THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 22:53

Making an army list where one portion will be a Dark Creed Tantalus filled with wyches, a succubus and a Haemonculous.

My question is what cult to make the wyches.  

My initial instinct was to go with strife to get access to the fight again strategem and the re-roll charges.  I would then give my succubus the Blood Glaive artefact.    For drugs, the wyches would get +1 STR and the Succubus +1 Attack.

The alternative is to make them cult of the cursed Blade.   This automatically gives the wyches +1 STR, so I could actually make them STR 5 in this case.    The Succubus would have the Traitor's Embrace (which is an absolutely delicious artefact!)

Being in the tantalus, they could potentially stay in there Turn 1, and then deploy, move and charge Turn 2.

Additional question:
The Kabal portion of my list will be a Black Heart Battalion and I will have 2 Coven patrols one Dark Creed and one Prophets of Flesh.    

Am I better to take the Writ of the Living Muse for the Archon, or send my Prophets of Flesh Haemonculus with the wyches instead and give him the Vexator Mask ?

My opponent will likely be Tyranids if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
benmet
Hellion
benmet

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 23:12

The blood Glaive is a red grief artefact. So that might influence your decision.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 02:30

oops! good catch. It is Red Grief I was looking at (since I was looking at the re-roll charge distances). But that does change the strategem that I would have available to me. Not that consolidating back into the tantalus is a bad thing!
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 03:09

Note that power from pain gives you reroll charges starting on turn 2 regardless of Obsession.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 03:56

withershadow wrote:
Note that power from pain gives you reroll charges starting on turn 2 regardless of Obsession.

red greif is mainly for T1 charges on reavers and hellions, don't take it if you intend to use a lot of wyches. red greif outriders are the best, as wyches benefit more from strife or cursed blade. you can take a red grief reaver outrider for less than 500 points, and the are invaluable anti-alpha strike tools. charging an enemy tank on T1 to stop it from shooting really give the rest of your force time to get in to position, and reduces the damage you take. reavers are also durable, great to shove down the enemies' throat!

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 04:10

Thanks all. That's the conclusion I ultimately came to as well. Cursed Blade it is. + 1 strength drug for the wyches makes them a total of STR 5. Very handy to charge in and destroy his Hive Guard.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols   2000 point list:  One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point list: One Kabal Battalion, 3 Patrols
Page 1 of 1