THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Lesser Races Section Is Locked

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

The Lesser Races Section Is Locked Empty
PostSubject: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12 2018, 15:04

So, it has just come to my attention that we’ve locked the ‘Other Allies’ section of the forum. I’m fairly certain this happened a while ago, and I’ve just been practicing some patented ignoring of the obvious, but I still have a question or two about the decision.

I assume the rationale there is that we no longer have the option to take such allies? If not, then please correct me.

I still think the section has a place in our forum, however, perhaps with a renaming?

‘Discussion of the Lesser Races’ or similar, just a place to throw around discussion about codices, models or units that are not of the Aeldari variety.

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12 2018, 15:16

As it says in the forum description:

The Kabals of Commorragh often employ all manner of alien mercenaries and captive slaves, all willing to fight for the right price or timely cause. This forum is for tactical and general discussion of the use of allies with the Dark Eldar.

As we can no longer use allies that are not of the Aeldari faction that section no longer applies. If you wish to discuss any of the lesser races please use the Warhammer 40,000 Discussion forum here

Count Adhemar

Back to top Go down
Frowny
Hellion
Frowny

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 12:23

I agree with the op actually, I there is a difference between general discussion and discussion of the lesser races.
Back to top Go down
Pain Engine
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 15:32

Agreed. It would be nice to have a place to discuss the other armies specifically and not the game in general.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 15:36

There is:

Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
For the discussion of the lesser races of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Pain Engine
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 15:54

A quick skimming of the first page makes it obvious that "discussion of the lesser races of the universe" is not what the section is used for. It's used for general 40k discussion, as the name of the section implies.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 16:14

At the end of the day, this is a Dark Eldar forum. It's not unusual for dedicated forums to restrict or even forbid topics that do not relate to the subject of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Pain Engine
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 18:09

What kind of response is that? Ikol suggested that a section of the forum for discussing non-dark eldar armies could be introduced. You say that we already have that. I tell you that the only hint of that section being about discussing other armies is its description, and that it is not what it is used for, and you reply by saying that you can do what you want?

I do not think this is a forum for discussing Dark Eldar. It might have been, but I believe that it is a forum for dark eldar players to discuss the hobby and everything related to it. Regardless of what it "is for", my interpretation is obviously the one better reflected by the forums topics. Even then, that it isn't unusual for other dedicated forums to restrict or forbid "unrelated" topics is absolutely not a reason for this forum to do it.

If the forum's users think that there is demand of and use for a dedicated section to discuss the other armies of 40k, why not listen to them? The section that you seem to think should be used for that is half-dead, confused and sloppy.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22 2018, 09:23

There IS a section of the forum for discussing non-dark eldar armies. It's called Warhammer 40,000 Discussion and the description of that section very clearly says "For the discussion of the lesser races of the universe." I'm really not sure what the issue is here, other than you not liking the name.
Back to top Go down
Frowny
Hellion
Frowny

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 23 2018, 11:51

To put a different way, what is your issue with reopening that one? Sure its a DE targeted forum but more people play 40k than play dark eldar. I think forcing discussion more heavily that it is might keep DE players who ALSO like marines or sisters or tyranids or whatever anyway. Why not make it a (very slightly) more general forum? Also, that allies page is much higher up on the initial page than the the general 40k one, so all new browsers also looking to chat about the new TS codex go there, get blocked, and then bounce out confused. Having a locked but highly desired forum so high up is certainly a bit counter-intuitive and makes the whole forum seem uninhabited.

Also note that by replies, its nearly in the top half of reply sizes for forums, despite being locked. That to me says there is demand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Races Section Is Locked   The Lesser Races Section Is Locked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lesser Races Section Is Locked
Page 1 of 1