THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crucible of Malediction

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Crucible of Malediction Empty
PostSubject: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 20:26

The index version of the Haemonculus had the Crucible of Malediction as a wargear option. Interestingly enough, it didn't have a points value, so it was FREE.

Now, using the flowchart in the Designer's Commentary, we are allowed to use Index wargear options, if the option is no longer in the codex version of that model. I think you see where I'm going with this.

Run the Haemy up into range of a few psykers and and pop the Haemy's personal CoM and then spend 2 CP to use the strategem.

My biggest frustration with CoM was it's reliability, seems like having 2 charges now will make this WAY more reliable and even has the potential to flat out remove psykers with a little bit of luck!

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 20:31

There is a precendent in the T'au Codex FAQ where an item that was once wargear and is now a Stratagem isn't allowed to be used through the Index legacy route.

So need to stick with the Stratagem version only for this one.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:11

I think there's also an issue that the model/wargear in question needs to have had a model at some point. Unless I'm mistaken, there was never a model for the Crucible.

Saldiven
Slave
Saldiven

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:35

I believe the original Urien Rakarth model had a crucible. It's modeled like one of the cubes from Hellraiser. But, that was around 20 years ago, or close to it.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:39

The finecast Haemonculus also had the cube.

But it's irrelevant, the Tau FAQ sets precedent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crucible of Malediction
Page 1 of 1