THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)

Go down 
+28
Caldera02
Imateria
the_scotsman
Count Adhemar
Razorfate
Ikol
Red Corsair
The Red King
Lord Asvaldir
Quauchtemoc
LordSplata
Sarkesian
Barrywise
amishprn86
PFI
Alezya
Rusty293
TeenageAngst
HERO
Crazy_Ivan
CptMetal
PartZebra
Rodi Sikni
Mppqlmd
Von Snabel
The Shredder
AzraeI
FattimusMcGee
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rusty293
Hellion

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:45

Yeah, pretty sure it's in the main rulebook. You can only take one unit though if you play it as an under strength one. I've done it with Incubi a couple of times to fit them with an archon in a venom
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:47

That would be awesome for wyches in a raider
Back to top Go down
Rusty293
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:54

Not sure how it works with upgrades tbh. I mean technically you've paid for 10 wyches so you should be able to take a full complement of weapons. Then again, I could see people arguing the advantage you're getting by being able to fit a character in with them compensates for losing 1 wych and the ability to take more wych weapons.
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 10:22

CptMetal wrote:
Couldn't it be possible to use a  under strength unit? Pay for ten witches but use only 9?

You can, but it works for minimum-sized unit (p.270 and 360).
So if Wyches have 5 minimum, you can field 4 of them. But not sure if it works also for 9 instead of 10?
I also have some serious doubts about the equipment options then...

And in Matched play game, you can only include an understrength unit in an Aux. Support Detachment (p. 360): -1 CP
Might not be worth actually...
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:31

It does'nt work for 9 since the understrength unit is 4 and afterwards you add more wyches indiidually. The rule which is under battleforged armies specifically states that sometimes you don't have enough models to field a minimum strength unit.... and you pay the point cost for a minimum sized unit
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:32

The Incubi and Archon (Or now Drahazr) is a really good idea to do that with.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:53

3 Patrol detachments, 3 HQ’s? I’m shoving them all into a Venom(or 2). Boom problem solved. Rest of the Codex is too scary for opponent to try and focus down HQ’s

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 16:15

Barrywise wrote:
3 Patrol detachments, 3 HQ’s? I’m shoving them all into a Venom(or 2). Boom problem solved. Rest of the Codex is too scary for opponent to try and focus down HQ’s

That´s an idea but I will put my Haemonculus with my Grotesquerie (hehe) and my Succubus (which I have to convert/buy) into a raider with my 5 witches and use her as a suicide bomb with the traitors cage warlord trait (or is it a relic)?

BTW: Can we use more than one relic with the appropriate strategem?

Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 16:17

I’ll put some hqs on foot, some will be in vehicles. Glad we have the option of choosing. Archon with court? In a venom. Succubus? Probably on foot as I’d want to take out threats from range or with alpha strikes then have her come in after to help clean up. Haemonculus? On foot with talos/cronos, raider with 4 grots, etc.

Many options depending on my mood and army design. Also transport capacity unchanged doesn’t bother me. Yes it would have been nice, but I’ve been playing with these rules for the last 4 years. I’m already used to them and can work around issues.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 22:24

PFI wrote:
It does'nt work for 9 since the understrength unit is 4 and afterwards you add more wyches indiidually. The rule which is under battleforged armies specifically states that sometimes you don't have enough models to field a minimum strength unit.... and you pay the point cost for a minimum sized unit

What about the if you do t have the model then you can't place the model, even if you've paid for it?
I know it exists in previous editions, but I'm not sure about this one.

If the minimum squad sizes were changed that would also have worked out perfectly....
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:39

It specifically refers to the minimum squad size and paying points for the minimum size. So paying for 5 wyches and using 4 is fine. But it takes an auxiliary detach. Now taking 9 you can't because after 5 you add wyches at 1 model at a time and it is no longer at minimum size.

Also cptmetal there will be the obvious relic strat to allow up to 2 additional relics. But remember a model can't be given more than 1 relic.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:44

I read on a french forum that Shardnet/Impaler make the enemy no escape dice roll 1D3

.If thats true i will put one in all of my 10 women whyche squad
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:47

Yup that's true, they mentioned that in the BoLS video. I immediately pulled a shardnet&impaler out of my bits bag threw it on a wych, makes the no escape rule so much better and such a bargain assuming it remains 4pts.

Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:49

Tbh even at 10 point i would take it, be almost sure to cancel falling back is nuts for fragile unit like whyches
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:54

Yeah I'm not a mathhammer person so I won't calculate the exact chances, but as long as you roll a +3 your absolultely guraenteed to keep your enemy locked in so it's such a good item. Funny how the impaler went from being one of the worst wych weapons to possibly the most useful one. Course you only need one per wych unit though, so the remaining special weapon slots can be spent on hydra gauntlets/razorflails, which actually seems like an actual dilema now that razorflails add +d3 attacks instead of giving rerolls.

Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 02:00

Well you need a 4+ to be totally sure cause equality mean a reroll but still seems pretty solid.

If i did my math correctly we have now 67% chance of directly winning . Dont have the faith to do the chance of direct lose and reroll

Last edited by Quauchtemoc on Mon Apr 02 2018, 02:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 02:02

Ah right, regardless it is a very welcome change that changes no escape from a chancy rule to a far more reliable one.

Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 02:17

The maths on it are success 12/15ths of the time (80%). Really great odds and super fluffy!

With how much of a dilemm it is I will probably just run my wyches straight out of the box with one of each item in a squad. Purely for the looks!

But if you want to talk math hammer there are going to be two key builds:
Razor flails with +2 Str.
Hydra gauntlets with +2 attacks.
Both of which against marines score .59 and .62 wounds per model respectively. Pretty damn close to equal!
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 02:19

Do we know if the hekatryx get an acces to venom blade again ?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 02:22

LordSplata wrote:
The maths on it are success 12/15ths of the time (80%). Really great odds and super fluffy!

With how much of a dilemm it is I will probably just run my wyches straight out of the box with one of each item in a squad. Purely for the looks!

Both of which against marines score .59 and .62 wounds per model respectively. Pretty damn close to equal!

Yeah agreed on running wyches with one of every weapon, it will be really nice that for once I don't have to hunt down extra bits on Ebay just to give my 10 man unit the proper special weapon choices.

No idea if hekatrixes get access to venom blades, but archon's did get access to them.

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 02:34

I'm happy the impaler got improved because I'm putting together some daughters of Khaine right now and used the extra shrine guards with spears as special weapons so now they'll make sense.

Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 03:11

Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well you need a 4+ to be totally sure cause equality mean a reroll but still seems pretty solid.

If i did my math correctly we have now 67% chance of directly winning . Dont have the faith to do the chance of direct lose and reroll

It says the enemy player must win the roll off. Tying isn't winning. I don't see where it requires a re roll. Does the BRB specifically address roll offs? If so please shout out the page thanks.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 03:20

LordSplata wrote:

How did you get this result ? I'm a bit curious cause i dont know what to do about the reroll case
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 04:24

Red Corsair wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

It says the enemy player must win the roll off. Tying isn't winning. I don't see where it requires a re roll. Does the BRB specifically address roll offs? If so please shout out the page thanks.

That confused me as well so I looked in the rulebook, didn't find anything though I might have missed it.

Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 04:39

BRB roll offs: any tie immediately results in a re-roll.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)    Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next