THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sniping with Soulfright?

Go down 
+3
Bleaksoul Brethren
Azdrubael
decado4184
7 posters
AuthorMessage
decado4184
Slave

Sniping with Soulfright? Empty
PostSubject: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 17:12

Can I get some community feedback on whether I am interpreting the rules correctly.

The scenario is I commonly face a Chaos Sorcerer inside a squad of Plague Marines. Given that the Chaos Sorcerer is not Fearless but the Plague Marines are Fearless then am I correct in thinking that if I target the unit with a Soulfright weapon that wounds can only be allocated to the Chaos Sorcerer and he would be unable to LOS them as the wounds cannot be allocated to models with Fearless, effectively sniping him out of the unit?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 18:33

Yes.

Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 19:41

But the plague marines make the squad fearless therefore immune to it doesnt it? Or is there somewhere in the rules that states otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 19:46

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
But the plague marines make the squad fearless therefore immune to it doesnt it? Or is there somewhere in the rules that states otherwise?

The rule says that you can`t allocate wounds by soulfright to model with fearless or ATSKNF.
So plague marines are unnefected, but all wound must be allocated to sorcerer.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 19:48

Ah I see it you are right.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 09:53

If this is true, if you shoot at a units of wracks (from the Coven) with soulfright in their 4th turn then there is no effect since they are Fearless, but if you shoot at them in their 5th turn (when they are becoming Zealots instead of Fearless) then they are taking casualties??
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 09:58

They dont lose Fearless. Its not instead, it is in addition to.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 10:14

Azdrubael wrote:
They dont lose Fearless. Its not instead, it is in addition to.

Actually, they do lose Fearless. The table in the Covens book lists the special rules that apply on a given turn. On Turn 5 Fearless is removed and replaced by Zealot. Zealot has exactly the same in-game effect as Fearless and Hatred but it is not Fearless. Therefore, utterly bizarrely, your Coven units suddenly become vulnerable to Soulfright on Turn 5.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 13:12

Oh how I love GW rules. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniping with Soulfright?   Sniping with Soulfright? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniping with Soulfright?
Page 1 of 1