THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 - Thinking of coming back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IntoTheRain
Slave
IntoTheRain

1500 - Thinking of coming back Empty
PostSubject: 1500 - Thinking of coming back   1500 - Thinking of coming back I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 01:58

I haven't played since 4th edition, but I do keep up with the game.  The 8th edition codex was interesting enough that I've been looking around for gaming groups.

I put together a rough list I could work toward thats just shy of 1500 pts.  I'm hoping you guys and gals cans give me some ideas to improve the list and round it out.

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [8 PL, 190pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: None (Mixed Detachment)

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 114pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [58 PL, 1020pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 114pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [8 PL, 112pts]
. 6x Incubi
. Klaivex: Klaive

Mandrakes [8 PL, 128pts]: 7x Mandrake, Nightfiend

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [14 PL, 257pts] ++

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 50pts]: Archite Glaive, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Wyches [4 PL, 93pts]
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Splinter pistol
. 6x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [3 PL, 57pts]: Arena Champion, 2x Reaver

Reavers [3 PL, 57pts]: Arena Champion, 2x Reaver

++ Total: [80 PL, 1467pts] ++

I've spent about a week getting back up to date on the game and gone through the forums looking at some suggested tactics.  

A couple people have said they try to have 1 Dark Lance per 100 pts, but that number seems to include Disints and Blasters with the new dex.  I currently have 6 Lances, 6 Disints, and 4 Blasters in the list - which does meet the threshold, but I'm a little worried about how long some of those weapons will stick around.

I've also got a couple of plain suicide Reavers to lock things up on turn 1.  I'm not sure if I need 2 squads for this or not, as it may be possible to dissolve a squad and use the remaining points to put together a Hellion unit.  The Patrol is almost certain to get Red Grief, so I'm unsure if its worth it to go into Hellions or not.  Honestly kind of miffed I never got to try the 5th edition ability to run over units for attacks with them.  A strategem just isn't the same.

The HQs were kept dirt cheap, and can ride around with the Incubi to go kill things.  I'm unsure yet as to whether this is overkill or not.  One Archon may stay with the Ravagers if I opt for a BH patrol, and take advantage of his double Auras.  Incubi seem a lot less popular than when I played, so I'm unsure what happened to kill off their effectiveness.

I'm only generating 7 CPs, which I'm unsure is adequate.  The forums here are saying 8 is the minimum, but I don't see an easy way to get another CP.  I also haven't committed to my Kabal Obsessions yet.  BH seems to be the obvious choice, with good reason, but the other 3 are strong with my Kabalite Squads as well.

The list also has about 30 pts left free, but I'm not sure where the best place to invest them would be.  If you have any thoughts on the best way to use this, or ideas about the list in general, please let me know.
Back to top Go down

1500 - Thinking of coming back
Page 1 of 1