THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

warlord sniping

Go down 
+9
Gazbal
DeathByAThousandCuts
Ragnos
Rusty293
withershadow
PFI
Lord Asvaldir
the_scotsman
dumpeal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 01:48

What is the best way to snipe a warlord, to gain the -1 morale army-wide? probably the esoteric kill, but I would like to hear you about any ways.

ps.: Not the Dark Creed tantalus that shoot 12 F7 shots. It will be FAQ'ed.
Back to top Go down
the_scotsman
Hellion
the_scotsman

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 01:54

You have to get him in the fight phase. You can't use the Stratagem if you just shoot him
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 03:02

Yeah you need a character killer. Probably either an archon with the djinn blade and either eternal hatred or famed savagery trait, or a succubus with the blood glaive.

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 04:32

Uh, could do a haemonc with the flensing blade relic and +1 to wound for 5 attacks hitting on 2's wounding on 2's and doing 3 damage. Might not have best ap but most characters with great saves have great invuls anyways
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 05:16

Yeah that's not bad either, ap-2 is good enough since most good combat characters have a +4 invul. Also the straight 3 damage is very solid.

Wych
withershadow

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 06:20

Soul seeker? Only -1AP, but always wounds on 2+, D3 damage, and 18” range with no LOS required.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 06:45

Not bad for sniping but if you want to use the -1ld stratagem you have to kill the enemy warlord in an assault.

Hellion

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 07:33

Cursed blade succubus with treacherous deciever WT and traitors embrace relic? She might kill them with her archite glaive but if that doesn't work there's potential for the mortal wounds caused by saves of 6 to chip away and the traitors embrace to finish off
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 07:53

I would also try for soul seeker to cripple him and then get in CC with something fast to do the last hit. Maybe 6 red grief reavers with +1A drug. If he still has too many wounds you could also use grav talons on your reavers. Anyway he should be down to 1 or 2 wounds because reavers won't do that much dmg.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAThousandCuts
Slave
DeathByAThousandCuts

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 22:16

I was thinking of using a unit of red grief reavers. Take 6 with grav talons. Flyby him for 2 Mortal Wounds on average. Charge him for another 1 on average.

You now only need to do 2 wounds to kill an average character like a Space Marine Captain or equivalent. If you roll well he might even be down to a single wound. Maybe slapping an Agoniser on the Champ would be a good investment to help strip off those last 2 wounds.

Alternatively a venom full of all those mandatory extra HQs you have to take now days could be a good way of killing him if you can clear a path with the rest of your army.
Back to top Go down
Gazbal
Slave

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 01:15

I'm fairly sure you can only take 1 per 3 models and a max of 12 models per unit.

So the max grav talons you could have would be 4.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 01:48

Poisoned Tongue Archon plus 4 Lhamaeans will blend most warlords if they can all reach melee.

Lhamaeans do 8 attacks × 8/9 hits × (5/6 wounds × unsaved rate e.g. 1/3 + 1/2 mortal) × 7/6 PT obsession = 6.5 unsaved wounds
Archon is there in case you are rolling badly with the Lhamaeans

Back to top Go down
Voidhawk
Hellion
Voidhawk

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 12:43

The Lhamaean issue is that they fight one at a time, so your opponent gets a chance to interrupt after the first one goes and kill the other three. Sure you can Vect-Counter the interrupt, but it is pretty pricey and there's probably alot of stuff the enemy is doing you want to counter with those CP.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAThousandCuts
Slave
DeathByAThousandCuts

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 12:48

@Gazbal

Yes its 1 per 3, but in a unit of 6 you have 2 each doing a mortal wound on a 4+ so it averaged out to 1.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 22:49

Wouldn't, At best, the enemy warlord only be able to kill 1 lhamaean as they are all individual units ... So they could only choose 1 to attack as each one is it's own unit?
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 23:34

I'd go reavers combined with dark creed relic and strat. Mortal wounds from reavers, and a couple blasters, pseudo mortals from relic, then reavers charge for kill

warlord sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: warlord sniping   warlord sniping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

warlord sniping
Page 1 of 1