THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)

Go down 
+28
Caldera02
Imateria
the_scotsman
Count Adhemar
Razorfate
Ikol
Red Corsair
The Red King
Lord Asvaldir
Quauchtemoc
LordSplata
Sarkesian
Barrywise
amishprn86
PFI
Alezya
Rusty293
TeenageAngst
HERO
Crazy_Ivan
CptMetal
PartZebra
Rodi Sikni
Mppqlmd
Von Snabel
The Shredder
AzraeI
FattimusMcGee
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 06:49

Sure, each side of a d3is 1/3rd chance.
The same result is a reroll, so we will ignore it.
A 1 on a d3can not win so 0.
A 2 on a d3 wins 1 out of 6 times and 1time is a reroll and is ignored. So 1/5 wins.
A3 on a d3 wins twice so 2/5
1/3*0+1/3*1/5+1/3*2/5=3/15
20% of a d3 winning
Hence 80% of the d6 winning
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 07:02

Barrywise wrote:
3 Patrol detachments, 3 HQ’s? I’m shoving them all into a Venom(or 2). Boom problem solved. Rest of the Codex is too scary for opponent to try and focus down HQ’s

Depends if the 3 HQ's are from different kabal/cult/coven, etc...
I suppose there will be some sort of limitation like Craftworld type...

Succubus will definitely be in transport.
Archon: Depends on his role. If he is from a BH kabal with the double aura, I think I will play him on foot. If he is a killing machine (Flayed Skull): transport.
Haemy: Dunno

I need to buy some stuff... Damn I thought I already had enough with what I already have... Sad
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 10:29

Ph 178 on the far side

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 13:59

I'd be really annoying I'd our transports change to being able to transport only keyword kabal while in a kabal detachment or something like that, don't mind buying a transport just for 2-3 hqs but one per hq would really suck. I really don't think that will be the case though, and I plan on running my archon and sccubus in a venom alongside maybe a few court models. Heamonculus will go on foot to give his aura to wracks/talos.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 10:52

All transports in the game carry only the units with the same chapter/legion/craftworld/sept keyword. Drukhari would be the same. You can transport 2 archons from the same kabal with court of archon models to act as living shields in case of exploding transports
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 11:05

Razorfate wrote:
All transports in the game carry only the units with the same chapter/legion/craftworld/sept keyword. Drukhari would be the same. You can transport 2 archons from the same kabal with court of archon models to act as living shields in case of exploding transports

Not true. Astra Militarum can transport any AM infantry unit. Doesn't have to be from the same regiment.

Razorfate
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 11:40

Yes you are right for IG, but is there any other exanple other than them?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 11:48

Razorfate wrote:

No idea, but I don't have access to all the 8e codexes so there could be. More importantly though, I'm not sure GW would be mentally able to write a suitable rule for limiting transports given that Raiders and Venoms potentially have 3 different 'faction' keywords. The rule would probably end up being a complete mess!

the_scotsman
Hellion
the_scotsman

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 12:30

The D6 wins 80% of the time yet the very first time I tried using the weapon the other day I still lost the roll off with a reroll Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 13:36

Razorfate wrote:

Nope.
Ynnari characters can enter any CW transport, other than that there isn't... I don't know about Necrons though, I haven't read their codex yet.

Even Orks seem limited to Clans.

I don't see why we should/would be treated differently
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 13:40

Alezya wrote:
Razorfate wrote:

Nope.
Ynnari characters can enter any CW transport, other than that there isn't... I don't know about Necrons though, I haven't read their codex yet.

Even Orks seem limited to Clans.

I don't see why we should/would be treated differently
Necrons are tied to Dynasty for both Transports and teleportation beams.

The only example I can think of is us in the Index, so it will be interesting to see if thats unchanged for the codex.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 16:56

I mean why would they change the transport wording from the index, it's perfectly clear and makes sense right now, and it would be a huge pain if we can't put a bunch of our characters in the same transport. I'm confident that GW won't change the wording.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 16:58

It makes sense, the archons, succubi, and haemes work together for raiding purposes.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 17:13

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
I mean why would they change the transport wording from the index, it's perfectly clear and makes sense right now, and it would be a huge pain if we can't put a bunch of our characters in the same transport. I'm confident that GW won't change the wording.

B.c its GW lol! Mad Razz Neutral Sad Shocked

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 17:30

Fair but a man can hope for a reasonable ruling on something at least..

Slave
Caldera02

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 21:31

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Yeah I'm not a mathhammer person so I won't calculate the exact chances, but as long as you roll a +3 your absolultely guraenteed to keep your enemy locked in so it's such a good item. Funny how the impaler went from being one of the worst wych weapons to possibly the most useful one. Course you only need one per wych unit though, so the remaining special weapon slots can be spent on hydra gauntlets/razorflails, which actually seems like an actual dilema now that razorflails add +d3 attacks instead of giving rerolls.

Razorflails are D3 attacks and re-roll to hit.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 23:52

Really, man that's sweet. All the wych weapons are definetly useful now.

Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 23:59

Razor flails are reroll to hit as well? I know they are in the index, but I haven't heard anyone mention it in the codex. If so, they just over took hydra gauntlets in a lot of circumstances.

I love choice!
Back to top Go down
Iveseenit
Hellion
Iveseenit

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 00:40

yes they are
Back to top Go down
Caldera02
Slave
Caldera02

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 00:42

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Really, man that's sweet. All the wych weapons are definetly useful now.

Yup I was playing with them in the BOLS Twitch game on monday.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 00:52

How are people feeling about Hellions?

I don't know if there is a point to their ability to stack S very high, they are super fragile and out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Caldera02
Slave
Caldera02

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 00:58

withershadow wrote:

I don't know if there is a point to their ability to stack S very high, they are super fragile and out in the open.

I still don't like them, even at 14pts. Just die too easy. If they were ap -1....maybe.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 01:30

Caldera02 wrote:
withershadow wrote:

I still don't like them, even at 14pts.  Just die too easy.  If they were ap -1....maybe.

Yeah, honestly nothing change but a few points less, they needed more than a few points less, sure they can use a Stratagem, but mine are just going to die turn 1, or i DS thema nd i have a 50/50 chance to use them.

I was hoping for something like -1 to hit or 5++ and if you advance gain 4++ (like a dodge) something more fun.

Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 03:38

Caldera02 wrote:
withershadow wrote:

I still don't like them, even at 14pts.  Just die too easy.  If they were ap -1....maybe.
I agree, even with a high strength, they seem to bounce off most power armored targets when I run the math. There is the fly-over stratagem, but even with a re-roll on advances, they pretty much have to already be engaged to reliably fly over most units. Reavers seem to be able to do that much more successfully at only a small premium.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:27

Hellions are one of the most offensive unit in the codex.

- You can use them to roll 20 D6 and inflict mortal wounds on 5+. Pretty darn neat.

- You can pump them up to 3 S5 D2 attacks each. Agreed, it isn't ideal against termies, but it's gonna make a few lychguards/Crisis/any bikes cry.

- Alternatively, you can pump them up to S6 and go hunt vehicles.

- And they still have 2 poison per cap. A tad more expensive than Kabalites, but with a better range (optimal 18" vs optimal 12"), and when you factor in the transport, they are actually cheaper.

They are fragile (like many units in the game), but you can give them Hard to Hit with a stratagem, and they can be immune to moral. I've seen a lot worse.

For me, they are the epitome of Glass Cannon. So much damage potential on such a fragile unit is fascinating.

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next