THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)

Go down 
+28
Caldera02
Imateria
the_scotsman
Count Adhemar
Razorfate
Ikol
Red Corsair
The Red King
Lord Asvaldir
Quauchtemoc
LordSplata
Sarkesian
Barrywise
amishprn86
PFI
Alezya
Rusty293
TeenageAngst
HERO
Crazy_Ivan
CptMetal
PartZebra
Rodi Sikni
Mppqlmd
Von Snabel
The Shredder
AzraeI
FattimusMcGee
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FattimusMcGee
Hellion
FattimusMcGee

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  Empty
PostSubject: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 06:15

After reading all the Previews a few times, and then watching tonights Tabletop Tactics video of Spider playing the new Drukhari Codex, here is a list of changes I could gather:

- Venoms are down 20pt - 60pt base!!!
- Necrotoxin Missiles are 3d6 shots!!!
- Dissies are now cheaper than DL. Dissie Ravager ~125pt. Ravagers have price drop
- Haywire is d3 shots!!!
- Across the board price reductions. Confirm. Scourge, Ravager, Venom, Wych, Hellions, Reavers & more
- Huskblades are good now? +1S, -2AP, d3Dmg
- Deny enemy strategem on a 2+, for 3cp
- Hellions have potential to reach S7-8. Combat Drug +1, Trait +1, Weapon +1 , Strategem +1 - and I *think* 1 more somehow?
- Archons give re-roll 1's to Kabals, 6" or 12" w/relic-trait(?)- INCLUDING RAVAGERS!!!!!!!!!!!
- WE HAVE FIRE AND FADE!!!!!!!!!!
- Dd6 Blasters, of course
- 26" Move + 2d6 re-rollable Charge for Reavers w/trait
- Deepstriking, Character Sniping Tantalus/Reaper/Ravager/Whatever
- ~40-52A Wyche mobs @ 10models......
- Succubus has Plasma Grenades - S?(4)/-1/D1
- Wyches 2A base, +1 for blades
- Razorflails +1A -1AP
- Talos 5A base, +1A each CCW, "good synergy w/Haem + Cronos"
- Drukhari are king.
- Lightning Fast Reflexes Strategem - -1 to hit, can use on Fly/Bikes/Inf(?) - "Same as Eldar"

EDIT MORE:

- Djinn Blade (replaces HB): +2A, +1S, -3AP, Dd3
- Blasters on Archon are out of Codex ("but just use the Index ver. loadout")
- *From what I could see* Venoms are still only 5-model transports (??)
- Voidravens almost as cheap as RWJets

Kabal of the Black Heart Specific

- Relic that turns a failed 2++ into a 4++ on Archon

Kabel Of Flayed Skull Specific:

-WL Trait = +1A/+1S anytime involved w/charge
- Djinn Blade specific
- +3" move, fly units re-roll 1's on RF, ignore cover trait (even in transport)

Cult of Red Grief

- Succubus is "Reasonably pointed"

Prohpets of Flesh

- WL buff = re-roll 1's on PoF saves

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 10:47

the transport capacity has me crying
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:34

AzraeI wrote:

The lack of mobility options on HQs has reminded me of why I should never allow myself to have the slightest shred of hope for anything DE related.

Also, apparently the Archite Glaive has remained unchanged. So someone at GW had to look at a weapon that has less strength than a Power Fist and one ever does 1 damage and say to themselves 'Yep, this definitely needs a -1 penalty to hit. It's just that powerful.'
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:41

So the entire codex is crap because you have to plan around a flaw ?

The Glave is a little bit ridiculous that it's -1 to hit. I'd rather have it be more expensive and no modifier. But there is allways the relic if one is desperate to use her as a beat stick instead of a buffer. Or just go for the Agonizer and perhaps the agonizer relic. We still hit on 2s after tun 3 and 3s reroll 1s before that.
Like if those 2 are your biggest complains then I'd say it's a good codex, right ?

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:42

Let's face it : succubus are only a way to inflict mortal wounds to your opponent by sacrificing themselves Smile

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:45

Von Snabel wrote:
So the entire codex is crap because you have to plan around a flaw ?

No, you're right. Clearly having the slowest HQs in the game bar IG - in an army that's supposed to be fast - is just an example of superb design by GW.

On an unrelated note, would anyone like to buy any magic beans?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:49

Quote :
On an unrelated note, would anyone like to buy any magic beans?
Eh ?

