two of their scions try to work together to screw over all their other relatives and go their own way,making their own warband.

It would sell exactly three copies, and I'd be fired for the graphic scenes of torture/evil romance, etc. but it'd be a killer story if I could pull it off.

A Necromunda-style game set in Commorragh would also be so, so awesome.

...um, I also like Craftworld Eldar. I just don't have this insistent novel idea for them, ringing around my skull the way I do for the others.

So... I would buy the hell out of that book. Just sayin'.

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 06:34

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 07:56

And ADB DE book is all I have ever wanted. He better work on it soon lest he earns the furious fist-shaking of some man on the internet

Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15 2017, 07:17

Wow, I'd definitly buy that

Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15 2017, 10:53

$$$$$$

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
DOGGED
Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17 2017, 21:50

Creeping Darkness wrote:

Anthaus wrote:

Would you ever write a novel about Eldar/Dark Eldar and if so, what facets of their lore would mainly appeal to you? Thank you!

Aaron Dembski-Bowden wrote:
Commorragh. Oh, my God, is there any location in the setting as cool as Commorragh? (Well, yes, several, but Commorragh is still awesome.)

[...] A Necromunda-style game set in Commorragh would also be so, so awesome [...]

So... I would buy the hell out of that book. Just sayin'.

I would too, it would be fine. And the "Necromunda-style game set in Commorragh would also be so, so awesome" falls short of the sheer awesomeness of such a game.

Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17 2017, 22:56

Shut up and take my money, the Night Lord Trilogy are the meanest 40000 books i've read so far.

Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 23:57

As would I, though I feel ADB's writing problems would become even more pronounced in a series about nonmarines.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu May 14 2020, 17:27

I want that book!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh   Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aaron Dembewski-Bowden on Commorragh
Page 1 of 1