THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Cult-run craftworld?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
unclasped
Slave
unclasped

A Cult-run craftworld? Empty
PostSubject: A Cult-run craftworld?   A Cult-run craftworld? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 14:09

Hello everyone.  I would like to ask for help in developing a backstory for my True Kin forces (or help in completely changing it if my idea is found wanting).

As the title says, I am toying with the idea of an exiled wych cult that takes over a small, broken craftworld.  This is mostly to create a somewhat unique background for my True Kin and partly to give me a lore reason for including lesser kin without (completely) jumping on the Ynnari or corsair bandwagon.  Anyway here is a synopsis of my ideas (that are very much still a work-in-progress).  Note - I don’t have names decided yet.

Succubus A is a secondary succubus of a wych cult in the Dark City.  
After abandoning some real space raids because she felt there were no worthy opponents, she earned the ire of several archons.  Rumors spread that she would soon battle and succeed the head succubus.  The archons jump at this chance and convince the head succubus to have Succubus A killed.  Succubus A and her followers lead a real space raid accompanied by forces of the head succubus and the archons.  As they return to the webway, the betrayal happens.  Succubus A and her followers manage to escape deeper into the webway, but realize they cannot return to the Dark City (at least, not anytime soon).  The rename themselves the Cult of ____________.

As they travel the webway, a harlequin troupe appears and guides them to a damaged area.  There they find a gate to a small craftworld called ______________ under attack by demons.  Succubus A’s forces and the harlequins help push back the demons.  After the battle, the Harlequins leave and Succubus A claims that the craftworld belongs to her now since she saved it.  Having suffered numerous losses over the years, the craftworlders accept and the craftworld becomes Succubus A’s base of operations.

Years later, the two factions have started to influence each other and act more like a corsair group, but maintain their identities.  For example, the presence of wyches has led to a rise in the number of Howling Banshees and Striking Scorpions.  The True Kin slightly (very slightly) tolerate psykers because their divinations can lead to very profitable raids.  Also, Succubus A sends one of her lieutenants back to the Dark City so she can have eyes and ears in Commorragh.  This lieutenant takes the name of Archon A and creates the Kabal of _______________.  The kabal acts as a front for getting supplies and recruits for Succubus A.

A couple other ideas floating around are:
-Another reason for Succubus A’s betrayal is she begins to have a recurring vision/dream that many interpret as warp-influence (possible Ynnead tie-in).
-The Succubus discovers a way to insert a portion of her soul into the craftworld’s infinity circuit.  This slows the pull of Slannesh but corrupts the wraithbone, making it twisted (conversion opportunities!!)  Furthermore, strange shadows begin to appear within the craftworld (mandrakes).

So that’s the gist of what my mind concocted.  What do you think?  This is my first time trying to develop and write out a proper background, so I would appreciate some feedback before I get in too deep.  Thank you in advance.   Smile

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: A Cult-run craftworld?   A Cult-run craftworld? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 14:26

When the Eldar empire fell, those who escaped (the pansies) used what Craftworlds they could.
But mainy were lost in the process. Some were even lost later (just look at Altansar).

So it makes perfect sense that there might be a couple floating around without anyone on board to be claimed. Maybe even some that have crew onboard, but are dead in the water (or warp) with no way of escape.

My one comment might be that it might be that the lieutenant of a Succubus is likely themselves to be a Wych, and it seems odd for a Wych to found a Kabal.
It might be worth adjusting that to an Archon or Dracon allied to the Succubus, or in debt because they were along for the ride.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: A Cult-run craftworld?   A Cult-run craftworld? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 16:22

Kabal of the Blades of Desire, Archon Xelian is a former Wych I believe. Only thing inhibiting a Wych from becoming and Archon might be the unwillingness to give up the arena life for a life where there is paperwork. The paperwork does sometimes drive my huskblade into a close servant. Workplace accidents are such a shame. Also I agree that there ought to be ghost Craftworlds around. When it-you-know went banquet on our ancestors I'd imagine there were plenty to flying dinner plates within the range of the drain. Some might have been drained in flight through space, plenty of empty space to float in, and some might be buried on/in a world somewhere. By Khaine, we will the equivalent of want the monkaigh call a "sub-way" and I certainly feel a tingle my soul. Which reminds me to go and tickle my yesterday's entertainment a bit more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
unclasped
Slave
unclasped

PostSubject: Re: A Cult-run craftworld?   A Cult-run craftworld? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 06:50

Thanks for the comments!  I admit that a wych becoming an archon might be a stretch.  My thinking was the lieutenant would take on the role of an Archon to hide her allegiance to the succubus.  But I do like having an allied Dracon.  Perhaps it was an upstart Dracon who tipped off the Succubus about the betrayal.  This helped her escape.  

And now as I write this, I wonder if I could merge the two ideas.  The lieutenant returns to Commorragh, seeks out the Dracon, and together they form a new Kabal.  That way a "proper" Kabalite is running it, but is always under the watchful eye of the lieutenant who reports to the succubus.

Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: A Cult-run craftworld?   A Cult-run craftworld? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 10:20

I mean that would kinda make plausible sense (dark eldar sense), the succubus is content that she has both power over the Kabal but does not have to do the paperwork or bother with minutia, the dracon-archon is pleased by being the the eldar behind the curtain but not making himself too much of a target. Some sort of a twisted idol and manager duo. Already considering Succubus' are murder idols anyway. Damn it, kinda liking that idea more by the moment. Best of luck with hashing it out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cult-run craftworld?   A Cult-run craftworld? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cult-run craftworld?
Page 1 of 1