THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards Empty
PostSubject: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24 2017, 18:24

The current lack of ssylth models on GW's webstore has lead to me thinking about alternative models, and it occured to me that ogryns might not be a bad alternative. The models might be a tad bigger than ssylths but stat wise they are fairly similar so I think ogryns standing in as ssylths will work.

My question is though is how I should model them. My idea is that a heamonculus has made a few "improvements" to the ogryns to turn them into mindless slaves and give them a little extra combat edge, so I was thinking of using the tubes/syringes from the wracks kit and green stuffing on some extra tubes. Beyond that though not sure what else do add to make them look more dark eldar like so I'd love to hear some other ideas.

Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2017, 07:41

Adding more arms always seems a good idea to represent sslyth.

And give them some "spiky" armour plates. The shoulder plates are for me quite identifying, but might work less well when you go for a coven style. I would also make the ogryns less fat, but for coven again this might not be an issue.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31 2017, 05:07

I refuse to get Fincecast DE models ever again, 45+ and all are broken from to little and cheap material. I''ve sent GW pictures and my really costly foam just for them and told them i'm boycoting fineCRAP.

I've been getting all finecast from 3rd party, i know its a grey area for ppl, but... just saying.

WITH THAT SAID, conversion ideas!

I would add greenstuff to them in tiny amounts (like a 0.5mm layer) and cut "U" shapes for scales, along withany DE Talos bits like the pipes and vials.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 01:05

Yeah finecast is absolutely terrible, shame that several of our elite units like incubi are finecast. I've resorted to 3rd parties myself sometimes, just better quality.

Not sure if my greenstuff skills are up to the task of making scales, but I'll give it a shot. Right after I ordered a bunch of wrack vials bits I noticed the bigger Talos ones might fit better, so I'll grab some of those at some point.

@Meaver: more arms on ogryns seems like a real big challenge. Spikes won't be a problem though, grabbed a bunch from the warrior and raider kits.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 01:13

For the greenstuff, its really fast and easy for scales.

You should just put a small very flat piece on, then get a toothpick or dental pick and scrap a "U" shape.

Alternatively you can get a cut sprue and cut a U shape and just Press it into the green stuff.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07 2018, 02:01

Thanks for the top I'll give that a shot.

PostSubject: Re: Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards   Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelling DE Ogryn Bodyguards
Page 1 of 1