THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2020, 14:50

So, last year I tried using Wych Cults during a slow-grow escalation league in my local club, with the aim of reaching 2000pts in time for our group's annual tournament - in the end, I abandoned the Wych Cults that year to focus on a newly-purchased Militarum army.

This year, I'm giving the Cults another go, having switched over from Daemons in the first month - while I was tempted to try Daemons, I plan to use Drukhari for several upcoming tournaments, so it makes more sense to focus solely on them than on two factions, both of which have a lot to paint.

So, here is a provisional list for the tournament in August, based off of what I've learned since last years attempts. As much as I love the models, I have to accept the fact that Hellions are just hot garbage atm - I want to use them, but they just die far too quickly in their current state. I should make it clear from the off - all of the models in this list are listed as WYSIWYG, based off how they're built, and are unlikely to be changed. I should also note that I am not expecting this list to be super-competitive - just one that's both fun to play and could potentially catch an opponent off-guard. As usual, any advice or tactical tidbits are greatly appreciated.

Battalion, Outrider and Air Wing Detachments (+7 CP) - 2000pts
- Prizes of the Dark City: 1CP for +1 Artefact of Cruelty

Battalion - Wych Cult - Cult of Strife

No Force Org

- 6 Razorwing Flocks

HQ
- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Triptych Whip - 54pts
- Warlord Trait: Blood Dancer
- Combat Drug: Adrenalight (+1 A)

- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Blast Pistol - 60pts
- Combat Drug: Serpentin (+1 WS)

Troops
- 10 Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler; 2 Razorflails; Hekatrix has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 110pts
- 10 Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler; 2 Hydra Gauntlets; Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 110pts
- 10 Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler; 2 Hydra Gauntlets; Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 110pts
- Combat Drugs: The first squad has Grave Lotus (+1 S), the other two have Adrenalight (+1 A)

Elites
- Beastmaster with Agoniser - 40pts
- Combat Drug: Splintermind (+2 Ld)

Dedicated Transports
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon and PGL - 83pts
- Raider with Dark Lance and PGL - 83pts
- Raider with Dark Lance and PGL - 83pts

Outrider - Wych Cult - Red Grief

HQ

- Succubus with Hydra Gauntlets - 54pts
- Combat Drug: Painbringer
- Relic: Helm of Spite

Fast Attack
- 6 Reavers (2 Heat Lances; 2 Grav-Talons; Champion has Agoniser) - 130pts
- 6 Reavers (2 Blasters; 2 Grav-Talons; Champion has Power Sword) - 140pts
- Combat Drugs: Both squads have Hypex (+2 Move)

- 5 Scourges (4 Haywire Blasters; Solarite has Power Lance and Splinter Pistol) - 94pts
- 5 Scourges (4 Blasters; Solarite has Venom Blade and Blast Pistol) - 140pts
- 10 Scourges (4 Splinter Cannons; Solarite has Shardcarbine and Venom Blade) - 162pts

Air Wing - Kabal - Flayed Skull

Flyer

- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Missiles - 165pts
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2020, 15:45

I like the general idea, lots of small details like the Helm of Spite.

I am curious about the 10 Scourges with Splinter Cannons. Shredders seem like the better choice.

As for Combat Drugs, does the Hypex really make that much difference on Red Greif Reavers? the mixture of Blasters makes me think it isn't about edging out that extra distance for the 2D6 damage on Heat Lances. Wouldn't it be better to switch their Hypex out for Painbringer, and the Hypex on the Succubus? Or even just Hypex on the Heat Lance Reavers, Painbringer on the Blaster Reavers.
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2020, 21:36

False Son wrote:
I like the general idea, lots of small details like the Helm of Spite.

I am curious about the 10 Scourges with Splinter Cannons.  Shredders seem like the better choice.

As for Combat Drugs, does the Hypex really make that much difference on Red Greif Reavers?  the mixture of Blasters makes me think it isn't about edging out that extra distance for the 2D6 damage on Heat Lances.  Wouldn't it be better to switch their Hypex out for Painbringer, and the Hypex on the Succubus?  Or even just Hypex on the Heat Lance Reavers, Painbringer on the Blaster Reavers.

Hmm... you make some interesting points... I think the Red Grief detachment in general is where I need to experiment a bit.

For the 10-man Scourge unit, I'm trying to weigh up effectiveness vs speed of play - while 4 Shredders may be more effective at clearing chaff/troops off of objectives, having 4 Splinter Cannons alongside the Shardcarbines means I can do all the attacks at once, speeding things up a bit, as well as keeping them a bit further out of range.

As for the Reavers... never thought of that. I'll have to experiment a bit.

There's still plenty of time before the tournament, so I can test a few things out.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2020, 01:59

Why cult of strife? I think cursed blade is better +1 str always seemed better to me then an extra attack ONLY on charge. If you really want to use the model with the artifact i think makeing the fast attack detachment cult of strife would be better. Although i like red grief outrider +battalion cursed blade the best. 2nd on the toughness drug for reavers 5 is way better then 4. I think its there beat drug. I was playing around with the idea of a beastmaster and razorwing flocks as a screening unit . But i am stuggleing justifying them. Scourges never last more then 1 turn for me unless i get lucky 10 man bring you into leadership territory and failing to find placea to drop em vs hordes. I have always been a fan of 5 man squads. If you want extra shots cant you just take another squad without the extra weapons?
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2020, 21:54

sumguy777 wrote:
Why cult of strife? I think cursed blade is better +1 str always seemed better to me then an extra attack ONLY on charge. If you really want to use the model with the artifact i think makeing the fast attack detachment cult of strife would be better. Although i like red grief outrider +battalion cursed blade the best. 2nd on the toughness  drug for reavers 5 is way better then 4. I think its there beat drug. I was playing around with the idea of a beastmaster and razorwing flocks as a screening unit . But i am stuggleing justifying them.  Scourges  never last more then 1 turn for me unless i get lucky 10 man bring you into leadership territory and failing to find placea to drop em vs hordes. I have always been a fan of 5 man squads. If you want extra shots cant you just take another squad without the extra weapons?

- When looking at the Cults, I look at every aspect of an obsession, not just the army bonus - while Cursed Blade is arguably a better army choice for Wyches, the rest of the stuff for it - WL trait, relic and stratagem - is meh at best; compared to Strife and Red Grief, which are both fairly decent as an overall package.
- Tbh in this list, the Beastmaster is just there to take the Leadership drug as it's the most likely to benefit from it and, along with the beasts, either sit on a backline objective or push for an open one - I'm not expecting either to survive. I know screening is a big part of competitive play, but I'm not sure Wych Cults - essentially an aggressive attacking army - can afford to hold back/spread out for screening purposes.
- Sure, Scourges aren't the most survivable, but they're bringing me a host of weapons that Cults otherwise won't have access to. And I like using the 10-man splinter squad as an anti-chaff/objective clearing unit - I might swap the splinter cannons for shredders, but haven't decided yet. (also, I can't 'just take another squad' as I already have 3 units of Scourges).
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 11:49

Sorry, dont have my codex on me ATM, but it seems like you have missed the +1T drug in your list. You cant double up on drugs until you get one of everything
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 15:06

@fisheyes the toughness drug is called Painbringer, and in the list above, it's on the Red Grief Succubus - I guess I just forgot to put the drug description on the list with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers   2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Wych Cult and Kabal Flyers
Page 1 of 1