THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races

Go down 
+6
Kinnay
Ciirian
Sky Serpent
Mushkilla
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Empty
PostSubject: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 19:29

The first Forge World tidbits for Games Day UK 2012 this coming weekend have been released, with a newsletter and a list of products that will be available on GDUK (shown below). They also have a web page up for Games Day.

See - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/UK_Games_Day_2012.htm

Forge World wrote:
The Forge World Studio at Games Day UK

As befits the largest Games Workshop event of the year, each year our entire studio decamps to the NEC in Birmingham for Games Day UK, and this year is no exception!

Our Miniatures Designers will each be showcasing their most recent models as well as work-in-progress kits and concept work. You’ll be able to chat to each designer about the process they went through creating the fantastic Horus Heresy, Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 models that make up our range, and you might even discover a few of our top secret future plans too…

The Book Design team will be displaying the incredible amount of talent and effort that goes into each of our books. Our Graphic Illustration staff will be working on fantastic colour profiles and artwork before your very eyes on their high-tech pict-cogitators, while the Writing team will be displaying early proof copies of their latest work and answering all your questions about how and why we select each narrative.

The studio area wouldn’t be complete without the unique display boards we create to accompany our books, and we will have some old favourites for you to admire too. Our Painters and Mould Makers (and, in fact, the majority of our design team) are even now slaving away on a mountain of foam, wire, plastic sprues and resin models to create one of the most amazing display tables we have ever produced for this year’s Games Day. All will be revealed on Sunday 23rd September, of course, but for now all we can mention is an awful lot of Space Marines…

Here the products that will be available, try not to choke on the prices Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

HORUS HERESY BOOK ONE:BETRAYAL
£70.00

SCIMITAR PATTERN SPACE MARINE LEGION JETBIKE
£25.00

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Jetpaint11

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Jetpaint4

SCIMITAR PATTERN SPACE MARINE LEGION JETBIKE SQUADRON (3)
£70.00

MKII LEGION SHOULDER PADS
£9.00 each
Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Sons of Horus and World Eaters

MKIV LEGION SHOULDER PADS
£9.00 each
Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Sons of Horus and World Eaters

SPACE MARINE LEGION DECAL SHEETS
£10.00 each
Death Guard, Sons of Horus and World Eaters

SPACE MARINE LEGION ETCHED BRASS SHEETS
£10.00 each
Death Guard, Sons of Horus

MAGMA DRAGON
£80.00

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Magma_Dragon_1

INCARNATE ELEMENTAL OF FIRE
£68.00

[imghttp://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Fireelem1.jpg[/img]

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Sep 19 2012, 17:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 20:31

HOW MUCH FOR BOOK I?!!
(was warned, but chokes anyways) Evil or Very Mad

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 20:52

$110... and that's assuming a straight conversion. Sad

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 21:26

Eeek! Erm, I know I'm silly with money when it comes to this hobby but it's hard to justify that, however let's see this book first before passing judgement....

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 17:08

Here's the first Chaos leaks from WD, these will be a big part of GDUK:

(via pretre on Dakka http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/240/476112.page)

Helldrake:
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races HellDrake

Forgefiend:
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races ForgeFiend

Maulerfiend:
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races MaulerFiend

Warpsmith:
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Warpsmith

Warp Talons:
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races WarpTalons-2
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races WarpTalons-3
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races WarpTalons-Detail
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races WarpTalons

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 17:34

Dark Mechanicum eat your heart out this is magnificent! It makes Chaos Marines a lot more like Chaos then spiky space marines. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Tue Sep 18 2012, 17:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 17:41

Those Chaos Marines are beautiful. I'm glad I dusted my old ones off and began cleaning them up a few months ago. Is that a unit of Marines w/ Claws and a mechanical Dragon?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 18:10

Talons are jump infantry I believe. Nothing about the regular bods yet.

I'm not sure about them yet, will wait for clearer pics. They look like the typically great new models that GW is now turning out, but the overall aesthetic seems a bit too busy perhaps?

I don't play Chaos but am intrigued and I love the new DV Chosen and Lord models, so I am watching the rest of this release closley. I don't mind the jump infantry, but am not so keen on the maulers or the flyer.

Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 18:23

Wow, uh, not a fan. The Maulerfiend is nice, but the rest actually looks like a step back in design, I think. I'll wait for better pictures, but as it stands, the Dark Vengeance miniatures are vastly superior.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 21:00

Adeo Mori Servus Imperator Fictus!
Ave Dominus Nox!!!

Also, in other words: Yay! Good looking Raptors (Warp Talons, but I will never call them that).

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 03:39

I'm really into that Warpsmith Shocked
I hope this doesn't make me want to do that CSM army that I've always wanted...Holding out for better Noise Marines Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 17:42

Good Little Space Elv wrote:
I hope this doesn't make me want to do that CSM army that I've always wanted...Holding out for better Noise Marines Twisted Evil

Ditto. I have never been interested in Muh-reenz of any variety, but the new DV Lord and Chosen have stirred my interest, as have these Talons (better pics notwithstanding). Noise Marines would be my choice too, if I do decide to dip my toes in. Depends on the new codex, what options become available to make them a viable build, and ...... see below.

And the floodgates open, at least for the GW Chaos Marines. Just one more FW update so far.

According to Kroothawk on Dakka, and widely known already but in summary:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/750/476112.page#4786087

Kroothawk wrote:
Preorder next Saturday (22nd September), release 6th October.
Includes Codex, Helldrake, Forgefiend/Clawfiend, Raptors/Warp talons, Mutilators, Warpsmith, Dark Apostle, Sorcerer, Aspiring champion, psi cards, finecast Obliterators, Finecast upgrade packs (1k Sons, Nightlords, Iron Warriors, Noise Marines, Chaos Bike) plus several finecast recasts of CSM characters.

Also from MajorTom11 on the same Dakka page, new Finecast Obliterators. Not sure what they were thinking (or smoking) when they did these. Apart from their sheer ugliness, they also appear to have that Grot-like monopose thing going on.

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Attachment

The Oblits and this Dark Apostle(?) are apparently from BramGaunt on Warseer:

as is Angron, part of the new FW Horus line:

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348055564.033066

edit - more from BramGaunt
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?351699-Chaos-rumours-from-Faeit-212&p=6427639&viewfull=1#post6427639

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348055666.630727

Sorceror(?)

Supposed basis for cover art from Sandlemad@Warseer:

more from Bram:

Aspiring Champion:

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Sep 19 2012, 23:53; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 19:48

I actually see two "poses" on the Obi's(two heads/right arms slightly different), but yes, Kinda crappy.

ANGRON!!! I will lose my mind when they release Primarchs...and my wallet. Mad

Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 20:35

Primaaaaaarchs! Hell yeah!

(But Chaos? Am I the only one not liking the models? ._.)

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 01:07

I actually like the standard Raptors. The Warp Talons are growing on me too. Hm, looks like I'll need to think up a secondary part of my warband.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 04:53

Love them! well.. except for the Obliterators, their faces look freakishly like tweedaldee and twedaldumb( however the hay you spell their names) from alice in wonderland.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 06:54

FW Fellblade

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Fellbpaint51

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 08:36

Well I for one will get that dragon bird thing and paint it green and gold. Then I will model my chaos lord with a dagger flute. And play this every time it comes in from reserve.

Khorne I Need Dragon Sword Power!

Last edited by Mushkilla on Thu Sep 20 2012, 16:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 16:13

Mushkilla wrote:
Well I for one will get that dragon bird thing and pain it green and gold. Then I will model my chaos lord with a dagger flute. And play this every time it comes in from reserve.

Khorne I Need Dragon Sword Power!

Was that a green ranger referance? I think it was! well done! lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 02:45

So what does £70.00-worth of book look like?

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Hhbook

Fellblade Tank shown above is £155.00

Cataphractii terminators - £33.00
many more pics at - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/cataphractii-special.html

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Cataphractii1

and their weapons - £16.00, £12.00 and £12.00 respectively

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Cataspecial1
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Cataphractii-core-weapons-comp
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Cataphractii-power-axes-comp

Typho Heavy Siege Tank - £95.00

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Typhon.html
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Typhonpaint9ev

Realm of Battle City Sectors - £75.00 each

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/City_Sectors.html
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Cityboards

Space Marine Legion Decal Sheets, Death Guard, Sons of Horus and World Eaters - £10.00 each

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Decals

Space Marine Legion Etched Brass Sheets, Death Guard, Sons of Horus - £10.00 each

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Brass

Early Armour Mark Command Upgrade

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Smugmk4-1

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 02:51

And a few new Chaos pics from Faeit 212 and Warseer. I am really hoping that there is more available to assist in converting to each specific legion than what is shown here:

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 0c3518ed259bbed1205ebd3e990849e1_45662

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races E8646cb878d4a89a02870c834fe7091f_45662

..... and yes, Angron's base is part of the kit.

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Angron1

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races Warpschmied

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races H%25C3%25B6llendrache

It would seem that pics of most of the new units are now "out there", as are the rules, and it's almost all over bar the gnashing.

Can't wait to see and hear what is said on Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 03:07

Looks like no new Noise Marines Crying or Very sad I'm still not sold on the battle-dinosaur robot thingies Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 09:05

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Looks like no new Noise Marines Crying or Very sad I'm still not sold on the battle-dinosaur robot thingies Evil or Very Mad

Zoids?

The Cataphractii are beautiful although I'm a bit confused over the power axes. Why would you take these instead of fists when you have no 2nd weapon to gain the extra attack?

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 04:55

Chaos products are now listed in the Advance Orders section of Gee-Dubya's web site [click here]

There are supposed to be two waves of CSM releases in September, I am not sure if this is everything or just the first wave.

Highlights include a new hardcover codex at Cdn$60.00 that, here in Canada at least, is 50% more than the current softcover DE codex. There is also a special, Limited Edition version for Cdn$100.00.

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races M2610634a_60030102005_CSMCodex01_873x627

As well as the battleforce, there is a starter pack for $290.00 with a Codex: Chaos Space Marines, 1 Heldrake, 1 Forgefiend / Maulerfiend kit, 1 Raptors / Warp Talons kit, and 1 Aspiring Champion.

Havocs have been released in Finecast for 25% more than a regular Beakie Devastator squad.

One piece of good news is the ultra-uglies revealed the other day are actually the new Mutilators, while the Obliterators are slightly more tolerable. Not sure of they the same as but, other than being finely cast, since I never payed much attention before.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 22:23

Here is a summary of GDUK for the lesser races, compiled from Warseer’s and Dakka’s threads.

Aside from the new CSM releases, almost nothing from GW. There were some green sculpts on display, but these were test pieces from new sculptors. Certainly nothing about long-awaited missing models from DE.

At some point, future digital products will not be Apple exclusive, other formats will follow.

From Forge World:

There will be a new, second edition of Imperial Armour Volume One. It will update all of the FW Imperial Guard rules to 6th, but without the Navy. Almost ready to go.

IA12 Fall of Orpheus will feature Dynasty-specific Necrons, Death Korps of Krieg and Space Marines Minotaurs chapter.

(pics from Fonzarelli17’s Flickr pool):
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016346392_cc9a975468_z

Mock-up of Necron Tesseract Ark (Fonzarelli17)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016330953_ca57d5bdb9_z

Mock-up of Necron Night Shroud bomber (Fonzarelli17)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016328079_11efe617a8_z

Sons of Horus Legion Cataphractii Squad (Fonzarelli17)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016397194_bfe8bde44c_z

Sons of Horus Legion Tactical Squad (Fonzarelli17)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016394312_c45851b641_z

Sons of Horus Legion Justaerion Terminators (Fonzarelli17)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016367545_75cf80e8ee_z

various new Contemptor Dreadnoughts (Fonzarelli17)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016356835_9333759ef1_z

various Emperor’s Children squads, including with Autocannons (several more pics at Fonzarelli17’s Flickr account)
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016351111_59d0f1f218_z

Imperial Lightning II
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races 8016323329_7d4aab24b3_z

From Neil Challis on Twitter, new Cerebus Tank Destroyer
Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races A3eTTz-CcAAS8cj

Chaos Dwarfs K’daai Destroyer, from the Tamurkhan:Throne of Chaos (Warhammer Forge).

From Deff Mekz on Warseer
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?353117-UK-Gamesday-2012&p=6434954&viewfull=1#post6434954

Quote :
Horus Heresy Book 1 - "Betrayal"- Death Guard, Sons of Horus, World Eaters and Emperor’s Children Legions. (with Angron, Fulgrim and Mortarion being done)

Horus Heresy Book 2 - "Massacre", Isstvan 5. Four Legions-Iron Hands, Night Lords, Salamanders and Word Bearers IIRC. More mechanicum units. (Deff Mekz “presumably Vulkan, Ferrus, Curze and Lorgar”). Possibly this time next year.

Book 3- (2nd part of Istvaan V) IW, AL and RG (Corx, Perturabo and Apharius)

Book 4 (I’m guessing Calth and Prospero) UM, SW and TS) (Magnus, Russ and Guilliman)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races   Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games Day UK, Sept. 23 - information on Lesser Races
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next