My Archon is going to sit next to ravagers to grant them a reroll of 1's. The rest of the army won't need it anyway, they'll get it from the Flayed Skull trait.

Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:51

If it's so horrible, why are you still here ?
A venom is like 60p, it's not a huge deal. you can't be sniped(the venom can, not the character) so you can tuck it away or you can just stand near your ravagers or whatever you need. You can disembark you know and move 11+1d6 "(rerolling) if you need to. And still hit on 3s if you go for a Blaster.

Edit: If you lose your venom you can always commandeer some poor plebs vehicle

Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:55

what worries me is if we can mix obsessions on our transport or not. I think that is one of the most important things of the codex an no preview say nothing about that.

If they have supressed the aclaration about transport " x Drukhari infantry" this will be even a more expensive army and will change the lists a lot.

And i'm still curious about if we recibe a "+1 hit rolls on CC" on the PfP table o still remains with a crap like the +1 WS
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:02

Rodi Sikni wrote:
what worries me is if we can mix obsessions on our transport or not. I think that is one of the most important things of the codex an no preview say nothing about that.

If they have supressed the aclaration about transport " x Drukhari infantry" this will be even a more expensive army and will change the lists a lot.

That is a good point. Gonna check out the Incontrol review that should drop tonight and read the rules for myself. (Can recommend, he's a very competitive player and might have a good eye for broken crap we can abuse)

Rodi Sikni wrote:

And i'm still curious about if we recibe a "+1 hit rolls on CC" on the PfP table o still remains with a crap like the +1 WS
Not sure I follow, the current state is +1 to hit in the fight phase. Do you mean the Drugs ?

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:07

Von Snabel wrote:
If it's so horrible, why are you still here ?

Forgive me, I hadn't realised that disliking the codex warranted banning me from TDC.

Von Snabel wrote:
A venom is like 60p, it's not a huge deal.

I always love when an HQ tax is then followed by a transport tax for that HQ.

Von Snabel wrote:
you can't be sniped(the venom can, not the character) so you can tuck it away or you can just stand near your ravagers or whatever you need.

Awsome. I'd hate for my HQ to be doing anything remotely fun.

But, I appreciate that the problem is with me. How dare I expect the HQ choices in what is apparently the fastest army to have any mobility options besides 'walk' or 'sit in a transport wondering why thet even bothered to show up'.

I'm surprised they even bothered giving Archons weapons. Might as well have just given them a newspaper to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:15

Von Snabel wrote:
Rodi Sikni wrote:

Not sure I follow, the current state is +1 to hit in the fight phase. Do you mean the Drugs ?

yes, i'm sorry xD i wanna say the serpentin bonus
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:40

The Shredder wrote:

Forgive me, I hadn't realised that disliking the codex warranted banning me from TDC.

Yeah, obviously I was impying that you should be banned. But you constantly claim everything is a pest. So if the game is so horrible, why not do something else ? Not a sass question, more of a question of personal choice, and the quality of them.

The Shredder wrote:

I always love when an HQ tax is then followed by a transport tax for that HQ.

So, you'd like it to have like a Skyboard/bike whatever. And that'd cost 130ish points. So then it's a even bigger tax so why care in the first place ? And the tax is like 70p, if you think that's the reason you don't perform well, I have some bad new for you. You can't have good things and not pay for them. But I'm gonna give it to you that I'd love the board/bike option. But it's not in the codex and havent been for years. So play Eldar or Custodes if that's the one thing that makes a codex fun for you.

The Shredder wrote:

Awsome. I'd hate for my HQ to be doing anything remotely fun.
So what is fun ? Can you only have fun if you can first turn chage with a 60p character with S4 -3 D d3? Or is it more that you don't want to think about the deployment and just be anywhere without any sort of planning ?

The Shredder wrote:

But, I appreciate that the problem is with me. How dare I expect the HQ choices in what is apparently the fastest army to have any mobility options besides 'walk' or 'sit in a transport wondering why thet even bothered to show up'.

You walk 8" and have no reason not to advance. Grots aren't fast, Coven in general isn't fast, and they're still in "apparently the fastest army". Could it be that not every unit must be super fast to still be a fast army ? One can wonder.

The Shredder wrote:

I'm surprised they even bothered giving Archons weapons. Might as well have just given them a newspaper to pass the time.

So you've never made combat with anything that doesn't have move 16" ? You do know that the game spans more than one turn. And you can walk around buildnings, and even through them if they have a door.

