THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)

Go down 
+28
Caldera02
Imateria
the_scotsman
Count Adhemar
Razorfate
Ikol
Red Corsair
The Red King
Lord Asvaldir
Quauchtemoc
LordSplata
Sarkesian
Barrywise
amishprn86
PFI
Alezya
Rusty293
TeenageAngst
HERO
Crazy_Ivan
CptMetal
PartZebra
Rodi Sikni
Mppqlmd
Von Snabel
The Shredder
AzraeI
FattimusMcGee
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:38

Jeah I think with the point reduction they might be viable.
They still suffer a lot from how frail they are and the lack of ap, but against some targets they are just great.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:40

Put a 16man unit in the Tantalus, give the Tantalus -1 to hit and call it a day lol.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:42

You're still killing 5.6 termies with a round of CC with those 20 hellions.

Agreed, it's not ideal (considering the price of your unit), but for an AP- unit it's quite impressive.

Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:46

Do you really face off this much termies?

I saw none since 8th Ed except one game: Black Templars.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:47

I REALLY wise they had either -1 to hit or a dodge vs shooting only, b.c the whole, charge>fallback>bomb>shoot>charge is what makes them fun to play.

Against certain armies (like Orks and Poxwalker spam or Cultist crap) they will do some serious damage. But against others they will just die in a turn.

There is more than terminators now with that profile, Sguard are all over (they are 2 wounds) Primaris are 2 wounds now, a lot of Chaos are 2 wounds 5++ and even 2/3/4+ saves.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Wed Apr 04 2018, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:48

No. But Hellions are good against pretty much every W2 unit, except 2+ termies (because lack of AP).

So you can use them to mulch bikes, jets, nobz, crisis, lychguards, nids... many, many things.

Slave
Caldera02

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 13:49

Mppqlmd wrote:
Hellions are one of the most offensive unit in the codex.

- You can use them to roll 20 D6 and inflict mortal wounds on 5+. Pretty darn neat.

- You can pump them up to 3 S5 D2 attacks each. Agreed, it isn't ideal against termies, but it's gonna make a few lychguards/Crisis/any bikes cry.

- Alternatively, you can pump them up to S6 and go hunt vehicles.

- And they still have 2 poison per cap. A tad more expensive than Kabalites, but with a better range (optimal 18" vs optimal 12"), and when you factor in the transport, they are actually cheaper.

They are fragile (like many units in the game), but you can give them Hard to Hit with a stratagem, and they can be immune to moral. I've seen a lot worse.

For me, they are the epitome of Glass Cannon. So much damage potential on such a fragile unit is fascinating.

So for the same amount of wounds in Reavers it's 190 pts vs 280. You can do the same fly over but 10 vs 20 dice. 4+ sv and higher toughness. Faster. Don't hit as hard. Better weapon options.

I'm not sure the only advantage of more dice on that Strat is worth how much more you have to pay for them.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 14:12

Quote :
Better weapons options
= more points invested, so the price advantage isn't that great anymore.

Quote :
Don't hit as hard
= exactly.

Quote :

I'm not sure the only advantage of more dice on that Strat is worth how much more you have to pay for them.
You pay for the damage. I don't consider 14pts to be expensive for 3 S5 D2 attacks on a mobile unit that can also shoot.

Those 2 units have very different roles. Reavers are a support unit that aims to charge Turn 1, and tank to bog the enemy down while doing little damage. Hellions are a vulnerable unit that requires support, but can deal an incredibly high amount of damage.

Slave
Caldera02

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 14:37

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :
Better weapons options
= more points invested, so the price advantage isn't that great anymore.

Quote :
Don't hit as hard
= exactly.

Quote :

You pay for the damage. I don't consider 14pts to be expensive for 3 S5 D2 attacks on a mobile unit that can also shoot.

Those 2 units have very different roles. Reavers are a support unit that aims to charge Turn 1, and tank to bog the enemy down while doing little damage. Hellions are a vulnerable unit that requires support, but can deal an incredibly high amount of damage.

The splinter pods are ok though. not amazing. It's only 36 more pts for heat lances or 51 for blasters. yeah the dmg on hellions looks good but man every single time I put a unit of 15 or so on the table they get murdered before getting to do anything. T3 and only a 5+ means they die to a stiff breeze.

The option of webwaying a big unit in on turn 2 to have a chance to get into melee intact is tempered by the fact that it's AP0. if it was ap -1 i would be right there with you on this.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 16:28

Yeah I definetly think hellions are at least worth trying out. They might no survive for very long to bounce in and out of combat with hit and run, but if you pick your fights well with them and have other fast targets to take some target priority off them, I think they can do really well. Plus I absolutely love the models, I'm just waiting for gangs of commorragh to be back in stock so I can get some.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 16:41

I think hellions could be made to work well.

I mean if you shove reapers into your opponents face and have a kabalite blob or few vehicles DS then the hellions will be the least of your opponents worries. So they hopefully won't be target priority #1, #2 or even #3. That should help them make contact turn 2

Hellion
FattimusMcGee

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 17:19

In regards to Hellions, don't forget the MW Strategem we got - When a unit of yours flies over an enemy unit, roll 1d6 for each MODEL in YOUR unit that passed over them.

Note I *could* be reading it wrong, but....

What's that? One of my guys on the edge of the unit flew over your character? Well darn, now I'm rolling 20 dice and every 6 is a MW now! Chucks. I know on average that's "only" 3 MW, but we've all seen the Dice Gods at play. a Potential 20MW for 1CP or whatever it is? Sure.

But yeah, otherwise Hellions are decent. I think the idea is to run them in blobs and use them for a lightning quick dash before they get blown away. That, however, leaves the rest of your army wide open to do as it pleases....
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 18:19

FattimusMcGee wrote:
In regards to Hellions, don't forget the MW Strategem we got - When a unit of yours flies over an enemy unit, roll 1d6 for each MODEL in YOUR unit that passed over them.

Note I *could* be reading it wrong, but....

What's that? One of my guys on the edge of the unit flew over your character? Well darn, now I'm rolling 20 dice and every 6 is a MW now! Chucks. I know on average that's "only" 3 MW, but we've all seen the Dice Gods at play. a Potential 20MW for 1CP or whatever it is? Sure.

But yeah, otherwise Hellions are decent. I think the idea is to run them in blobs and use them for a lightning quick dash before they get blown away. That, however, leaves the rest of your army wide open to do as it pleases....
Reavers have the same stratagem and are more easily able to utilize it due to their superior speed. Only 5 points more per model, too.

Big Hellion mobs are almost impossible to hide, and are super fragile. The lack of AP means they bounce off of the multi-wound stuff they want to target. Seems like just a bad unit ever since the Baron retired.

I wish they had some kind of mini shock-prows that gave them -1AP. Just that little change swings their numbers in a big way, although it doesn't change the fact that any attention from the enemy at all removes the whole unit in one turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4