THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfeslad
Slave

1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help Empty
PostSubject: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 20:26

Hi all, i'm new to DE an need a bit of help from the kabals, I have a list that I'm mainly happy with I'll let you have a look before I explain what my problem is.

Hq
Heamy 95pts
Liquifier gun
Casket of flensing
Venom blade
Flesh gauntlet

Troops
10 kabalites 255 with Dark lance, Blaster in a raider with enhanced sails, splinter racks & chain snares
Sabarite with Blast pistol, Agoniser

10 kabalites 215, with shredder, splinter cannon, in a raider with enhanced sails, splinter racks & chain snares
Sabarite with blast pistol, venom blade

10 wyches 150, with razor flails, hydra gauntlets
hekatrix with venom blade and blast pistol

Fast attack
3 reavers 98, with heat lance & cluster caltrops

5 scourges, 167, with blaster, heat lance, Solorite with blast pistol and venom blade

My problem is my wyches, namely they have no transport! I want to get them into combat fast however my question is what to drop?

I thought about dropping the scourges and getting a transport and 3 more reavers, but what do you think? [strike]
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 20:57

First thought is dropping some of your excess upgrades, you'll get what you want without giving up anything. Let's see;

Raider w. Aethersails will set you back 65 points, so let's work on that;

The Solarite is really only a leadership boost on his squad, I'm guessing it's nice to have the pistol, but it's not needed, and I'm also guessing you never assault with them and rarely win when assaulted, so the v.blade is mostly a joke.

That saves you 30 points - already halfway to a naked Raider.

How often do you use those cluster caltrops - per game? If it's less than 3-4 times that's a *lot* of points you're burning there. Also, personally, I never shoot with my Wyches really, they're either fleeting to get in assault range, or just vaguely shooting at something I'm about to assault anyway and I don't care if they kill anything really - the only things I *like* to kill stuff with prior to Wych assault are giant mobs of Orks, and s.pistols do that fine, so we drop that blast pistol off the Wyches;

65 points free - we now have enough for you to get a Raider and the Sails you clearly love.

Total cost to the list
+1 Transport so the Wyches are useful now.
+1 Dark Lance which is basically better than the few shots you were likely to get from Blast Pistols.

-2 Blast Pistols
-Solarite w. Venom Blade
-Cluster Caltrops.

Also (looking at the whole list again), quite frankly, you really are somewhat obligated to save some points by dropping a Wych and a set of Wych weapons, because you'll want the Haem to be able to ride with the Wyches, yeah? So that will probably let you save 1-2 of your upgrades there.

===================

Now, if all of that freaks you out and leaves you quivering going, not the precious, not my Caltrops/Solarite/Blast Pistol. We could drop a unit (I'm kinda against this, but...)

I think the smart money is dropping either the Reavers (and buying a few more upgrades...not that you are short any of those) or, yeah, dropping the Scourges and getting a second set of RJBs which will fill about the same role (or maybe some Trueborn on foot with Lances)

Back to top Go down
Wolfeslad
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 21:42

Wow thanks Thor, a well thought out bit of advice, it's given me a few things to think about.

I do love those sails lol and the upgrades, I think if I was a DE would I take them,,,, yeah I kinda would lol

Tbh, although I love the way I've posed the sol he might get dropped altogether

Thanks again for the comprehensive response
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 13:51

Another way to free some point is from your haemonculus, he has a lot of toys.
My haemonculus have a nasty habit of dieying eraky in the game, so based on my experience teo ranged weapons are not the way to go., I whuld remove the casket.
Now, same thing with the two special close combat weapons you have on him, he can only use one at any time, so I would drop the gauntlet.
Now the haemonculus cost 65pts, saving you 30pts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Wolfeslad
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 00:24

Thanks talos, much appreciated. I agree he does have a lot of toys lol
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 15:40

You also have other upgrades that can be dropped as well

Are you really going to get close enough to use your chain snares on those raiders???

What about the sybarite set up for close combat. Do you think you will be needing him that much???

There are alot of places to drop excess points, but I believe thor has the best option. Remember flickerfields though Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 18:10

Quote :
Hq
Heamy 95pts
Liquifier gun
Casket of flensing
Venom blade
Flesh gauntlet
This guy doesn't need close combat upgrades, and the Casket is 'meh'

Quote :
Troops
10 kabalites 255 with Dark lance, Blaster in a raider with enhanced sails, splinter racks & chain snares
Sabarite with Blast pistol, Agoniser
I'm not too fond of DL Warriors in general, nor Sybarites. This squad could be cheaper/smaller and yet accomplish much the same. Racks suck. Chain snares can work, but only if you field a lot of them.

Quote :
10 kabalites 215, with shredder, splinter cannon, in a raider with enhanced sails, splinter racks & chain snares
Sabarite with blast pistol, venom blade
Same deal as above, though the SC is a much better fit than the DL.

Quote :
10 wyches 150, with razor flails, hydra gauntlets
hekatrix with venom blade and blast pistol
As said, these need to be 9-strong with a transport (and could do with less upgrades. Seems to be a common theme here).

Quote :

Fast attack
3 reavers 98, with heat lance & cluster caltrops
I cannot deny the destructive potential of HLs, but fielded in singles they're rather unreliable. Caltrops are meh.

Quote :
5 scourges, 167, with blaster, heat lance, Solorite with blast pistol and venom blade
Bluntly: take 2 HLs or swap these out for Reavers. That Eldar Jetbike move is golden.

tl;dr: There's a lot to be trimmed here.

Wolfeslad
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2011, 00:33

Thanks everyone, I am in the process of trimming the list while painting up quite a few of the models I have and saving up for an airbrush setup.

As soon as I have some models finished i'l post some pics for some cc, I am more of a painter than a player, I just need to find. Way that I can take pics of my models and have them come out like they do in real life.

Thanks again for the feedback guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help   1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1k non-tourny list! Needing a bit of help
Page 1 of 1