Last edited by Von Snabel on Sat Mar 31 2018, 13:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:42

To be fair, the Succubus isn't exactly slow on foot either - at least comparatively. Lady moves 7", not counting her re-rolling advance rolls 2nd Round onwards, and then she can still charge thereafter if she's Red Grief. If she's still too slow for you then go for the double drug trait, and nab yourself some speed (pun intended). She's also rather cheap, and can't be shot at, making her fairly safe.

I think we'd all have loved it if she could have a bike, or could snuggle up with an entourage in a Venom. That's indisputably better, yes, but I don't think its disingenuous to say that the succubus isn't absolute trash anymore. Once she's up close and personal (which won't take too long, even on foot), she's aight. Could be better, but not bad.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:53

It's not about liking the Codex but rather that you repeatedly announced that this codex sucks so hard that you're going to quit. Instead you're looming here and repeat the same again and again.

instead do what you announced; what surprises me since I thought you were a man of your word.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 14:09

CptMetal wrote:
It's not about liking the Codex but rather that you repeatedly announced that this codex sucks so hard that you're going to quit. Instead you're looming here and repeat the same again and again.

instead do what you announced; what surprises me since I thought you were a man of your word.

I said I'd quit Dark Eldar, not the forum. Neutral

But you know what, fine. I know you've wanted me gone for ages, Captain. I'll give you your wish.

This will be my final post on this site.

Goodbye and good riddance.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 15:15

Losing trueborn is a bit rubbish but just take scourges instead basically the same unit with a larger move distance, they can deep strike, have better saves, and don't need a vehicle.

Last edited by Crazy_Ivan on Sat Mar 31 2018, 21:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FattimusMcGee
Hellion
FattimusMcGee

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:05

The Shredder wrote:
AzraeI wrote:

The lack of mobility options on HQs has reminded me of why I should never allow myself to have the slightest shred of hope for anything DE related'

Lol, seriously dude? We literally doubled maybe even TRIPLED in power and you're sad??
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:42

FattimusMcGee wrote:
The Shredder wrote:
AzraeI wrote:

The lack of mobility options on HQs has reminded me of why I should never allow myself to have the slightest shred of hope for anything DE related'

Lol, seriously dude? We literally doubled maybe even TRIPLED in power and you're sad??

well as the transport capacity hasnt tripled, yes yes indeed i am sad about this (and for now only this)
eldar guard tau etc can stuff a character in a transport with a ten man unit, even marines in a razorback get six, and our archon cant ride along his subordinates, our succubus cant ride along her background dancers
"but you could take nine"
but why would i? so i cant take a second blaster/ TWO more wych cult weapons?
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:57

FattimusMcGee wrote:
The Shredder wrote:
AzraeI wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here Very Happy

I mean, we're better than the Index, but doubled in power? not sure

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 22:23

That would mean that the average point reduction our units ALL received was 50% price cut. Rolling Eyes

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 22:34

I want to see these Haywire changes work with a Doomseer. I bet the results would be impressive.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
FattimusMcGee
Hellion
FattimusMcGee

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 23:48

Mppqlmd wrote:
That would mean that the average point reduction our units ALL received was 50% price cut. Rolling Eyes

From what I can gather, we're looking at a ~10-30% point reduction on most stuff (even more for wargear - ie, Dissies are 15pt I believe, HL is 12pt, etc). Lelith is only 80pts now guys........

We have strategems that alone boost our ability, I'll keep it light and say ~25% even though I feel it's more

Re-roll 1's to hit on Archon alone is another ~5% bump (honestly more).

It goes on. The counter-strategem alone has the potential to completely upend the meta - anyone who relies on a specific strategem will have to plan for ANY Aeldari army they face (as obviously people will be allying in Black Heart).

I'll admit, triple power level is hyperbole. Double though? I firmly believe it. Even if it isn't double we can all agree (I hope) that we've become insanely more powerful. The 5-model capacity doesn't bother me now that Archons will babysit Ravagers. The only somewhat crappy part is Raiders not being able to carry a Succubus + 10 Wyches, but 9 wyches may still be fine/Venoms are so cheap it's laughable.

IN FACT, I'd much rather have a 60pt Venom w/5-model capacity than a 6-cap 70pt version. Seeing how I'll be spamming 6+ Venoms every list for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:38

Couldn't it be possible to use a under strength unit? Pay for ten witches but use only 9?

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:40

CptMetal wrote:
Couldn't it be possible to use a  under strength unit? Pay for ten witches but use only 9?
Are you allowed to do this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: